Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: Return of the Salt Princess Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 15, 18 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 03/15/2018 at 7:26:17 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: Return of the Salt Princess Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 15, 18 7:26 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: Return of the Salt Princess Collector's Edition

[Post New]by lucilu2012 on Mar 15, 18 8:29 AM
I am stuck on Chapter 2 when I need to cross over the bridge to get to the princess ... on the Strategy Guide is says to use the sickle but I don't see how. Can someone help?

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: Return of the Salt Princess Collector's Editio

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Mar 15, 18 8:49 AM
lucilu2012 wrote:I am stuck on Chapter 2 when I need to cross over the bridge to get to the princess ... on the Strategy Guide is says to use the sickle but I don't see how. Can someone help?

The sickle is used to the right, it's not a zoom zone but you simply place the sickle on the roots or whatever they are.

[Post New]by LADYofHALE on Mar 15, 18 9:53 AM
having issues after initial download. When virtual villagers launches I am missing half of the screen.

trolde
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by trolde on Mar 15, 18 10:26 AM
Is it only me ???
When i go in the eksras and will look at which archivement i can earn, i push and push but nothing happend.
Its the same when i try to use the map i try to use it to travel to another place but it stay on the same spot and can only walk back and try to find the right spot.
Is it me or has other the same problem.
Maybe its a glitz i dont know but it is realy anoing

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 15, 18 4:02 PM
Hello LADYofHALE and trolde,

I'm swimming by to provide some help. It sounds like you've encountered a display glitch and a progression block respectively (and in different games).

Let's begin by checking to see whether the computer's video card driver is up to date. This driver is responsible for directing how graphics are displayed, and its developers regularly release new versions to ensure that the game continues running smoothly.

Please see the following help page more further instructions:

It would also be a good idea to run this game with administrator permissions. This will ensure the game can access all of the resources it needs. I've included a help page with those instructions below as well:

Please email our Technical Support Team if the troubles persist. Thank you so much for your patience. If new questions arise, you can also PM me or another moderator. We're here to help as well.

bfgBeruna

hogfan
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by hogfan on Mar 15, 18 4:16 PM
Trolde, others in the reviews stated the map only shows where you are, it does not transport. Also, achievements can be seen after you purchase game.

Staril
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: Return of the Salt Princess Collector's Editio

[Post New]by Staril on Mar 17, 18 1:53 AM
I'm totally stuck. I need to pick up the apple but nothing happens when I click on it, even the hint button has no idea of what I should do. I could pick up the bird at the same scene with no issue. I exited the game and tried to go back in ... I know that sometimes works ... but it now says that my game profile is corrupt and I need to start a new game.

Not happy at all with this.

Windows 10 on a new PC.

Edit to say that I tried again. This time the first 2 items in my inventory were invisible ... they both were plus items. I restarted the game and all is OK at the moment but I can't say that I trust it

Edited on 03/17/2018 at 5:14:05 AM PST

[Post New]by Eugenia47 on Mar 17, 18 12:04 PM
I have played the demo, and I bought the game, but it won't install, says I have no internet connection? I can download the demo, but not the full game. This has never happened to me. I have all the Dark Parables games

codom
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: Return of the Salt Princess Collector's Edit

[Post New]by codom on Mar 18, 18 9:12 AM
Chapter 3 Bug - The game will not allow the bishop to be placed on the chess board and the game is at a standstill now.

Update - After closing the game and restarting, I can place the Bishop...however, I'd still call this a bug that's gonna frustrate folks.

Edited on 03/18/2018 at 9:15:32 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 18, 18 2:16 PM
Hi Everyone,

It sounds like there have been some progression issues that our players have found workarounds for by restarting the game. That's great news! If something like that comes up again, restarting the game is a great idea, and the following troubleshooting tips may also help out:

Video Driver Updates

As for the installation issue, Eugenia47, it's possible that another program is interfering with the installation process, or the Big Fish Games app just may need to try accessing the internet in a different way. The following article has some great steps to try out when things go wrong while installing a game:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If these tips do not resolve the described issues, please let our Technical Support Team know. Our Moderators are also available by PM, so feel free to message us with any questions or concerns. We're always happy to do our best to help.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by lindaloo27 on Mar 18, 18 6:43 PM
Hi - I am on a Mac and played the first part of the game successfully. I am now playing the bonus game and right as I got to page 4 of the guide, it won't let me progress. It says I have to talk to the King and the little speaking bubble pops up but no words, and when I click hint, it says "time to move on" but there is nowhere else to go. The guide says to speak to the king but nothing happens and now I cannot finish the game. I deleted the game and re-downloaded it but it still doesn't work. Please help - thank you.

cindybuns
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

Re:TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: Return of the Salt Princess Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by cindybuns on Mar 19, 18 1:59 PM
I've finished the game and then tried to play the bonus game; it is still locked and will not let me play it. I exited out of the game went back into it and it returns me back to the last movie cut scene I let it play out and it still will not let me play the bonus game. What gives?

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 20, 18 11:03 AM
Hello lindaloo27 and cindybuns,

I'm swimming over as quickly as I can to provide some troubleshooting help.

lindaloo27: I'd recommend following the instructions in the following help article, especially the suggestions of which software programs to update. This will hopefully allow you to navigate the strategy guide for Dark Parables: Return of the Salt Princess Collector's Edition more easily.

Mac Game Troubleshooting

cindybuns: The suggestions in the help articles below should help fix the progression block you've encountered in the game's bonus chapter. The processes will improve Dark Parables: Return of the Salt Princess Collector's Edition's relationship with the computer.

Please email our Technical Support Team if any further questions arise. They'll be happy to replace the game for you.

You're also always welcome to PM me or another moderator in the future. We're here to listen and to help.

bfgBeruna

Staril
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by Staril on Mar 20, 18 12:52 PM
Restarting the game sort of worked but the morphing objects were missing , at least the ones I had found before. It then gave me 1/20 when I found another one. I'm really not interested enough in the game to delete it and start again from scratch

[Post New]by phenix2176 on Mar 20, 18 10:26 PM
In chapter 6, I can't combine the pestle with the sulfur that is already inside the bomb. Could you check it out please.

MONKEY RUNE

[Post New]by Sunflower3668 on Mar 21, 18 5:46 PM
Hi BFG

I have finished the first part of the game, and now playing the bonus.

I have got as far as the roof. In my inventory I have Monkey Rune, and the insignia that is need there.

I have put three of the Runes in theirs places, but the Monkey Rune will not engage.

I look at the map and the only thing I have to do is melt the Ice and insert the insignia.

I have come out of the game, and gone in again, but still cant use it.!!

I have so been looking forward to playing the game as I Beta Tested it, and now I cannot finish it.

I have done all the usual thing to clear it.

Please reply, as soon as possible

Playing on PC
Windows 7

Regards
Sunflower3668

Edited on 03/22/2018 at 6:53:14 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 25, 18 2:49 PM
Hi Everyone,

It sounds like there have been some problems progressing in the game. Our Moderator team generally doesn't have direct experience with completing puzzles, so tips or tricks aren't readily available to us. What I can do, though, is offer some troubleshooting advice in case there's a technical issue behind the trouble.

For progression issues, our troubleshooting focuses on improving the way the game and computer interact by providing additional resources to the game. This can often help get things moving forward again. The following help articles have some steps to try to complete this goal:

Video Driver Updates

Progression issues can also be caused by something going wrong with the save file for the game. In those instances, our best recourse is starting up a new profile and playing up to the point where the issue was encountered. This often will allow things to move ahead smoothly.

If none of the above resolves the issue, please contact our Technical Support Team so they can help us collect useful data; they can also provide a replacement game when appropriate. You can also PM one of our Moderators with questions or concerns. We're always glad to help.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by Lemontree119 on Mar 28, 18 9:14 PM
I was fully enjoying playing this game but became too tired to continue. I tried to quit by hitting options in order to find the main menu and quit but the options box would not open and I was only able to exit the game using the escape button. I have Windows 10 on a Samsung PC. Has anyone else had this problem. I restarted the game to see if I had fixed the problem but still had to use the escape button again to exit as Options won't open.

Go to: