Water Collector Room

[Post New]by sandpipr on Jul 9, 10 12:52 PM
I've solved the wooden plank wheel puzzle and collected all of the goblets. The strategy guide says to put the planks in the slots of the water chute. How do you do that?

BlueOctober
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

Re:Water Collector Room

[Post New]by BlueOctober on Jul 9, 10 4:17 PM
Oh yeah...this one was a little tricky. First...on the right side of the room, you'll see the wooden posts...click there and you'll see...I think it's six different symbols. I wrote them down so it was easier.

Then, use those symbols to figure out which planks to put in the water machine to the left. Almost all of them use more than one plank at a time. Then, place one of the metal objects (found around the room) on the right side of the scale (under the chute) and then pull the lever on the left. The water will flow onto the left side of the scale. You want to use the metal object that balances the scale...you'll hear a "ding" when it's exactly right. Then take the metal object over to the wooden post area and place it on the correct symbol.

I hope this helps...it's really hard to explain here. ;o)

[Post New]by sandpipr on Jul 11, 10 10:15 AM
Okay, I'm still not sure about the planks. Are they the ones that make up the wheel which have the symbols on them? I wrote the symbols down, too.

I don't see any other planks. If the planks make up the wheel, how do I move them to the slots?

I consider myself reasonably proficient at these games, but this room baffles me.

By the way, thank you so much for replying!

LadyLilithAnn
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLilithAnn on Jul 11, 10 12:00 PM
This one stumped me too! Look above where the water comes out.The planks go in the slots above. They will let the water flow or not, then follow BlueOctober's directions. Lilith

BlueOctober
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by BlueOctober on Jul 11, 10 2:00 PM
Sandpipr, you should be able to find the planks, along with five metal objects lying around the room....

vievieta
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by vievieta on Jul 12, 10 1:28 AM
I cannot find the owl

BlueOctober
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by BlueOctober on Jul 12, 10 7:15 AM
It's in the room, Vievieta. All of them are in the book shelf area on the same level as the door.

[Post New]by FrogSalad on Jul 12, 10 5:12 PM
BlueOctober wrote:Oh yeah...this one was a little tricky. First...on the right side of the room, you'll see the wooden posts...click there and you'll see...I think it's six different symbols. I wrote them down so it was easier.

Then, use those symbols to figure out which planks to put in the water machine to the left. Almost all of them use more than one plank at a time. Then, place one of the metal objects (found around the room) on the right side of the scale (under the chute) and then pull the lever on the left. The water will flow onto the left side of the scale. You want to use the metal object that balances the scale...you'll hear a "ding" when it's exactly right. Then take the metal object over to the wooden post area and place it on the correct symbol.

I hope this helps...it's really hard to explain here. ;o)

Thank you! I was doing it backwards and getting very frustrated. I put all the planks in and then took OUT the ones in the diagram instead of the other way around. You explained it very well, I thought.

melody222
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by melody222 on Jul 12, 10 6:33 PM
sandpipr wrote:Okay, I'm still not sure about the planks. Are they the ones that make up the wheel which have the symbols on them? I wrote the symbols down, too.

I don't see any other planks. If the planks make up the wheel, how do I move them to the slots?

I consider myself reasonably proficient at these games, but this room baffles me.

Hi I am melody222 and I saw the planks on the floor picked them up clicked on the wheel and now the planks are gone disappeared into thin air, I cannot go further because they vanished, I cant put them in the slots, I do have the goblets but the planks that I picked on the floor are gone HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

melody222
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by melody222 on Jul 12, 10 6:50 PM
sandpipr wrote:Okay, I'm still not sure about the planks. Are they the ones that make up the wheel which have the symbols on them? I wrote the symbols down, too.

Hi I am melody222 and I saw the planks on the floor picked them up clicked on the wheel and now the planks are gone disappeared into thin air, I cannot go further because they vanished, I cant put them in the slots, I do have the goblets but the planks that I picked on the floor are gone HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by shortnsassy6272 on Jul 12, 10 7:40 PM
I am so stuck here. No matter how I fill the objects not one ever works. I never get the ding when one is correct. I've tried putting the object on every spoke of the wheel but to no avail. Is this a technical glitch or am I missing something. Someone please give some info want to keep going and not start game over. Have read all replys no one seems to have the same problem as I do.

Thanks to all.

Found another posting called water hut. The answer was there. I was doing it backwards. Pulling out symbols planks, well that didn't work. Leave in the planks that match the symbol, fill the container, then place on wheel. Now I can move on.

Edited on 07/12/2010 at 8:43:11 PM PST

[Post New]by sandpipr on Jul 13, 10 3:37 PM
Melody 22

That is exactly the point at which I am now. I have started the game over under another name to get to that point and put the planks in the slots before I put them on the wheel. Maybe that would work.

[Post New]by mishy40 on Jul 14, 10 4:46 AM
I have done all the items except the vase and put them on the wooden wheel. The last clue is just a single straight line and I have tried every straight line on the wooden planks but I cannot get the vase to "ding" and it won't except the vase on the wooden wheel with the rest of the other items. Am I missing anythng. I have tried so many different combinations but to no avail. Is there anyone that has had this problem. I am enjoying this game but this part is very frusting. Cheers Mishy.

KmwK
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by KmwK on Mar 8, 11 2:51 AM

"Hi I am melody222 and I saw the planks on the floor picked them up clicked on the wheel and now the planks are gone disappeared into thin air, I cannot go further because they vanished, I cant put them in the slots, I do have the goblets but the planks that I picked on the floor are gone HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I'm having the same problem as melody222. There are no planks. I picked them up, clicked on the wheel, and then they disappeared from my inventory! So I'm stuck! I have the goblets and the owl head, and there's nothing else left on the floor to pick up. Please help. Would like to finish the game without starting over.

Edited on 03/08/2011 at 2:56:10 AM PST

suehorse
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by suehorse on Mar 13, 11 2:05 PM
I am having the same problem. I just have one more to put on the wheel but I can't get the ding that I need. Any solutions?

Go to: