varetto123
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

Friends of Manxcat419

[Post New]by varetto123 on Mar 14, 18 1:48 AM
To all my dear friends. I am having to take an unexpected break from the game. My much adored elderly cat (the survivor of my twins who came with me from the UK to the US back in 2013) went to the vet today for what we thought would be a minor problem related to the pneumonia she had as a kitten that left scarring in her lungs. Instead, we found that she's in massive congestive heart failure - even the vet didn't suspect that until we saw the X-Rays. So she's currently hospitalized in a local ER clinic. If she makes it through this crisis, she will hopefully be home in a couple of days although she will be on meds for life and her prognosis is guarded. But I won't have time to log into the game at all for the next few days at least while I run between home and the ER to visit her. And should the worst happen, I may not be feeling up to returning for a few weeks. I will be back as soon as I am able. For now, I've taken down my wishlist and marked my game as "taking break".

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

Re:Friends of Manxcat419

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Mar 14, 18 6:06 AM
Oh no! I am so sorry your dear kitty is so ill. Of course, take all the time you need to be with your precious furbaby. That's much more important!

If I may suggest - when my beloved kitty was in the hospital getting blood transfusions, I took off the flannel shirt I was wearing & left it with him, with the Dr's permission, of course. It smelled like me & was comforting to him. Your kitty will be missing you as much as you miss your kitty. Something that smells like you would be comforting in the strange smells of the hospital.

I hope your kitty will be home with you soon. Sending to watch over you both. Take care.

DoubleMsMom
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by DoubleMsMom on Mar 14, 18 7:25 AM
Sending you my thoughts and prayers. As the "mom" to two cats I know how much they mean to us and how difficult it is to watch them go through something like this.

Take all the time you need, your MC family will be here when you return.

Tammy27

Aynasha
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by Aynasha on Mar 14, 18 8:55 AM
How sad. Be strong for her.

[Post New]by Susanna502 on Mar 14, 18 9:49 PM
Those visits to the pet ER are important for both of you. We understand you need to be with her. Hope for the best.

varetto123
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by varetto123 on Mar 14, 18 9:58 PM
Thank you all. They actually sent her home today, but that isn't good news - she's home because they can't really help her. They got some fluid off her chest and she's got a ton of supportive meds, but they're only giving her maybe a month at most. She has a very rare heart condition that is progressing rapidly - basically only 1/4 of her heart is working at all. I may pop in and out of the game depending on how she's doing, but I really just want to spend every minute I can with her while she's here.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Mar 14, 18 10:01 PM
She will appreciate your love and care. It is so sad when you know you are going to have to say goodbye. Your game friends will be waiting for you and the MC community will be thinking of you.

DoubleMsMom
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by DoubleMsMom on Mar 14, 18 11:47 PM
Thank you for the update. I'm sorry that you and your cat having to go through this difficult time. Several years ago I had to say goodbye to my 19 yr old cat after he had health issues so I know what you are going through. The best you can do is just be there for her and make her feel as loved and comfortable as possible. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Tammy27

Edited on 03/14/2018 at 11:52:01 PM PST

plduncan
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by plduncan on Mar 15, 18 9:41 AM
My heart goes out to you during this very difficult time. MC will be here when you are ready.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 15, 18 11:56 AM
Hi varetto123,

I'm so sorry to hear about what's happening with your precious fur baby. On behalf of the Moderator team, I want to extend our sympathies. We're sending lots of good thoughts your way during this difficult time. Midnight Castle and all of your friends will be waiting if/when you next feel up to exploring the castle.

bfgArinelle

varetto123
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by varetto123 on Mar 15, 18 10:18 PM
Thank you all so very much. She's back in the hospital tonight - one of her new meds dropped her blood pressure too far, so they have her overnight for monitoring. Hopefully she'll be coming home again tomorrow on a reduced dose. And if she's feeling cuddly, I might be able to get an hour or two in the castle with her curled up on my lap. As I have to take the day off work anyway, I'm going to enjoy the time with her.

Angeli64
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Angeli64 on Mar 15, 18 10:44 PM

/Angeli

varetto123
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by varetto123 on Mar 19, 18 8:34 PM
Well, my baby finally came home this morning. The adverse reaction to the meds (although the ER say it's not the meds, it's just her) has taken ages to wear off. She's finally mostly safe...though we do have a BP monitor arriving Wednesday morning so we can check her ourselves at home. I may finally make it into the castle for short periods this week - we've spent most of the week making the hour and a bit drive (each way) to and from the ER to visit her. Today, I'm just chilling with her...we've been napping and watching movies since we got her home.

Katijay
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by Katijay on Mar 19, 18 8:47 PM
Enjoy your baby while you can....I lost my 17 year old Buddy last September and still miss him, but not ready to get another. I have the ashes of him and his brother Joey who passed at 10....prayers...

varetto123
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by varetto123 on Mar 19, 18 8:56 PM
Katijay wrote:Enjoy your baby while you can....I lost my 17 year old Buddy last September and still miss him, but not ready to get another. I have the ashes of him and his brother Joey who passed at 10....prayers...

I'm so sorry to hear about Buddy and Joey. Losing them really is the hardest thing. We lost Regan's twin, Rosa, in August 2016 at just 13 years old. Right now, Regan still very much wants to live - she's fought so very hard over the last few days to overcome the bad reaction she had. It really is a bit of a miracle that she's home at all. So, yes, we're making sure we enjoy every minute with her.

Go to: