Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Parables: Return of the Salt Princess Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 15, 18 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/15/2018 at 7:25:33 AM PST

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Parables: Return of the Salt Princess Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Mar 15, 18 1:15 AM
I played the beta for this game, & found it to be substandard to the point that I won't be playing the demo. People have been clamoring for Blue Tea to take this series back; well, they have, w/ Eipix's backing, SANS the triggered "cursed objects" that were so integral to the the original series (they now appear just the same as the morphs you will see in any other game, w/ no triggering event required). Add to that the inability to customize, the mostly useless map, & substandard graphics, & I'm effectively dealt out.

This game should appeal to those who think Eipix stole this series from BT, & gave them the shaft in the process.

If Blue Tea now wants to return to putting it's stamp on a series it dumped years ago, I think that's great, & support Eipix in supporting them in doing so. But please rejoin the state of gaming as it currently exists in the process. Invest some of that money you made on f2p games. And bring back the triggered cursed objects. Just sayin'.

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Parables: Return of the Salt Princess Collector's Editio

[Post New]by nanafraser on Mar 15, 18 1:37 AM
"Blue Tea" wasn't that good before now that Epix took it over lets just say its really not my cup of tea "Blue Tea"!!! I did purchase it ( I know that sounds hypocritical) but I need a new game & had the sale price "SAVE" That worked for me! I like fairy tale like games & am hoping this will turn out better then it is so far! Ill see! But nextgengranny is right on w/ her forum! FYI You cant jump from one location to another on the map! You can see were you have to go next but you manually have to travel there! Yuck, how archaic!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know Epix has gotten involved W/ there sayings like I guess I should move along when your in a scene were theirs nothing that can be done! Why doesn't Epix read the forums & listen to the fishes!

Edited on 03/15/2018 at 2:40:17 AM PST

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Parables: Return of the Salt Princess Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Mar 15, 18 1:55 AM
Hey, nanafraser! True, Blue Tea, not Eipix, developed this game. Eipix appears to have acted as the publisher, though I can't swear to that.

Hope you enjoy it! We all need some & s everyday, to leaven the & the . Sincerely, nextgen

Anged
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by Anged on Mar 15, 18 3:31 AM
I love this series and will purchase this game.

Debnfla
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

[Post New]by Debnfla on Mar 15, 18 3:41 AM
I too love this series and will purchase this game also.

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Mar 15, 18 4:08 AM
I was so excited to see a new Dark Parables coming out. And then I played the demo. This doesn't even hold a candle to the wonderful Dark Parables series that I know and love. Very crude and simplistic. Cartoony. The only thing that mirrored the previous Dark Parable games were the HOS. That's it. And even those were more crude than the elaborate HOS from the previous Dark Parable games. The rest of it sucked. Sorry to use that word, but nothing else comes to mind. The puzzles were dumb enough to actually be borderline irritating, and I skipped a couple. For those who love the Dark Parable series, you will easily recognize that this is sub-par. I wouldn't even get this game if I had a free one coming to me. 75% of the things that have a magnifying glass icon, you can't even zoom in on. The map does nothing except mark where you have something to do, you can't use it to travel. I ended up spending all the demo time just trying to click on things. You know when you have a magnifier icon, it usually means MAGNIFY. Duh. Not so in this game. When dialogue happens, you have to either hit the Continue button, or click directly on the dialogue. I'm so disappointed as I love the series so much. But this game would need a major overhaul before I would get it. I see others here who have commented that another developer took this from the Blue Tea games. And that makes sense now, because it just doesn't compare.

greenshade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by greenshade on Mar 15, 18 5:46 AM
AM IN LOVE with this game!!!!!! I love the fact that it IS old school Blue Tea. I adore the FROGS (the fragmented hidden objects), the artwork, the storyline, the nod to previous cases..... even the map is old school and not transportable.

I have tor read everything because there isn't always a magnifier to tell you something needs to be done there, but the description will.

While older Blue Tea Dark Parables could be 9 or 10 chapters long I will be satisfied with the 6 plus bonus.

Played the beta, a few minutes of the demo and now I wait for a good sale to appease my budget.

BLUE TEA HEAVEN here!

lifetree
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Parables: Return of the Salt Princess Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by lifetree on Mar 15, 18 5:53 AM
The magnify button is useless, it causes misclicks so much that I don't even know why they put it in the first place. Also I really don't like that there is no Custom difficulty. I tried playing but it lasted a full 3 minutes, now I'm uninstalling. Sorry to the developers, it seems you worked a lot, from the look of the graphics and everything, but these two things are deal breakers for me. A pity, because they would've been so easy to include in the game.

Edited on 03/15/2018 at 5:54:47 AM PST

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Parables: Return of the Salt Princess Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Mar 15, 18 6:54 AM
Well, I just threw my hat into the ring. I had to decide if I wanted to use the trial data or just get it. I just used my saved two credits from being a BFG member. So I saved the data I would have used on the trial toward something else. It's a gamble. Come what may.

My favorite being the Rise of the Snow Queen next Curse of Briar Rose, The Exiled Prince, The Red Riding Hood Sisters, The Final Cinderella and The Little Mermaid and The Purple Tide. I also liked the last three in the series. Now I have to decide if I want to finish Wanderlust or start this one.

I'm on Chapter 3 and I'm Loving it. I can't wait to hear what others think of this game once they totally finish it!

Edited on 03/15/2018 at 12:19:42 PM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 15, 18 7:25 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Dark Parables: Return of the Salt Princess Collector's Edition! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Dark Parables: Return of the Salt Princess Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Parables: Return of the Salt Princess Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by jennsmom on Mar 15, 18 7:36 AM
I liked the way it looked when I started the demo, and thought it very reminiscent of the first Dark Parables games, but I'm glad I decided to play for a while. The first little story with the princess and the golden ball did me in. I couldn't figure out what to do without looking at the SG. No thanks. I realize that may be just me being dense, but if I need to consult the SG to figure out a puzzle that early in the game, it is not for me. Too bad.

leacraw
Shark
Shark
14,048 Posts

[Post New]by leacraw on Mar 15, 18 8:23 AM
No custom option, no accessing the collectibles/morphs etc unless you buy the full version and the magnifying glass usually doesn't allow a closer look if there isn't something to do there. For me, that's a full 3 strikes and a no-buy.
As always, try for yourself.
Happy gaming,
lea

LD3333
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by LD3333 on Mar 15, 18 8:40 AM
Is it my imagination, or did they reuse all the backgrounds from the first game?

FunIt
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Parables: Return of the Salt Princess Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by FunIt on Mar 15, 18 9:25 AM
leacraw wrote:No custom option, no accessing the collectibles/morphs etc unless you buy the full version and the magnifying glass usually doesn't allow a closer look if there isn't something to do there. For me, that's a full 3 strikes and a no-buy.
As always, try for yourself.
Happy gaming,
lea

All of the above, plus the useless map and the terrible "dialogues" with the stupid voices = no buy. I have 2 membership credits waiting, so I could get the game "for free" but that game just is not worth it.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Mar 15, 18 9:31 AM
Played a few minutes, quit.

No buy!

I had to use a stick to move some rocks off the magic girl person. After she was freed she magically cleared the entire pile of rocks away. This isn't fantasy it's foolishness.

Silly, and boringly repetitive.

Abs

catathang
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by catathang on Mar 15, 18 9:44 AM
Dark Parables WAS the best for games, until Eipix got involved. I don't want to go there right now . I think the best thing for Blue Teas right now is to clean house and get those wonderful games back.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Mar 15, 18 9:55 AM
I bought this game before playing the demo, because I was confident that Blue Tea would return Dark Parables to its former glory. Well after two chapters, I'm wondering if Eipix was holding back the reins?

The biggest disappointment I have with this game, isn't with the lack of a custom mode or a jump map feature, it's because of the lack of non-linear morphs that are triggered by another action in a different scene. That was the one and only feature that made Blue Tea and Dark Parables stand out from the crowd, so why bother to take the reins back?

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Mar 15, 18 10:14 AM
The other posters have done a great group of reviews, and there is no sense in my echoing their opinions. I will wait for the SE version, a BOGO on the CE games, or a 65% off sale.
Just wasn't done to the CE standards on which I have come to expect.

Foxy57
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Parables: Return of the Salt Princess Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by Foxy57 on Mar 15, 18 10:39 AM
I played 7 minutes and could not get out fast enough.. The graphics are very very old school, you cannot travel with the map et navigating through the game is laborious and frustrating. When I play/buy a game, I expect it to be up to date in the new technology, not backward. You can't customize the difficulty of the game. Now, how old is this ???

Play it for yourself and see, but don't set your expectations too high...

Edited on 03/15/2018 at 10:42:28 AM PST

Go to: