bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

Post any A Gypsy's Tale: The Tower of Secrets technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Jul 8, 10 5:16 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved.

If you're experiencing glitchyness, slowness, or trouble displaying the game, the following help article has helped resolve common display issues in the past.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 08/12/2010 at 5:01:45 PM PST

gmes4me
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Post any A Gypsy's Tale: The Tower of Secrets technical issues here only

[Post New]by gmes4me on Jul 8, 10 6:43 PM
I was finishing the puzzles to get the wand from Isabelle's mother when I received a runtime DLL error and the game crashed. I restarted the game but now i am stuck in the secret tower. Both Isabelle and Hepmortula are there, Isabelle advises me to step back and then nothing. I can bring up a hint but not the map and nothing happens. I can see my tools but can not scroll through them. I have just reinstalled the game but I still have the same problem. Also, I did try to do a manual update to get the new version but it came back saying that no game updates were found so I just uninstalled it and downloaded the game again to reinstall it.

[Post New]by bibbster2 on Jul 10, 10 10:49 AM
I just purchased this game but when I try to install it I get a NSIS Error message: The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete. This could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed download, or a virus. You may want to contact the author of this installer to obtain a new copy. It may be possible to skip this check using the /NCRC command line switch. (NOT RECOMMENDED)

I get this message whether I try to download from BFG or from the confirmation email. What can I do?

agf8623
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by agf8623 on Jul 10, 10 11:20 AM
bibbster2 wrote:I just purchased this game but when I try to install it I get a NSIS Error message: The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete. This could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed download, or a virus. You may want to contact the author of this installer to obtain a new copy. It may be possible to skip this check using the /NCRC command line switch. (NOT RECOMMENDED)

I get this message whether I try to download from BFG or from the confirmation email. What can I do?

You should contact BFG customer support. They'll help you fix this.

agf8623
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by agf8623 on Jul 10, 10 11:23 AM
gmes4me wrote:I was finishing the puzzles to get the wand from Isabelle's mother when I received a runtime DLL error and the game crashed. I restarted the game but now i am stuck in the secret tower. Both Isabelle and Hepmortula are there, Isabelle advises me to step back and then nothing. I can bring up a hint but not the map and nothing happens. I can see my tools but can not scroll through them. I have just reinstalled the game but I still have the same problem. Also, I did try to do a manual update to get the new version but it came back saying that no game updates were found so I just uninstalled it and downloaded the game again to reinstall it.

The new version that was released on July 8 fixes the problem you have above, but it won't fix a corrupt save game file that happened in an earlier version.

gmes4me
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by gmes4me on Jul 10, 10 12:11 PM
Oh no, I was afraid that would be the case. I can't believe that I have to start all over again to finish. This is the second game in the past few weeks that I've had to play twice just to see the very end. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH. But thanks for the reply anyway.

[Post New]by jadedvixen on Jul 12, 10 5:45 AM
I just downloaded the game but when I go to enter my name to start playing it keeps popping up "error 76 path not found". What do I do now? Please help!

Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by 070650 on Jul 17, 10 5:18 PM
It is taken forever ,and a day to finish watering the seeds in the garden,plus I can't do anything with my curser until they are done.it was a fun game until this came up,is there any solution to this.?

rahdaisy
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by rahdaisy on Jul 18, 10 4:19 PM
I'm trying to plant the seeds in the vegetable garden. I can plant everything but the tomato seeds. Where the diagram says the tomato seeds are supposed to go, I can only put the zucchini seeds there. All the other seeds go in the right place except the tomato seeds (which I can't put in the zucchini space either).

Does anyone else have this problem. Can't continue this game until this is resolved.

By the way, I've uninstalled and reinstalled and played under another name.

Edited on 07/18/2010 at 4:20:30 PM PST

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jul 19, 10 3:06 PM
070650 - you need to actually click on the vegetable beds with the watering can to water the plants. Click on each vegetable you planted - the soil should turn darker when it's watered.

rahdaisy - hmmm, are you sure you're clikcing in the right place? The zucchini goes into the round pot, the tomatoes go on the sticks left of the pot.

[Post New]by lovecountry on Jul 28, 10 7:53 AM
hi, hope some one can help, have been trying to download gypsy's tale but, i too keep getting error 76 path not found . have no ideal what this is. Thanks for any help you can give me.

[Post New]by Zoraline on Aug 7, 10 11:00 AM
I am with deer and Squirrel in the garden. They don´t eat and my game is stuck. I can´t do anything anymore. Just alt+ctr+esc. Help?

Wrazzled
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by Wrazzled on Aug 7, 10 11:52 AM
I am playing the Mac Version of the demo, and just had the game freeze in an early garden scene, right before gathering the seeds. I had to force quit the game.

When I re-entered the demo, my progress had been saved and I was able to move on. Fine, except another Mac poster here in the All Game Forums has also had a freezing glitch that seems to have stopped progress on the game (I can't say as I haven't gotten that far).

I am using a fully updated iMac, Intel, running 10.5.8.

I was wondering if the glitch came about because I did not find all 3 items that needed to be put into the ---pop up thing--- closed it out after finding only 2 and then the game froze.

Edited on 08/07/2010 at 11:52:42 AM PST

Svipper
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Svipper on Aug 7, 10 12:01 PM
Zoraline wrote:I am with deer and Squirrel in the garden. They don´t eat and my game is stuck. I can´t do anything anymore. Just alt+ctr+esc. Help?

Same here.. I started over a few times but it didn´t help. I´m trying to uninstall the game and download it again, that might work..

[Post New]by liloukotek on Aug 7, 10 12:14 PM
Svipper wrote:
Zoraline wrote:I am with deer and Squirrel in the garden. They don´t eat and my game is stuck. I can´t do anything anymore. Just alt+ctr+esc. Help?

Same here.. I started over a few times but it didn´t help. I´m trying to uninstall the game and download it again, that might work..

I'm also stuck at the same point. Is it a problem with the game itself? I tried to uninstall it several time and start from the beginning but it still froze with the deer and squirrel.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 7, 10 12:32 PM
Hey Fishies,

It looks like some of you are having trouble getting past the deer and squirrel portion of the game. According to the walkthrough:

# When the Gnome leaves, take the Nut from your inventory and place it into the Trap.

# Wait for the Squirrel to come down for the Nut, and then click on the Trap to collect it.

# Return to the Orchard. The Squirrel and Deer appear eating fruit and nuts in the Orchard.

# After the Squirrel and Deer are released, wait for them to clear away the nuts and apples scattered over the ground.

# Click on the Rake and complete the Hidden Object Puzzle.

If you believe the game is experiencing tech issues, it may be best to write into Tech Support (be sure to include any troubleshooting steps you've been able to take) by clicking on the green envelope to the right.

The following help article is also very informative with any game freezing issues:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

Stuck with that Muse of Writing/Gazebo/Quill problem

[Post New]by alexakaruda on Aug 7, 10 9:38 PM
I've noticed in the forum that other people are having trouble with the Muse of Writing, too. I have the quill (not the swan feather--I already traded that in), and I got the quest for the rose key, but when I go to the gazebo, I can't get the next quest. It just says with the hint button that there are spaces there for gems, but I can't click on them (and clicking on the lever does nothing, either). As a result, I can't do anything with the Muse of Writing (clicking on her does nothing). Do I have to restart the game again? Help!

Edited on 08/08/2010 at 6:58:02 AM PST

herisf
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by herisf on Aug 8, 10 1:51 PM
My Mac version of the game froze when I put the squirrel in the orchard first - I had to force quit, and when I went back I was still stuck. I ended up deleting that profile and starting over (going much quicker since I actually knew what to do and where to go).

If I put the deer into the orchard first and then the squirrel, it ran fine. I haven't tried putting both animals in at the same time, though, so don't know how that works. For this portion of the game, do not follow the plaque instructions.

herisf
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

Stuck with that Muse of Writing/Gazebo/Quill problem

[Post New]by herisf on Aug 8, 10 1:53 PM
alexakaruda wrote:I've noticed in the forum that other people are having trouble with the Muse of Writing, too. I have the quill (not the swan feather--I already traded that in), and I got the quest for the rose key, but when I go to the gazebo, I can't get the next quest. It just says with the hint button that there are spaces there for gems, but I can't click on them (and clicking on the lever does nothing, either). As a result, I can't do anything with the Muse of Writing (clicking on her does nothing). Do I have to restart the game again? Help!
You need to complete the Muse of Writing quest by clicking the quill on her and obtaining her jewel.

ebiniku
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by ebiniku on Aug 8, 10 3:18 PM
I'm having the same issue with the freezing in the orchard. I have tried releasing the squirrel first, releasing the deer first, and releasing both animals at the same time. Each time the result is the same. I can move the cursor around the screen but I can't do anything else. I have to force-quit just to get out of the game. When I restart the game and pick up where I left off, it freezes immediately. The only way I have been able to try all these different scenarios is by creating a new profile and starting over from the very beginning. This is quite frustrating!

I am running OSX 10.6.4 on a 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook. Having already purchased the game today, I am hoping for a quick solution to this issue. Thanks.

Go to: