redrum,for and against

argistla
Flounder
Flounder
2,207 Posts

redrum,for and against

[Post New]by argistla on Nov 2, 08 4:27 AM
reading all the mail on this game more are for than against,,personally i enjoyed it.with older eyes and shakier hands it gives me a little more time to find things.i will admit i would have liked it to be longer,[but win some lose some]if a sequel comes i will be in the queue for it..good luck gamers

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

Re:redrum,for and against

[Post New]by Anniejo on Nov 2, 08 5:08 AM
against

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Nov 2, 08 5:17 AM
Against. I did not buy it. HOs are my favorite games but this one was painful to view for me. I don't like seeing a child suffer even if she isn't a real person and it is just a story. I do enjoy mysterys and some horror too but I like suspense more than gore. I found the graphics in this game very well done even though I didn't like looking. I finished the one hour demo but nearly trashed the game earlier. I kept thinking that it might get better as I went along, it didn't. Also, I only needed one more Octoberfest gamd to get a magnet - LOL! No magnet, couldn't find another game that I wanted (I have many of the HOs and some others too).

I was quickly bored by the mini games.

A number of people really enjoyed this game and I am curious to know if it is a best seller for Big Fish and others.

Edited on 11/02/2008 at 5:18:03 AM PST

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Nov 2, 08 5:38 AM
Against
An unpleasant game all around. Terrible images of a child having her head cut open, being put in a straight jacket and being injected with drugs. Other scenes showing her in fear of having her teeth pulled and being in the midst of thorns and needles. Plus I thought the games were boring. Matching the small pieces of the scene to the larger picture wasn’t any fun for me. I'm glad I didn't buy it.

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Nov 2, 08 6:10 AM
not for me... !!

mews
Salmon
Salmon
2,854 Posts

[Post New]by mews on Nov 2, 08 8:18 AM
Not my "cup of tea".
Didn't even use up all the free hour.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Nov 2, 08 2:46 PM

Only played the demo, but loved it! Best soundtrack ever! Debating whether to use a credit - everyone says it is so short. How many investigations are there? This one is just hard enough, but not too hard. I liked all the minigames, too. More, more!!!

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Nov 2, 08 2:48 PM
I haven't finished it yet but am enjoying it.

misty04
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by misty04 on Nov 2, 08 3:00 PM
this game was not long enough. the older hidden objects were much longer and some were so good I stayed up to 6 and 7 in the morning until I finished.

Where can I purchase the new Mortimer Beckett game?????

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Nov 2, 08 3:03 PM
Mortimer Beckett Spooky Manor is for sale at 50% off on real arcade. I Beta tested the new Mortimer a week or so ago. I'm guessing it will be out early in November at real arcade. BFG will not be getting this game.

misty04
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by misty04 on Nov 2, 08 3:08 PM
Thanks cesse47 i cn't wait to play it

misty04
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by misty04 on Nov 2, 08 3:14 PM
I have Spooky Manor and still play it . It is one of the best games, I want to purchase the new Mortimer Beckett!

argistla
Flounder
Flounder
2,207 Posts

[Post New]by argistla on Nov 3, 08 10:35 PM
thank you all for your replies,your views gave me a lot to think about.very wide and varied;[like life]good gaming ,,now going to have a look at buckingham palace.closest i will ever be to it.not that i really want to go there

Mazdafan_626
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by Mazdafan_626 on Nov 4, 08 12:08 AM
i'm for it, as a 20 year old who frightens VERY easily and can't shake thing ( I have post tramadic Stress disorder and I relive things that have been tramdic or stressful to me like there happened 5 secounds ago, and had nightmares ware the things where still there when I opened my eyes I would become vertily traped in my nightmares) Saying all that and reading the warning I'm for it, and was expecting more, "gore" to it. but it defently got yo you at a physcological level, I wouldn't recomend it unless your at least 17. Don't play it if you can't watch an R rated movie. or SOME PG-13.

Mazdafan_626
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by Mazdafan_626 on Nov 4, 08 8:13 AM
butrflyangel02 wrote:I'm 50% for and 50% against. I think the graphics were nicely done and the story is well played out but overall the game creeped me out. I'm 24 and I don't get easily scared or frightened by like horror movies or games but this one takes the cake. I don't like the idea of watching a little girl get her head cut open and the needles and the drugs it was just not that great of a prospect. I dunno if I'll buy the game, I probably wont. I almost trashed the game after that opening sequence with the little girl (Rose) going through her nightmares and becoming different things like the Bees. I wouldn't suggest this to anyone under the age of 17 it would most deffiantly give them nightmares.

I bought the game and played it through, and they don't cut her open, and you don't see her get any injections, in fact the game, though, got more creepy with the way her "special" freinds became "special" there is a good old fashion dose of karma in this game, in the point of what goes around comes around, and I don't want to ruin the game for anyone but all I'll say is that "Rose" is fine and she NEVER got hurt, unlike a certin "fraud-ulant" quack.

Edited on 11/04/2008 at 8:15:14 AM PST

jeetarn
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jeetarn on Nov 4, 08 8:59 AM
This was a great game. I have played thru once, and I'm sure I will again and again.

jhlipton
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jhlipton on Nov 8, 08 8:12 PM
For.

The graphics are awesome, I like the way you have to find pieces (recatngles and hexagons), and "relaxed" mode. It's a keeper.

Twigletto
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Twigletto on Dec 2, 08 10:38 AM
A question, why does noone ever to bother to answer each other properlly on these forums? Bah

Kimmy1971
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by Kimmy1971 on Dec 2, 08 10:52 AM
cesse47 wrote:I enjoyed this game as well. I thought it was one of the best storylines and very different from anything else out there. Took my time, read all of the story, and enjoyed all of the gameplay.

I did the same thing cesse but I am a big horror fanatic books movies etc so I really like this game

Twigletto
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Twigletto on Dec 2, 08 1:03 PM
horror? what horror? the horror for me is how easy and unchallenging it is. ok but fairly dull.. good effects... but .. sigh.

Go to: