bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Super Smasher

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 9, 10 12:05 AM
Prepare yourself for the ride of your life in Super Smashers, a fast-paced game with funny characters and hilarious attractions! Play pranks on the visitors of the Super Smashers amusement park by shooting down their balloons and throwing cakes in their faces to get a hold of their special attraction tickets. Put on your boxing gloves and punch the funny circus clowns in this fun Action & Arcade game!

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

Re:Super Smasher

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Jul 9, 10 12:17 AM
Wow, no takers! Doesn't look like it's going to be a winner game.

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Jul 9, 10 1:10 AM
It wasn't TGT and only appeared about one hour ago. Nobody's had a chance to try it yet. Give it a chance!

goldens
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by goldens on Jul 9, 10 7:12 AM
FYI...I just read a review on this game on a different site, and it was given 4 stars.
I'm not into arcade games, but for those who are, it definitely sounds as if you should give it a try.

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Jul 9, 10 12:53 PM
"I'm not into arcade games" either......except, I'm finding (thanks to having demos to try), that I sorta love smashing and blowing up things! I have never had good manual dexterity, so I started this game at the lowest difficulty out of 3 levels available. You start off slowly popping balloons, and as the levels advance, there are balloons going in every direction, characters who jump in front of your targets, and certain balloons that need multiple clicks. You earn tokens to allow you into a Smashing Saucer game, where you need to hit certain plates as they go by on a conveyer, and avoid hitting other ones. You pick up "tickets" to go into another "minigame", which essentially is a blitz game ......I failed this 3 times, so somebody else might want to comment on it !!!
Besides 3 levels of difficulty, there are 2 modes of gameplay: Smash Quest and Smash Mania. You start with the Quest mode, then you can play the completed levels in Mania mode for a more difficult game eg. in the 1st level in Mania mode, you MUST pop all the balloons in a group, or lose points.
I can see where this could become one of those obsessive-compulsive-just-one-more-level type of games. Your number of hits and percentage of hits are also recorded, and there's always the goal of trying to improve them, along with your
over-all score.
After 10 rounds of balloons, you start throwing pies........
So do you like to smash things?? Maybe you should buy this game......

[Post New]by MarkMyWords on Jul 9, 10 1:59 PM
Yea!!! a First Person Shooter. Several options for varied skill levels. This game reminds me of Whack a Troll a little. This is a very well developed game and a pleasant change of pace.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jul 9, 10 2:59 PM
Hi Folks

WOW, couldn't believe that my hour demo was already done and over with; this is a FUN and a BLAST (no pun intended) game. Didn't understand the cannonball game though; it seemed like if you shot less than required, you failed but yet the 2-3 balloons still remained in the air so I shot them thinking you're supposed to?? Found this portion of this game very confusing

All in all, a game that is ALOT of fun; not quite the same as Treasures of the Deep but still a GREAT DEAL OF FUN

MEnr56

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Jul 9, 10 4:01 PM
Pies? We get to throw pies? YAY!

Just tried this for about 10 mintutes which is all the time I have right now. This game is really fun. Very nice graphics, bright and cheerful. Funny characters. Power ups. I love stuff like this. Looks like a good one. Worth a try.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 10, 10 7:57 AM
Played 50 minutes of the demo. Point and shoot and repeat. If that's what you want, you found it - control is pretty good and it's colorful and all. Seems too inane and repetitious for my taste. (I guess I prefer my inane and repetitious games to have some strategy to them, like Go-Go Gourmet: Chef of the Year - and that was a DD...)

Edited on 07/10/2010 at 7:57:43 AM PST

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Jul 10, 10 8:38 AM
gimmegames, I tend to agree. Loved it yesterday for 10 minutes and was tickled to find a good game. Today's 30 minutes more were disappointing. It's colorful, easy to catch on to but very repetitious. Changed my mind

Meisie84
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by Meisie84 on Jul 10, 10 2:39 PM
Sure is fun and sure is repetitious! I enjoyed the demo time, but keep thinking...ok...can I do something else now? like just a few less rounds per activity would have been more fun...game runs smoothly though and a super change of pace. Definate DD buy for me, or to fill a punch card perhaps.

gemangus
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by gemangus on Jul 11, 10 5:58 PM
i liked it and bought it. these days any game not a HOG i really appreciate.

sdurrie
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by sdurrie on Jul 18, 10 2:55 PM
I'm agreeing with some people on here. I wasn't into arcade type games... I thought! Until this game came along. Certainly a must-try for any casual game lover. Why? Because it's not just smashing balloons, throwing pies in peoples' faces, punching clowns, smashing plates... it's more....

Go to: