Very Dissappointed!

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

Very Dissappointed!

[Post New]by kkbodine on Jul 8, 10 4:35 AM
This game felt NOTHING like its predecessors. To me it shouldn't even have been included in the dream chronicles series. It was very boring and empty. No graphics that 'popped' out at you like the previous ones, just blah. What a serious waste. Deleting now.

cece2u45
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

Re:Very Dissappointed!

[Post New]by cece2u45 on Jul 8, 10 5:07 AM
I loved the other one's but played about 15 minute's and quit, it seemed boring to me, my question is, does it get better and is it even worth the $6.99 ?

psyche_
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by psyche_ on Jul 8, 10 5:21 AM
I must admit I was very disappointed too - I loved the other 3 so was really looking forward to this one. The third one is quite long and interesting whereas, this one ended very abruptly and without warning....I thought I was at the end of the chapter and about to start the next one and the credits came up! In addition, I didn't think the storyline 'gel' ed with the rest of the games, nor do I feel that the storyline of this one was even completed really.

I am extremely glad I didn't fork out for the collector's edition.

ramberny
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by ramberny on Jul 8, 10 5:30 AM
Thank you everyone for your input. I, too, enjoyed the previous games, but when I played the demo, it did not seem as good as the others. I also check the walkthrough for the number of chapters in a game and this looked very short. As a result, this probably will not be a buy for me.

TaxiMommi
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by TaxiMommi on Jul 8, 10 1:01 PM
What a disappointment and that's an understatement. The game had zero for a storyline and the complexity of the puzzle seemed like busy work, rather than mental challenges.

I loved the other Dream Chronicles, but honestly, this one was not anything like the others. Perhaps Big Fish is so into Collector's Editions (didn't buy) that they have lost the quality of the games we have come to love and play.

Sorry I wasted my money and time on this one.
Mary

beebopbetsy
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by beebopbetsy on Jul 8, 10 1:03 PM
Hello all of you and welcome to the pond!

I would like to thank you for your insightful reviews, as I was wondering if it was just me LOL

This one was easier in contrast to the last three, and I thought that would be a bonus..(I'm not very bright)...But simplicity doesn't always equal good entertainment value, and it is refreshing to see some honest reviews and comments, so thank you for that!

BlueOctober
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by BlueOctober on Jul 8, 10 1:22 PM
As much as I hate to admit it, because I'm a huge fan of DC...but this one stunk! Way too short and not nearly as entertaining. I finished it all in under 2 hours, without a single cheat or hint from the walk-thru. :o(

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on Jul 8, 10 1:55 PM
I agree with the title of this thread. I loved all the previous Dream Chronicle games but this was a huge let down. IThe mini games were boring..The (rock-fuel) game was fun the 1st couple of times but not over and over again. I hated all the clock gear games. The story was bland. The only good thing is that I didn't pay $20.00 for the collector version of the game.

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Jul 8, 10 2:19 PM
I've only played the demo so far and, based on the walkthrough I can see that the game is terribly short, though that's never as much of an issue for me as what the game is like.

And that is truly disappointing for me. Who is this girl with this strange accent and a storyline that has nothing to do with the first three chapters?

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jul 8, 10 2:41 PM
i'm not one to be included with the fans of this series as i really never felt connected with it... but this game felt like it should come with a notation that it was made children ages 6-10... i hated the narration, and moreso because i couldn't skip it most of the time...

i was really hoping that this one would be the one to hook me, but instead, i really just wish i hadn't bothered!

vitomojo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by vitomojo on Jul 8, 10 3:09 PM
This game was so short, it felt like I was just getting started on the game when it all ended. I really feel a little cheated out of my 6.99. The other games were much longer, much more varied with the puzzles. This one seems like the game developers just threw it out there unfinished either so they can make another ridiculously short continuation or because they got bored. I LOVED the other three and am pretty peeved that I wasted a game credit on this. Not happy. I would not recommend that anyone use up a credit on this since the one hour playthrough took me almost to the end of the game.

GABALE0204
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by GABALE0204 on Jul 8, 10 3:46 PM
As an owner of the 1st 3, i was very unhappy w/this game. The story, the mini games.....easy and boring. the game itself was too short, i think they should redo and reissue.....(free for those who expected more and bought it)

[Post New]by Chiemi on Jul 8, 10 4:07 PM
I couldn't believe how short the game was either. I, too, thought that it was the end of a chapter and the beginning of another chapter and then the credits came on. I'm really sorry I wasted my money buying this game.

fauxgina
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by fauxgina on Jul 9, 10 12:39 PM
divegal wrote:I've only played the demo so far and, based on the walkthrough I can see that the game is terribly short, though that's never as much of an issue for me as what the game is like.

And that is truly disappointing for me. Who is this girl with this strange accent and a storyline that has nothing to do with the first three chapters?

The girl is actually the daughter of the main character of the first three DC games (can't remember that name right now). At the end of "DC: The Chosen Child," Lyra was still a very young girl. Apparently we don't need to know what happened in the years in between the end of the last proper DC game and this poor excuse of a continuation of the series.

dregester
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by dregester on Jul 9, 10 2:07 PM
I haven't played the other three, and was really considering buying this one because I was enjoying the graphics, but then I went to the walkthrough and realized I had played over half the game. Maybe as a DD.

[Post New]by WeeHillyWilly on Jul 9, 10 4:02 PM
I have to agree it was a major let down in comparison to the other 3. What there was to the game, was OK, but there just wasn't enough of it.

[Post New]by wildcat010103 on Jul 10, 10 1:05 AM
I was really considering buying the game but thanks to all of your comments i will not.
I've played half the game already, doesn't get any better ?
I'll wait for next DC.
Thanks all !

[Post New]by harleybeatles55 on Jul 10, 10 2:19 AM
I wish I would have gone to this forum before I bought it... I usually do, but since the previous Dream Chronicles were challenging and enjoyable, I ASSUMED the next sequel would be good as well! Too short, abrupt ending, voice was annoying, yadda, yadda, yadda.

[Post New]by Tulipgirl77 on Jul 10, 10 3:46 AM
I absolutely agree, if you love the first three, and haven't bought this one yet - don't! I finished it in a couple of hours, and it was boring and easy, and way too short. The others were great, each one harder than the previous one. This one was a huge disappointment. I should have played the full 60 minute demo before paying for it - would have nearly finished it.

Should add - I really liked the previous three, some of my favourite games.

Edited on 07/10/2010 at 7:38:05 PM PST

[Post New]by julzt02 on Jul 10, 10 7:31 AM
Agreed... way too short. Do NOT buy this if you haven't already. This should have been a freebie along with another game.

Go to: