gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Go-Go Gourmet: Chef of the Year - Today's DD - Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 9, 10 4:32 AM
I demo-ed this game after buying its predecessor as a DD. I liked the first one a bit better, but as a DD, this one's a slam dunk for me as well.

The first one makes you hunt around the kitchen for ingredients - has more of a hidden object edge to it than this one. This one gives you a pretty well-organized kitchen with food that's easier to identify. So that changes the challenge of it somewhat.

So try it if you liked the first Go-Go Gourmet, and also if you didn't like that one, if you think maybe the differences I mentioned might make it a for you.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

Re:Go-Go Gourmet: Chef of the Year - Today's DD - Reviews and Comments

[Post New]by krissywillow on Jul 9, 10 4:54 AM
FINALLY! I've been waiting ages for this to become the DD. I really like the original and I like this one just about as much. I used up my demo a long time ago, put the game on the back burner thinking it would probably be a DD sometime...and sort of forgot about it..YAY!

If you like the first one, and/or ifyou like cooking and food-themed games, you'll probably enjoy this.

At $2.99 it's a steal.

frini7
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by frini7 on Jul 9, 10 5:53 AM
well, I had never tried this game or the first one. Today I tried the demo for about 15 ' and I bought it ...I liked it a lot.

Meisie84
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by Meisie84 on Jul 9, 10 8:29 AM
I'll demo this later today, have and enjoy the first one...does this one have untimed/relaxed mode?

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 9, 10 10:41 AM
I've been playing it the past few hours, and am enjoying it quite a bit.

(I don't know why this appeals to me just fine, but games where you just wait on customers does not...)

Now here's something I've never done before - grated cottage cheese lol.

Edited on 07/09/2010 at 1:27:55 PM PST

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jul 9, 10 1:39 PM
when i demoed this one first time out, i was on the fence... it was a game that really didn't interest my niece so i passed it over for one that did... now i have a great reason for indulging myself!

and like gimme said, i don't really know why i like this game so much, i just do!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 9, 10 3:44 PM
The one reason I'm glad to pay DD price for this game rather than full price is that, while the game allows you to replay levels to try to get a 1st place on all of them (- which is pretty easy), it does not seem to keep track of high scores for each level. That means, if you want to know if you beat your previous high score for a level, you have to keep track yourself, outside the context of the game.

There's lots of room to do better than you have to to just get first place a lot of times, so besting previous high scores would have been an obvious way to increase replay value. I didn't see a total score or a high scores chart anywhere either.

And also, while there's lots of trophies, outfits, and souvenirs you can win in the chef contest, there's no other awards like for total number of dishes prepared for instance.

I wouldn't mind replaying the levels if there were some semi-tangible incentive to do so.

All I can think to do to increase the difficulty or replay value is to create a new player who never changes clothes. (The outfits you win give you benefits, so not wearing them should make it harder to win first place.) Which is a little sad because I *like* some of the outfits she wins.

(And here's a tip for real-world new cooks: Never try to fry chicken naked. )

Update re: high scores:

What I *have* noticed is that the Chart in the Main Menu updates your total score if you go back and replay levels and improve your score on them.

Edited on 07/11/2010 at 7:20:10 AM PST

luvpumpkns
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by luvpumpkns on Feb 18, 11 3:53 PM
dear makers of go go gourmet,

please make another game immediately.

sincerely,

avid pretend chef

Go to: