Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

Great game!

[Post New]by Sprattie on Mar 14, 18 5:00 PM
I've put about 7 1/2 to 8 hours into this game and have not even finished yet. It's one of the best games I've played in years. The story line is somewhat understandable, and although I'm not the least bit interested in the demon/monster/evil being aspect (done to death and boring as earwax at this point) the characters are interesting. Game play is fairly logical and there are so, so many locations to deal with that it's actually fun to try and remember where things go and why. Graphics are clear and settings are interesting and occasionally quite different from the norm. The HOPs are varied and sometimes interactive, and the puzzles are challenging and not old hat. This game was purchased with a free code but would have been worth every nickel at full price. I've really enjoyed this one, Orchid devs, and am looking forward to another great game just like it.

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

Re:Great game!

[Post New]by Sprattie on Mar 30, 18 1:46 PM
I've just finished the game after approximately 14 hours and it was absolutely the best. Intuitive game play, good graphics and absolutely beautiful music by Michal Ratkowski. I got all the achievements except for the mistletoe twig one - found 68 out of 70, with no option to go back and find the last 2, but that's a small quibble. This is a collector's edition-sized game (no bonus game, just many extra hours of play) that doesn't insult my intelligence. The HOPs were interesting in that the collectibles (tangram tiles and mistletoe twigs) were hidden in some of them as well as in the HOPs and larger scenery. No extras at all but that wasn't a problem for me as I never bother with wallpapers or videos. The music would have been a bonus though!

Go to: