Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

Not Disappointed

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Nov 1, 08 6:44 PM
I wasn't disappointed in the Redrum, as the other thread participants were. After playing the game in beta, I knew exactly what I was getting. And for the club price and a couple of hours of time... it was worth the purchase. I can't go to a movie for seven dollars. Let alone purchase a paperback book. So for me, this game had value.

Yes, it is a paranormal theme game with a macabre feel to it. I found the story was easy to follow and left open ended so that a sequel could be done. If the developers go that route. The graphics were not over the top but they fit the story and feel of the game quite nicely.

There's little replay in Redrum but with my CRS, I'll probably forget parts of it in six months. Replay makes the game even a better value.

This game should come with a warning just as BFG did. The subject matter can be too much for some people. But for me, it was perfect.

Psycho999
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Re:Not Disappointed

[Post New]by Psycho999 on Nov 1, 08 7:15 PM
sorry got to disagree, I all but finished the game in the demo, it was way to oshort too repetitive and too simple, I was just getting warmed up when it finished. wish someone had told me how short it was b4 I bought, like it'sbeen rushed out for Halloween. I bought it as a replacement for Casebook which didn't work and it just doesn't fit the bill. What a disappointment after a strong intro and good storyline, graphics were far outclassing the game. Come on BFG what happened to Value for money u usually give us??

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Nov 1, 08 7:39 PM
You made your point in the "disappointed thread", Psycho999. The intelligence of a gnat... sound familiar.

The length of a game is difficult to determine since no two players are alike. What may take you an hour might take another person two or three or more.

If you have genuine concerns about the game, how about some constructive criticism. And email those to the developer and publisher.

Edited on 11/01/2008 at 7:46:04 PM PST

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Nov 1, 08 7:41 PM
KBEAR2045 wrote:It does have good replay value and I do hope they have a sequel to it.

I hope there's a sequel to the game, too. With Rose just starting to control her "gift", it'd be interesting to see where the character goes.

The preview at Gamezebo did a nice write-up on the game. Have you had a chance to read that?

[Post New]by Commodore64 on Nov 2, 08 1:53 AM
Yep, me too I hope they do. I really like this game. It took me about 30 min. on the trial before I bought it. It's diffrence, clever story line and graphics is much easy to look at. This game is really "thinking outside of the box"

Masquerade32
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by Masquerade32 on Nov 2, 08 2:04 AM
As much as I dislike hidden object games, I really liked Redrum. Graphics could have been a little better, but this is the type of game I've been looking for for a long time.

It was actually the "Warning: not suitable for young players" that drew me in. I certainly needed a change of pace from the colorful and cutesy, and with that note Redrum delivered. The storyline followed some morbid and disturbing crimes. Me likey. The puzzles for a hidden object game actually aren't as hard as other games, probably because hints are fairly easy to find (usually two per puzzle, right?), and for gamers who don't like playing under pressure, a no-pentalty mode was just what the doctor ordered.

My favorite part had to be the refrigerator magnet anagrams. The solution almost always sent a chill up my spine.

While the gameplay did get a little repetative, and in general I don't like hidden object games, I recommed this game for those who need a good story and like a little morbid to their spooky games.

I'm also "not disappointed"

[Post New]by coolyintense on Nov 3, 08 12:00 AM
I just finished playing the demo, it was awesome. I'm actually afraid to uninstall it. I played other trial games (from different websites) and uninstalled them. I then downloaded it from Big Fish and when I went to play it; it just sat there. I did all the suggestions, but it just wouldn't play.

Candukay
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,319 Posts

[Post New]by Candukay on Mar 11, 09 12:10 AM
I happened to remember this game being released on a dark and stormy night...perfect time to test it out. I purchased it after the demo ran out and I am still playing it. I was hesitant at first, reading that the game play time is short. But I take my time with HO games and read through the story line. I find the replay value of most HO games to be limited anyway. This game has great graphics, and intriguing story line, and just enough of the creepy factor. This game is a keeper and I would suggest it to horror fans or people that will enjoy an "edge of your seat" type of game. I haven't finished it yet, so I'm not sure how long it is. But if you are only interested in clicking a bunch of objects as quickly as possible, this game is not for you. So sit back and enjoy the story!!!

[Post New]by parsimoniouskate on Apr 7, 09 7:17 AM
The storyline and concept were great, I thought - what disappointed me was how easy the searches were and therefore how short the game was overall. The replayability for me would be zero which equals bad value for money. It would, as is so often the case, have been nice to have some sort of indication of how much (or in this instance how little) meat there was in the game. If I'd have known I was going to get just 75 minutes out of it in total, I wouldn't have bothered purchasing it as the demo would have been quite enough to appreciate the 'differentness' of it.

That said, I would like to see a sequel, if it was considerably longer with HO puzzles that are up to the general standard of other popular HOG titles!

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Jun 11, 09 12:17 PM
With all of the discussion re: this game, I was hesitant. I am a very conservative person. But I loved the game. It has a dark nature, but it was fine. I did not think it was over the top. I thoroughly enjoyed the game, and I recommend it to others.

OnWI

Go to: