bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Fishdom 2

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 7, 10 1:06 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Fishdom 2? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Fishdom 2

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jul 7, 10 2:02 AM
The screen savers of Fishdom 1 are stunning ornaments of my computer. People look and enjoy the view.

The sequel is a hilarious add to my screen savers. Gorgeous graphics, beautiful fishies (almost like the fishies of this forum ), and hours of pleasant play.

Thanks developers! Thanks BF!

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Jul 7, 10 2:31 AM

Its here! Woohoo!

And of course I love it!

Fishdom was one of the very first games I ever bought and I play it nearly every day!

I am so excited to be able to start new tanks!

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jul 7, 10 3:39 AM
Sounds good, I've enjoyed all the Fishdom games and I've got a credit burning a hole in my cyber-pocket.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jul 7, 10 3:43 AM
I own every game in the Fishdom series, and just LOVE playing them all, I couldn't restrain myself, and purchased it as soon as it came out, from the developers website.
This one is the best one IMHO, the developers listened and gave us, different backgrounds to choose from, to decorate our fish tanks.
Also, there are hidden jewels, to search for, there is a mini for this, plus an added bonus beside the mini, is finding the hidden jewels, after completing each board, for added money.
I bought the CE, so I am just asuming the regular version, has the hidden jewels, inbetween rounds, also.
As always, there is a great selection of items to decorate with ..just love doing the decorating part, than you can take photo's of your favorite finished tanks.
Playrix always delivers top quality games, they have earned my trust, and they make AWESOME games, give this one ..out of 5 .
I would love to see another GARDENSCAPES, would buy in a heart beat, can you hear me developers .
I was very satisfied with F2 collectors edition, there was no way that I could have waited for it to come to BF, believe me I tried, but my compulsive gaming addiction, won in the end.
If you like M3 and have played any of the Fishdom games and liked them, than this is a MUST buy .
out, going to see what I can get myself into, probably spending more on more games..lol!!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 7, 10 4:20 AM
Very nice . Choice of relaxed or timed, choice of custom cursor or not. Found myself smiling while playing, so I think I like this one .

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Jul 7, 10 5:50 AM
I have Fishdom 2 Premium and found it is a great game and I like that after every 5 levels you can get a fish for your aquarium. It is definitely a great game. That will never end. I am over level 150.

_> From a site about the game

3 unique tanks to unlock: Ranch, Egypt, Merworld + 1 Bonus Vacation-themed aquarium
Unlimited number of aquariums to create
120 all-new utterly addictive levels + 30 mind-blowing Bonus levels
Fun hidden object mini-games
Fishipedia – fun facts about Fishdom sea creatures
Relaxing Soundtracks
Exclusive Wallpapers
Bonus Screensaver
Share pictures of your tanks with friends!

Now if I can add right. 120+30=150. I am over that. I don't think it has an end.

Genet1770
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Genet1770 on Jul 7, 10 6:20 AM
I love the Fishdom series, and what a pleasant surprise this one was to wake up to today! The customer service people at Playrix had told me that from then on (about two months ago), all their games would have the choice of timed or relaxed mode - YAY!!!! - so when I saw this one on the new release, first thing, I hied me over to the forum to check what all of you had to say about it, and now I'm off to buy it. Thanks all for your always helpful - and fast! - reviews!

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Jul 7, 10 8:31 AM
I was very surprised to find this game as a soft launch because I thought it would be a very popular game. Anyway, I was so happy to see it here finally, so thank you Bigfish.

I have all the Fishdom series and love them, so this one is a definite BUY for me. I like that you can collect jewels and gain extra new fish.

I am one happy fishie today

bansama
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by bansama on Jul 7, 10 8:38 AM
So is their a standard edition and a premium edition? The Playrix site only lists a Premium edition so it's a little difficult to compare with the information listed here (which to be honest, isn't all that useful when trying to compare game features).

Meisie84
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by Meisie84 on Jul 7, 10 8:46 AM
bansama, this release of July 7 is the standard one...thanks for the reviews fishies...I will most likely buy this as I have so enjoyed the other Fishdoms that I have...oh and I agree...another Gardenscapes would be GREAT!

lkwriter
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,914 Posts

[Post New]by lkwriter on Jul 7, 10 9:11 AM
I didn't think I was a M3 fan, but my hour trial of Fishdom 2 flew by so quickly, and I had so much fun with this. I especially appreciate the choice between timed or relaxed... I was going to hold off until August, but I may have to splurge with this one - a delight!!

owlgirl61
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by owlgirl61 on Jul 7, 10 11:10 AM
I have Fishdom, and have tried the others, so thought I'd try this. Deleted before hour up. The music is atrocious.

I don't see the point of playing once all the awards have been won, and I only play games on a timer, so shan't be wasting a credit on this.

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Jul 7, 10 12:04 PM
Just came up for air on this one with 6 minutes left on the demo. Yea! Fishdom is back! I played with a timer and I think you can switch back to untimed. But there is both timed and relaxed, it asks right at the beginning which you want to do. And there was a setence at the bottom about switching back later I think it said. There is the fill the aquarium part I loved and it looks like from the description there is unlimited tanks, wooo-hoooo! It took me an hour on timed to complete the bronze level of the first tank, and had the choice to switch tanks or go on to the silver level on this tank. There is a mini-game like a HOG scene to find jewels to earn another fish for the tank as a bonus and I didn't see a timer on it. Good ol' Fishdom is back, it's got some more good stuff added to it and I am off to find the punch card credit!!!

Edited on 07/07/2010 at 12:05:17 PM PST

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Jul 7, 10 12:57 PM
For those of us with Fishdom Obsessive-Compulsive disease (just one more level....just one more level...), it's nice to have some new items in the game.
This includes the M-3 creatures, the tank items to purchase, and the tanks themselves. I've always liked the timed version, even tho I've had to do some boards over 3 times; but for those who want totally relaxed play, there's now the untimed option. I've only played the original Fishdom, and there were a couple of things on this one that I had to get used to. The board and the squares are smaller and looked "minature" to me (this was in full screen mode), and the power-up bombs and the lightening blend in more, so they are more difficult to notice.
During the demo, I guess I became accustomed to this (Fishies gotta be adaptable!!). At the end, I like the change-ups from the 1st version, but I really really want that 4th tank in the premium edition!!

barregar
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,249 Posts

[Post New]by barregar on Jul 7, 10 6:52 PM
Hi alvertis5706:
I looked at the tanks in the game and it does show 3 tanks, but I noticed that there is also a fourth one which can only be purchased if you complete all the first 3 tanks complete with all the bronze, silver and gold cups, unless I am mistaken?
It does look like there are 4 tanks in the game and not just in the premium edition.

[Post New]by midnightmoose on Jul 7, 10 7:42 PM
I am so sad!! Hardly a day goes by that I don't play at least a few levels of the original Fishdom. I bought the first of the holiday editions without trying it for this reason and was dissappointed. The same reasons apply to Fishdom 2. While the background fills the screen of my computer, the actual playing space is barely more than half of the screen. I know that this enables more difficult layouts, but it made the gameplay unenjoyable to me as I had a hard time seeing the board. People with good eyes will probably be O.K., though.

I can't say anything about the music, as I never play my games with it on.

I enjoyed the new tanks in that it looks like there are more options for decorating them than in the original.

I liked finding the gems, but after completing the first search, I was rewarded with something I would not have bought ( it's creepy looking to me) and can't get rid of it!

Loved the untimed option, as that is the one thing I hated about the first one.

As I only played the trial, I can't say if you can skip any levels or not, which is something I would dearly love to do in Fishdom 1 as some of those layouts drive me batty!

poopysue
Shark
Shark
10,858 Posts

[Post New]by poopysue on Jul 8, 10 8:02 AM
Perfect fix for a Fishdom addict like me!

Doggy_lover
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by Doggy_lover on Jul 8, 10 8:58 AM
Let me start off by saying that this review is from the perspective of someone who has never played a Fishdom game before, who doesn't play match-3 games often and is rather picky when choosing them (When it gets to where "match-3" is its own genre, I really gotta wonder how hard the developers are trying to innovate ) I've played the game for 35 minutes or so.

All that being said, I really enjoy this game. One of the biggest turn-offs when it comes to M3s for me is when you breeze through a game board, there's only one tile left that needs to be broken, and you spend most of the level trying to break it. It doesn't feel challenging, it simply feels boring. This game doesn't make that mistake, or at least it hasn't for the amount of time I've been playing it.

Everything goes at a nice, fast pace and keeps me satisfied. There's plenty of power-ups. Earning money to purchase fish and decorate your tanks is a great incentive to keep going for "just one more level!" You can play timed or untimed. You earn bonus money when you play timed

The graphics are very pleasant and the animations are cute. The backgrounds are quite nice, too. The game is also very aurally pleasing with happy music and satisfying sounds.

There's plenty of nice additions to the game, such as the ability to take a picture of your tank and send it to someone through email while you're still in the game. There are also screensavers, and you can use your tank pictures as a desktop wallpaper. And there's a little gem-finding minigame every few levels that gives you a chance to earn a new fish.

Thumbs up from a picky player, thank you Playrix. I'll be purchasing this with my next credit.

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by dianaluna on Jul 8, 10 9:08 AM
You said it all Quarlesqueen--great review. I bought it & I love it. didn't like the Frosty Fishdom because the tanks were all the same & cost $2000 to boot, but this one is terrific!

Go to: