Firedragon13
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

Keeping inventory

[Post New]by Firedragon13 on Mar 12, 18 7:39 PM
Been scanning the forum for inventory information.
I do not sell stamps, air ship items or pet food.

What I am wondering is how much inventory to keep. I have over 10 pages some items only one and others 5 of the same items.

I have not sold much because I want to have items for friends if they request them.

What should be safe to sell. Should I always keep one or two items . Right now not concentrating on collecting shards for Trina so will not trade items for shards.

No matter what inventory I have never seem to have what is needed for the daily quests.

When I win a crafted item on the wheel should I keep or sell it?

Thanks for answers and thoughts.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

Re:Keeping inventory

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 12, 18 7:56 PM
Keeping and deleting (selling or disenchanting) inventory is a subject that will bear you many different results.

Some players don't sell/disenchant ANYTHING.
Some will sell/disenchant nearly everything.

Some sell/disenchant crafted items as soon as they win them from the Fortune Wheel; others will keep everything.

Some players do a little of both......

1. There are some items that I do not sell/disenchant ...... EVER...... I also will not gift them because they are in high demand for opening the Castle ZZs for the Daily Quests. Examples are .... Torch, Rune Stone, Winged Amulet, Shard of Soul, Seed of Life, Polestar ..... there are a few others, but I will not list them all. Most players know which ones these are.

2. Personally, I do not disenchant crafted items I win from the Wheel of Fortune -- not even when I have several of them. This paid off during our last update beause I actually had 3 of the Star Light in inventory when Drake/Adora requested 3 in their quest. I also had 4 of the Cursed Amulet, so when the Keeper of the Castle asked for 3, I had them already in inventory. ...... I had won these from the Wheel, so it cost me nothing to give them away.

3. There are some items used in ZZs to open them......I generally want to have at least 50 of those items just in case I need to go multiple places.....Some of the ZZs open using the same items and I don't want to be caught short.

4. There are some items that are ONLY used to craft one or two items in the Laboratory.....periodically, I check that list against my inventory and get rid of all but 50 (sometimes I sell; sometimes I disenchant). That list is on page 3 of the "SPOILER - Where Does it Come from and Where Does it Go" thread that is on the Helpful Links for Midnight Castle ...... I will copy that list to my next post ..... but the list in the mentioned thread is updated as changes are made.....this one will not be...

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 12, 18 7:59 PM
Regarding the list mentioned in the previous post (and which follows) ..... I USED to sell all but 5 to 10 of them.....until the Devs opened new ZZs that required their usage and I was caught short during an update. It is for that reason that I keep a minimum of 50....others may have a different baseline, but that is mine.

The following is copied from the referenced thread:

.....here is a concise list of the items CURRENTLY only being used by laboratory items:

Avid Core
Bark of Iggdrasil
Bloody Revenge
Blooming Pond
Boiling Power
Bronze Circle
Cannonball
Chain of Blood Rubies
Chain of Fear
Deep Sea Crystal
Desert Stinger
Dream Melody
Early Leaves
Elf's Portrait
Executioner Cap
Foundation of the Universe
Galloon of Forgotten Legion
Healing Prayer
Heaviness of Sin
Hunting Trophy
Imperial Thaler
Knight's Honor
Law of Wisdom
Legend Elimination
Life Flower
Lunar Eclipse
Mask of Death
Mighty Serpent
Mind Binds
Minotaur's Horn
Misty Radiance
Monstrous Claw
Oversea Yarn
Pathfinder's Compass
Poisonous Bite
Raptorial Buckle
Rare Bird's Feather
Reconciliation Rod
Ring of Life Powers
Salt Water Amulet
Sea Bottom Shell
Sign of Tactics
Silent Judge
Snake Wicker
Soldier Duty
Squirrel Tail
Star Beam
Stinger of the South
Teeth of the North
Thirst for Profit
Thread of Lore
Throne Base
Torture Whip
Velvet Ale
Wild Flame
Wise Saying
Wizard's Ball
Writing Piece

Fire Circle -- found in Fire Spring HOS (Town - Residential District) is useful for the Fire Altar ZZ (Castle - Forbidden Tower) from levels 60 to 73 -- the ZZ is replaced by the returning Dragon

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 12, 18 8:07 PM
5. Event Items are a whole different story.......I try to keep a goodly amount of the items that are required for the seasonal DQs ...... I kept 50 one year, and soon ran out.....also, I keep a pretty large stock of the items required to capture the "flying objects" depending on the season......Carrot for Spring; Holiday Wand for Winter; Ghost Trap for Fall. I probably tend to keep more on hand than the average person, but that is just my preference.

Pet parts (Candle End, Bat Wing, etc) have been reused in second event runnings.... we needed 70 of the Bird's Trill to craft the Red Cardinal (mostly because they were so readily available from the 3 HOSs) ..... I have no idea how many will be required for future pets, so I am keeping a good supply of those, for instance.

Those are just some general practices that I employ.......but, I'm more in the "keeper" category than the "clean out the junk" set......It has come back to bite me when I got rid of all my seasonal items after the first year it was issued and when I got rid of even some of the day to day items.....now I tend to err on the side of caution.

Aurora378
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Aurora378 on Mar 12, 18 9:39 PM
Everyone has their own playing style, so there are thousands of possible answers to your question.

I play using a very minimalist approach: I don't keep more than 4 of any particular HOS inventory item; I am almost always out of the most popular items like the torch, runestone, key, etc. because the game asks for them so frequently. This makes it very easy to gift them to my friends though because I'm happy to spend a few coins to send them as gifts knowing how popular they are. When I need them for myself, I just play the rounds needed to obtain them.

I sell almost all the ZZ items and Crafted items I win at the time I win them to maximize my coins. It's always so expensive to level up when the updates come out that I try to build up my coins in advance. I don't have as much time to play as I did in the beginning, so I'm prioritizing coins over inventory in the short term.

None of this is fixed in stone. As I pick what I want to focus on as my next goal, I realign my choices with whatever my current goals are.

I keep a healthy level of stamps, pet food, and airship items at all times, and when I get out of balance on my airship items, I do swaps to boost the one or two airship items that remain stubbornly lower than all the others.

I use the puzzle games strategically to win diamonds and/or to win big items that I find annoying to have to work on in order to win them from one of the complicated ZZs.

Just proceeding along at a leisurely speed and enjoying the game.

Choose what works best for you and makes you happy because it best matches your playing style.

Have fun!

Aurora

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Mar 13, 18 1:05 AM
Yes, there are just as many playing styles as there are players.

Concerning the oft-needed zoom zone items...many of my friends and I request AND gift them.
The game has a bit of karma built in.
I find that very often, an item gifted will be won next time I do its HOS.

Firedragon13
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by Firedragon13 on Mar 13, 18 8:32 AM
Thanks for all the assistance. It will aid me in the way I will play in the future.

Fifty, 50, of each items seems a out of reach at this point. I am in the game only an hour or less each day. Most items I have only one of so I better get busy

Just finished the up date. Did complete this last CC but it took a lot of items especially the 30 pet medallions.

Will print the list of “important” items and keep it handy.

Guess I will ignore the next update and just build and build inventory.

Thanks to every one for the feedback..

Luckypool
Clownfish
Clownfish
607 Posts

[Post New]by Luckypool on Mar 13, 18 12:10 PM
Annelliegram wrote:

Those are just some general practices that I employ.......but, I'm more in the "keeper" category than the "clean out the junk" set......It has come back to bite me when I got rid of all my seasonal items after the first year it was issued and when I got rid of even some of the day to day items.....now I tend to err on the side of caution.

I fear you are right. As soon as the Christmas event finished I sold/disenchanted all my Christmas stuff when I should have kept it for the better pets?? Not really sure if that's right, I'm still a bit new to this game and all the nuances of it.

Sadly I'm in the 'clean out the junk' set even when it's not junk. I never seem to have enough coins so end up selling inventory. That said, I've had a recent good run of plain stamps and have managed to stockpile 65 which is uber uber uber for me!

Firedragon13
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by Firedragon13 on Mar 13, 18 12:16 PM
Luckypool , I learned early on, before I found the forum. Not to sell food, stamps or air ship items.

[Post New]by Susanna502 on Mar 13, 18 1:54 PM
The decision is very personal. It depends not just on your style, but may change depending on what is going on in the game. I am at about mid-level and tried the "no inventory" style. It worked well for me. (By inventory I mean only the items in the first tab.) I figure every time you use an item out of your inventory instead of doing a HOS you lose the opportunity to gain stamps, food, and airship items. If you don't get those items during normal play, you have to do more rounds. I do keep food, stamps, airship items, eggs, crafted items, and event items . I also keep a few of the items that zoom zones request in pairs (Example: Sand of Eternity and Live Potion).

During the Christmas Event I kept almost no inventory since the event DQs were all event items. When I was doing a lot of regular DQs it was better to have more inventory items to save time since DQs have to be done before new day. The same applies to Castle Challenges. At the moment I have a lot of inventory because I haven't had time to purge, but I hope to do that before the next event.

Edited on 03/13/2018 at 1:55:39 PM PST

amina046
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

[Post New]by amina046 on Mar 13, 18 4:57 PM
Silly question, but how many eggs of the same kind do you need? I thought you could not have more than 1 pet of each species?????

Help I am blonde

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Mar 13, 18 5:10 PM
amina046 wrote:Silly question, but how many eggs of the same kind do you need? I thought you could not have more than 1 pet of each species?????

Help I am blonde

First, make your pets.

After that, all eggs are lucky to get..some are quite valuable to sell, if strapped for coin..but mine are mostly kept to help friends.
eta: the Event eggs are different...some are used to craft pets (yes, only one of each pet per game) but you can use a bunch of the Easter eggs during the spring event. (to fulfill a quest, as an ingredient to craft a pet, etc)

Take a look at the crafting lab for parts needed for all pets.
Also, you might look at your achievement page. There is even an achievement for having so many pets. (and feeding them, etc. )

ps I love blonde jokes, lol

Edited on 03/13/2018 at 5:17:07 PM PST

amina046
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

[Post New]by amina046 on Mar 13, 18 8:06 PM
Thank you very much Susie?

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 13, 18 8:12 PM
There is an achievement (Egg-Centric) associated with winning pet eggs from the Fortune Wheel.....please be aware that the RED, BLUE, GREEN, GOLDEN event eggs are not considered pet eggs......they are required in multiples for crafting a pet.....only the single egg needed to craft a pet is considered a "pet" egg.

Sooooo, when you see one of the red, blue, green, and golden eggs on the Fortune Wheel.....don't waste a lot of spins trying to add to your achievement total (because they don't count).

Go to: