nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

A Note To The Mods

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Mar 14, 18 11:32 PM
There's such a thing as over-moderating. I understand the need to keep order, & that you have a thankless job at times. That said, too much moderation = a dead forum that people will be less & less likely to participate in. Just my two cents (which I'm willing to contribute to the group fund, in hopes that one day, we'll have enough between us to buy a cup of ).

*posted in response to seeing Old_Man_River's comment deleted from the review thread*

ETA: I'm not judging...I'm just saying.

Edited on 03/15/2018 at 12:16:36 AM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:A Note To The Mods

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 15, 18 9:46 AM
I agree with you

As a member of assorted forums for the past 15 years I do appreciate that this place isn't the internet jungle many other sites are; reading comments and posts elsewhere makes me ashamed to be human sometimes. With that said, it seems like any time a lively discussion is going on or someone tries to bring up something even semi-controversial the thread gets locked quickly.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:A Note To The Mods

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 15, 18 10:08 AM
Hi Everyone,

Our Moderator team invites polite discourse between players. When that discourse becomes of an inflammatory nature, one of our Moderators will step in to remind everyone to abide by the Forum Rules while posting, Our guidelines for the Reviews thread also clearly state that we can and will remove content from the thread that is not a review. In case it helps, here are reminders of those rules and guidelines:

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

We try whenever possible to give our players the chance to edit their own posts when one has been found to go against the rules and guidelines for the forum. Sometimes, however, it's necessary to step in and try to prevent a discussion from becoming a non-constructive argument. This helps keep the forums a place for constructive, respectful conversation.

I do want to quickly remind our players of another one of our Forum Rules:

Do not discuss moderator disciplinary actions. Moderators will not discuss actions and ask that you do not either. Posts that contain this information will be removed and may incur further disciplinary action.

Our Moderator team must apply the rules equally to all of our players, so I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. We're always happy to discuss questions or concerns our players may have, and we encourage sending a to PM one of our Moderators when such situations arise. We'll be happy to address those concerns and provide any answers we can. Thank you, everyone, for your time and understanding.

bfgArinelle

Go to: