Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Parker & Lane Criminal Justice Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 13, 18 12:36 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 03/13/2018 at 9:11:14 AM PST

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Parker & Lane Criminal Justice Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Mar 13, 18 4:56 AM
If you play any of the infinite levels (located in the bottom-right of the map), you cannot go back to playing the regular levels again.

Edited on 03/13/2018 at 4:56:40 AM PST

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Parker & Lane Criminal Justice Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Mar 13, 18 5:00 AM
If you attempt to chain a group by clicking ahead, you will be interrupted by constant pop-up game windows. You will have to click them again.

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Parker & Lane Criminal Justice Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Mar 13, 18 5:01 AM
There are no difficulty settings like the other games in this series.
Just one setting: Very Hard.

Edited on 03/13/2018 at 5:02:35 AM PST

[Post New]by devondiamond on Mar 13, 18 5:05 AM
I am on level 4 or 5? The first office scene, but the fingerprint game freezes every time. It refuses to allow any of the appropriate clues to be clicked. My Father in Law was a fingerprint expert and even he couldn't get the game to accept a correct answer. Is this a known glitch please? Otherwise it looks like it might be a great game - if I can get beyong this level

gojojogo
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
465 Posts

[Post New]by gojojogo on Mar 13, 18 5:20 AM
devondiamond wrote:I am on level 4 or 5? The first office scene, but the fingerprint game freezes every time. It refuses to allow any of the appropriate clues to be clicked. My Father in Law was a fingerprint expert and even he couldn't get the game to accept a correct answer. Is this a known glitch please? Otherwise it looks like it might be a great game - if I can get beyong this level

Just checking that you know you have to slide the shapes from the left onto the fingerprint on the right?

LD3333
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by LD3333 on Mar 13, 18 5:23 AM
Game crashes with the following error: Access violation at 0x0055064D (tried to read from 0x0978C374), program terminated.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 13, 18 9:11 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

Tenmousers
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by Tenmousers on Mar 13, 18 9:49 AM
LD3333 wrote:Game crashes with the following error: Access violation at 0x0055064D (tried to read from 0x0978C374), program terminated.

Same here.

Edited on 03/13/2018 at 9:50:24 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 13, 18 11:50 AM
Hello Tenmousers,

I'm sorry to hear you've experienced an access violation as well. These generic errors can sometimes occur when a computer needs increased permissions. The help page below contains several troubleshooting suggestions as well as more information about access violations:

Access Violation

If the game still won't run after trying those suggestions, please contact our Technical Support Team for further assistance.

Thanks for your patience, and don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator if the need arises. We're here to help however we can.

bfgBeruna

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Mar 13, 18 12:40 PM
Tenmousers wrote:
LD3333 wrote:Game crashes with the following error: Access violation at 0x0055064D (tried to read from 0x0978C374), program terminated.

Same here.

I deleted the game and will try again later to see if this issue has been resolved.

Edited on 03/13/2018 at 12:42:02 PM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 13, 18 1:01 PM
Hello Sante001,

If you would prefer to replace Parker & Lane Criminal Justice Collector's Edition, please email our Technical Support Team. They'll help you ask quickly as possible.

When and if there is an update to fix this game, a member of the Moderation Team will announce it in this forum. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator if more questions arise. It's always a pleasure to provide help.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by highqueen41 on Mar 13, 18 10:50 PM
I tried to play this game on full screen, the game closes and stated that there is an error: Access violation and some numbers. The program is terminated

[Post New]by greeneyedkat2002 on Mar 14, 18 2:27 PM
hello thank you for your reply.. I'm on a lap top. The problem is in the game it self. When clicking on Full Screen mode.....in game only ..Have all games of Emily's games....Thank you! Looking for fix on game manager.....

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 14, 18 3:02 PM
Hi highqueen41 and greeneyedkat2002,

It sounds like is an access violation error coming up when playing in full screen mode. That can definitely be frustrating, and I'm sorry to hear it's been happening. Access violations are general errors that can have several different types of causes. The following help article has some tips for this sort of error, and I'm including another article about screen resolution just in case adjusting that will help the game display better in full-screen mode:

Access Violation
Screen Resolution

In case this doesn't resolve the issue, please contact our Technical Support Team to let them know. Our Moderators are also available to answer any questions, so feel free to PM one of us at any time. We'll be happy to help however we can.

bfgArinelle

airbrake
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by airbrake on Mar 14, 18 6:07 PM
Will not play in full screen on WIN7 Desktop. Windows crashes the game with Violation Error in Windows. The first time I downloaded the game it would crash just starting, again with a WIN Violation. Deleted the game, re-installed it a second time and it crashes when attempting to go through the games settings panel to play in Full Screen. Many others are having the same problem. Also, the discount for the game runs out tonight so I can kiss that goodbye. Almost all other Big Fish games in the last year I have downloaded have problems and there are updates issued within a week after the games are released.

Maybe it would be advisable for Big Fish to actually test their games before they release them. Technical Help is a joke as all they do is apologize, state that they hope others wont have a problem playing the game and offer a coupon for a new game that has time limitations on accepting the offer. They never address the issue with the game just push you off onto something else.

Maybe it's time to close my account and go elsewhere as I get the feeling Big Fish just doesn't care any more.

airbrake
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by airbrake on Mar 14, 18 6:19 PM
Additionally, I tried the suggestions offered by Big Fish and none of them work. MS tells me my Direct X is the latest version, screen resolution and font size are fine as it does not affect other games. Please fix the game so we don't have to chase our tails on our time and re-offer the discount for the game that will expire in approximately 5 - 6 hours before anyone even attempts to fix - but more importantly - DEBUG THE GAME BEFORE YOU ISSUE IT. As I stated prior, Technical Support does not address the issue they just offer a coupon for another game. This is not Technical Support, this is a Give-Away Marketing ploy that does not get to the issue at hand.

LD3333
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Parker & Lane Criminal Justice Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by LD3333 on Mar 14, 18 6:33 PM
The problem is not Big Fish Games testing their games. The problem is the developer is releasing untested games. I used to work in QA for a game developer and saw how they gave the green light to games which were not complete, just to make enough for their quarter. It is the developers who are responsible. They are the ones who are not listening or fixing the problems. Look at their previous title "Moms vs. Dads" that came out months ago. And it still freezes and crashes! If the creators did nothing to fix that one, do you really think they will be bothered with this one?
The version of this game is Feb 5, so I know it's the release version. And yet, there are some simple fixes they could do, like having difficulty settings again, something players have been requesting on all the sites. Big Fish Games responds and they do listen, but it's apparent the developers are not. It's easier for them to crank out another game in a series to make a profit than to fix the many ongoing problems that exist. They're banking on that familiar name recognition to sell their games. But the real question is, will you buy it? That is the best way of getting their attention.

Edited on 03/14/2018 at 6:46:22 PM PST

airbrake
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Parker & Lane Criminal Justice Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by airbrake on Mar 14, 18 6:57 PM
LD3333 wrote:The problem is not Big Fish Games testing their games. The problem is the developer is releasing untested games. I used to work in QA for a game developer and saw how they give the green light to games not complete just to make enough for their quarter. It's the developers who are the ones are not listening or fixing the problems. Look at the previous title "Moms vs. Dads" that came out months ago. And it still freezes and crashes! If the creators did nothing to fix that one, do you really think they will be bothered with this one?
The version of this game is Feb 5, so I know it's the release version. And yet, there are some simple fixes they could do, like having difficulty settings again, something players have been requesting on all the sites. Big Fish Games responds and they do listen, but it's apparent the developer don't. It's easier for them to crank out another game in the series to make a profit then fix the many ongoing problems that exist. Their banking on that familiar name recognition to sell this game. But the question is, will you buy it. That's the best way of getting their attention.

I understand but then Big Fish should go after the developer. We pay Big Fish, not the developer. What good do think it would do for the purchasers of these game to go after the developers? Big Fish holds the check and pays the bills. Big Fish has most of the responsibility here as they are the portal that offers the suppliers games.

I understand that some developers release games that are not tested thoroughly or that they know are not finished & de-bugged but my hammer is small compared to Big Fish's. Almost all the games that I and others have had problems with have never been fixed and are still offered. So Big Fish is listening? Big Fish is doing their job? Big Fish is providing adequate Technical support by offering a coupon and not going after the developer to fix their games? If the developer cannot be relied upon to provide a good working game then don't do business with them any longer and offer your customers a refund on the product. A replacement coupon is acceptable as long as the time limit to use said coupon is not one week considering the release time of games at times.

LD3333
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Parker & Lane Criminal Justice Collector's Edition

[Post New]by LD3333 on Mar 14, 18 11:07 PM
airbrake wrote:Almost all the games that I and others have had problems with have never been fixed and are still offered. So Big Fish is listening? Big Fish is doing their job? Big Fish is providing adequate Technical support by offering a coupon and not going after the developer to fix their games?

I believe Big Fish does listen and work hard at their jobs. They report the problems to the developers. But again, it's the developer, not Big Fish who has to fix their games.
There are many game sites and forums that report problems as well. Is it there fault that the developer can't or won't fix it? Big Fish is just one of many distributors who provide these games. Other than offer general technical support information, Big Fish provides replacement codes, which I think very generous.

Edited on 03/14/2018 at 11:09:59 PM PST

Go to: