bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Super Smasher

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 9, 10 1:07 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Super Smasher? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

MOVIECAT
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Super Smasher

[Post New]by MOVIECAT on Jul 9, 10 5:48 PM
Glad I found this (even with the toolbar & trying to remember to check the homepage I always seem to totally miss a lot of the soft releases) as I was in the mood for something silly . The trial went by really fast, which is a good sign for me so I'm using a credit on this one.

It is all about aiming & reacting though, so some might find it a no go. However I have co-ordination/dexterity probs myself and still enjoyed the trial. Actually think this type of game is good for me in a "use it or lose it" sense, so even if it turns out I can only play it on the easiest level it'll be worth it IMO.

Really recommend trying it out, as I think it's been nicely done (also think kids would love it, not just big kids like me!). It might get a tad repetitive, but I think it'll be one of those games to dip in and out of rather than concentrate on trying to beat. Though it is rather addictive, so who knows!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jul 13, 10 3:06 PM
I am not a big arcade fan but I give every game a try. My trial time goes by so fast and I loved the game! I will use a credit for it

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Jul 14, 10 12:00 PM
Great game! The idea is simple (plain smashing around), but the concept is nicely developed: The colors are cheerful, the increasing difficulty is challenging but not depressing (I was in level 20 when my tiral expired).
You don't have to think much (not at all?), and it helps develop reflexes. The theme is nice and happy (and I am usually no fan of circuses or fairs by any means).

Although in some levels I felt really challenged it helped me get rid of some stress as I was able to pop other people's balloons (that's a change ) and the ballon owners didn't get upset; you threw cakes at people and PUNCHED CLOWNS (jack in the box sort of clowns, but for anyone who felt sort of frightened as a kid by those guys it is almost a dream come true).

There are some minigames, also well matched to the game's theme (the second one I haven't been able to succeed in); and you can gain power ups not only on each level but also by investing tokens and shooting plates.

I was very surprised and it provided me with a good no-thinking game. Graphs are crisp and big enough as not to stress eyesight (colors a bit "punchy", but IMHO it matches the game very well). Music is nothing to be awed by, but adequate: It is repetitive, but at some points I wasn't even aware of it.

This is up in my buying list. If you could just upload pics to customize who you are throwing cakes to it would even be worth a CE price to me!!!

Edited on 07/14/2010 at 12:03:24 PM PST

Go to: