bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 10, 10 1:07 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

1941grandma
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

Re:Post any Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ technical issues here only

[Post New]by 1941grandma on Jul 11, 10 2:55 AM
I have just purchased this game - I could not play it on my old system
Sometimes I click on a painting and the game disappears. It is still playing though I cannot see it on Windows task manager. The sounds are there and the Bigfish Client tells me that I already have a game running, if I try to re-start off the Client.

I have downloaded my latest card drivers today, so would like to know if others have these problems

[Post New]by ROCKETY42 on Jul 11, 10 12:12 PM
when entering the witch doctor painting I click on the cauldron with the candle and the picture disappears , I get a white screen with pale bubbles moving about - I can still get the hints and captions but am unable to play - I can go back to the game with the main arrow but cannot continue the game without getting at the witch doctors room. I have uninstalled and then reinstalled still no luck - is this all you get for the deal of the day - half a game??

LynFrank
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by LynFrank on Jul 12, 10 10:01 AM
My computer froze a couple of times and then I remembered to defragment - this helped a lot!!

Edited on 07/12/2010 at 10:02:41 AM PST

onelifesdream
Flounder
Flounder
2,271 Posts

[Post New]by onelifesdream on Jul 14, 10 6:16 AM
Unable to finish game even though went all the way to the book tower with the sketches to find after the Fire and Ice part. When I tried to go back down the tower, computer froze up and all there was, was a black screen. Stayed that way for 20 min and then had to do a hard shut down. Game still won't work. Can't even get in there now.

suzyc
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by suzyc on Jul 19, 10 2:02 PM
onelifesdream wrote:Unable to finish game even though went all the way to the book tower with the sketches to find after the Fire and Ice part. When I tried to go back down the tower, computer froze up and all there was, was a black screen. Stayed that way for 20 min and then had to do a hard shut down. Game still won't work. Can't even get in there now.

Me too. I have been going nuts trying to make sure everything is updated. Only to find that it all is updated. I hate to just dump a game, but it looks like that's what I'm gonna do. I'm not bashing BFG, please don't get me wrong. It seems there are just some games my computer (HP laptop, with Windows Vista) can't play.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jul 19, 10 3:19 PM
(HP laptop
What does the graphics on your laptop?
Have you been in touch with BFG CS via the green envelope?

rebeccak
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by rebeccak on Jul 29, 10 7:24 PM
I played through the demo a while ago with no problem, but the regular game crashes to 'pc blue screen of death' in graphics-intensive parts. I redownloaded and restarted the game but it crashed just when I went in the front door. I guess I will fuss around with my pc at some point to try to get it to work.

quaifen
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by quaifen on Aug 28, 10 5:10 PM
I purchase the game last year and played it to the end with no problem, but when I tried to play the game again I started to have tech problems, the game will not let me pick up the enchanted hour glass after the exchange of the other hour glass, is anyone else having this problem, I have uninstall and install the game twice with the same problem.

quiltz
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by quiltz on Oct 21, 10 3:01 PM
I just finished the game and it did not disappoint me!! I have to recommend to all who are having problems .....to UPDATE drivers for your video card and for adobe Flash .... and whatever the tech folks have told us. It worked for me like a charm and now no more problems. I would guess that the newer the game or version of the game that the more important this will be since I know that I am not always on top of all the latest updates!! Oh also thanks to our excellent Customer Support folks!!!

frustrating

[Post New]by sunnyjude on Oct 22, 10 5:54 AM
okay, i love this game. but i'm getting real frustrated, and i've already made sure my adobe flash and blah blah was updated but yeah my computer is brand new, so there really shouldn't be any problems. but there is. i've been playing for like an hour and a half and all of a sudden the screen starts flashing and freaking out and then i have to turn off my whole computer to get it to stop. when i go back in and try to play again, it runs through the whole speech/movie from the beginning and then gets stuck on 12% loaded. if i erase my user and start a whole new game then it works fine, for like another hour and a half. which is ridiculous. i've uninstalled and reinstalled the game a couple times already and it just keeps doing it.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

frustrating

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 22, 10 6:01 AM
sunnyjude wrote:okay, i love this game. but i'm getting real frustrated, and i've already made sure my adobe flash and blah blah was updated but yeah my computer is brand new, so there really shouldn't be any problems. but there is. i've been playing for like an hour and a half and all of a sudden the screen starts flashing and freaking out and then i have to turn off my whole computer to get it to stop. when i go back in and try to play again, it runs through the whole speech/movie from the beginning and then gets stuck on 12% loaded. if i erase my user and start a whole new game then it works fine, for like another hour and a half. which is ridiculous. i've uninstalled and reinstalled the game a couple times already and it just keeps doing it.
You'll need BFG CS help with this. Click on the green envelope, then the Contact Us hyperlink then select Technical Issues from the drop-down list.

[Post New]by donnaleck on Dec 16, 10 6:06 AM
the merchant hasn't given me a slingshot even though i completed the game how can i smash the window without it any ideas anyone???

[Post New]by yellowmars on Dec 17, 10 8:54 PM
I am in the hall of giants and have gotten the carrot from the big statue. I've used it to get the real rabbit to move in the painting. I grabbed the rabbit glyph and it disappeared. It's not any my inventory, it's not in the painting and the place on the wall in the painting still needs the glyph (other two are in place). Did it disappear for good? I have tried restarting it, etc. The rabbit is moved but the glyph is gone! Please help!

[Post New]by malmar425 on Dec 20, 10 6:40 AM
I posted several days ago about tech issue...white screen on Hero puzzle. There are several others playing Ipad version too, having same problem, same location and puzzle.. Today we get an update that says it's supposed to fix this white screen issue. I was excited, thinking I could now continue the game...downloaded update, went back to game...no fix..
I then decided to re-start my Ipad since this sometimes will fix program issues...did that...still no fix..still white screen. I'm really dissapointed, and thinking of canceling my monthly subscription with BFG.., as stated earlier, Ipad games are supposed to be ready to play, not an issue of drivers etc.. I have latest IOS version too, so that should not be an issue either..please respond!

[Post New]by pattyipad on Jan 12, 11 5:01 PM
Very interested in purchasing, but Itunes comments indicates that it crashes. Anybody out there running it on Apple IPad with the latest OS successfully.

[Post New]by msftjunkie on Jan 29, 11 8:24 AM
i just purchased through Steam. I have a touch screen Windows device. why does this game not work with touch gestures in Windows but does on iPads? all my other games respond to touch gestures.

[Post New]by shadowmt on Feb 3, 11 12:24 AM
don't waste your money on this game. bought it and was only able to play it ONCE. crashes every time after that and no one seems to be willing to do anything about it. not worth $10.00!!!

[Post New]by luvmyfam3 on Mar 10, 11 1:58 PM
I have just begun this game and love it! But, I didn't know to get the ear and teeth outside the Witch Doctor's picture. So, now that I'm in the picture, there's no "back" arrow to let me out....I've searched everywhere! I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game several times. I suppose I could just start over again as a new person, but I really hate to do that. Any ideas why the back arrow is non-existent, or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Kim

[Post New]by Janettomlinson on Mar 19, 11 2:28 AM
I am at the top of the tree and want to use my chalk to paint the clouds but it won't let me move the chalk. When I try to paint the clouds they fill in but the game will not move on. I am not a very experienced game player but love this game and want to get to the end- please help and old girl.

Go to: