Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery of the Ancients: Black Dagger here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 16, 18 12:46 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/16/2018 at 2:28:18 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery of the Ancients: Black Dagger here.

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 16, 18 2:27 PM
Howdy Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Mystery of the Ancients: Black Dagger here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Mystery of the Ancients: Black Dagger.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgIlinalta

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 17, 18 11:32 AM
Hello friends! As usual, I review mostly on the game play and leave the rest to others, although I do reserve the right to comment on the story as well. Well, we have #7 in this series. Yep, got them all, liked them all. Graphics in this game are extremely well done, and very clear when moving in and out of close ups. Animation is exceptional, with smooth body movements, and have realistic facial movements. Game play was very good, with no problems during the demo and the scenes fit my large screen quite nicely. Voices were very nice and were age and character appropriate, although we did not have much in the way of character interaction. It's easier to get into a story if the characters speak more, or if you have really great sfx. You can click through dialog if you read faster than they speak, and not miss any of the story line or clues. We had very little music, but the sfx were pretty nice, when we had them. I was surprised to see that the dev had cleaned up the colors, which were very nice and clear and we didn't have the usual blues or pinks in this addition.

HOPs are really well done, varied and different. We have silhouettes, puzzles within a HOP, IHOPs and match. Items are not difficult to find and the scenes are mostly fairly clear. I did not see that you could switch to something other than the HOP. Puzzles were fairly simple, but some did take a bit of time to complete. I do like the ability to reduce skip time down to one second, rather than 15. The hint system is very helpful and it does transport to longer locations. You do a lot of backtracking in this game, and you are constantly on the move. I did not care for the map, but we have the transport, so I didn't need to use it. It does show if you have missed a collectible in one of the areas.

Collectibles were not many, but challenging to find. We have 8 character statuettes that are large and easy to spot. We also have 23 crowns that are well blended into background colors and features. They are not as easy to see as you may think.

This story line isn't anything new, but it flowed well and had a lot of action to keep you interested and moving. I did downgrade this one because it is so quiet, and not much character interaction, but I found it entertaining and feel that it will pick up as we progress. That said, I found the game to be well put together and have given it a 4.5. I think all levels of players will find this one worth the CE price. Yes, I am going to add it to my CE collection.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

sha49tn1
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by sha49tn1 on Mar 23, 18 10:59 PM
I really liked this game. It was a little bit spooky, but not overly so. The graphics were great. And, if you get stuck, the hints are very clear. Unlike some games where you have to just click until you get the right spot. (That's very irritating!) I give this game at least 4 1/2 stars, if not 5. Well worth the money. But, you have to play it for yourself.I didn't get the collector's edition, which I assume is more difficult because of collecting stuff. But, I still enjoyed the game. Hope they make some more. I have only bought 4 of the games, but have played a couple of the others on another game site. Keep up the good work, developers!

Go to: