cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

would love to know ----

[Post New]by cbtx on Mar 15, 18 1:20 AM
---- how it is possible for a review to be posted on the store page (of novella length, at that) 15 minutes after the game is offered for sale. Looks like a shill to me.

ref4

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

Re:would love to know ----

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Mar 15, 18 1:24 AM
Naw, just got it on the early release.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Mar 15, 18 1:31 AM
nextgengranny wrote:Naw, just got it on the early release.

How? Where?

ref3

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Mar 15, 18 1:38 AM
There are those who track the "building" of a game on a site; I have no idea how. Once a game is "built" in it's entirety, anyone can download the game at that point, regardless of it not having been officially offered by the site, so long as they have the ability to access it. Access is provided via the release of what I assume is a file for the game...? (I'm not very tech, so I'm cloudy as to the particulars.)

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Mar 15, 18 2:39 AM
Well, now I know.

I never really put much stock in the store page reviews, anyway. I much prefer reviews based on demos here in the forums.
Full game reviews are useless to me ---- seems like those are more about spoilers, tooting their own horns, and too long winded.

Thanks for the info!!

ref2

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Mar 15, 18 3:09 AM
You're welcome, it's all good.

janedoe20
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by janedoe20 on Mar 15, 18 6:17 AM
Here's a hint how it's done From the review itself:

SPOILER: HERE IS A SAMPLE OF THE PUZZLES AFTER THE DEMO:

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 15, 18 7:43 AM
Hi Everyone,

We appreciate players' curiosity in regards to this subject, but we do ask that our players remain respectful of one another. The following from the Forum Rules is particularly important to keep in mind in this case:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

One thing I want to reassure is that no reviewer is either an employee of Big Fish Games or receives any sort of pay/kickback from Big Fish Games for a review. We welcome players' concerns, and our Moderator team will be happy to discuss the subject by PM.

Due to the nature of this thread and the comments made within it, I'm going to go ahead and lock it. Thank you for your understanding and for helping us keep the forums a respect place for all of our users.

bfgArinelle

Go to: