Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Tales: The Other Side Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 17, 18 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 03/17/2018 at 10:25:55 AM PST

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Tales: The Other Side Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by lolaluv on Mar 17, 18 5:47 AM
Game won't launch. Running win 10. Tried starting it from both the game manager and the desktop shortcut - nothing. Haven't tried deleting and reinstalling yet, that's next...

suniris
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Tales: The Other Side Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by suniris on Mar 17, 18 7:06 AM
same here, game won't launch, may try uninstall, install if I have time

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Mar 17, 18 7:44 AM
same here. windows 7. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. game still won't launch.

Tucks_Mom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Tucks_Mom on Mar 17, 18 7:47 AM
Using Windows 10. Had the same issue where it wouldn't start with the first install. I deleted and downloaded again. Game started right up.

Good luck

suniris
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by suniris on Mar 17, 18 8:34 AM
Did the uninstall . reinstall after dumping some old games from manager and cleaning up my download files. Still took 2 tries but it finally did ok

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Mar 17, 18 10:25 AM
Howdy Everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct these types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgLianorm

Edited on 03/17/2018 at 10:27:02 AM PST

hollyodie
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by hollyodie on Mar 17, 18 11:31 AM
Ditto with the game manager saying "oops"

[Post New]by juttawalker on Mar 17, 18 12:24 PM
Same problem here too,W10

bcorsica
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by bcorsica on Mar 17, 18 12:50 PM
Stuck in Cramer house after I collected the arrow case and put it on the wall, only showing 3 arrows and still says to look for more, except I have no new active location. Went outside, nothing to be done, walked back inside, same, went in the office and nothing that I can accomplish til I retrieve that missing arrow. Using a Macbook air.
I used the hint in very room and it said "nothing can be done here".

[Post New]by martyjeanne on Mar 17, 18 9:27 PM
I was nearing the end of game when I got an error message. Unfortunately, I didn't write it down. The game terminated and told me that my player name had been corrupted and had been deleted! Now I must start over at the beginning!
I won't include exactly WHAT I SAID to to game! Maybe I'll start over tomorrow!

FunIt
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by FunIt on Mar 18, 18 3:06 AM
I had the same trouble as others with starting the game but managed after two or three tries.

Now, near the end of the main game, it crashed in the middle of a minigame. Can't remember exactly what it was. No error message, just no response at all from the game. Terminated in taskmanager. but now the game won't start again. Uninstalled and re-installed to no avail. Win 7.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 18, 18 2:30 PM
Hi Everyone,

It sounds like there have been crashing issues with the game, as well as a progression issue where the save file for the profile was corrupted. We're so sorry to hear our players are running into these issues. For crashing, we can work to improve the relationship between the game and computer to see if that will smooth out the troubles. The following links have steps on how to do that for our PC players:

Run Game as Administrator
Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

In case our Mac players are also running into this, here's a link for them as well:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

For the save issue, that could definitely be frustrating, and I'm so sorry you've run into it, martyjeanne. Although there's not a great troubleshooting way to recover a corrupted save file or prevent them from happening, it may help try out the above steps as well, since it's possible an error that normally would lead to a crash affected the save file as well.

If none of the above resolves the issues, please let our Technical Support Team know, and please include as much information as possible about the error message that comes up. This will help us better report to the appropriate teams what's going on.

If there are other questions or concerns, please let one of our Moderators know by PM. We'll be happy to help however we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by fthispoop on Mar 18, 18 2:39 PM
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the big fish app to try to get the game to play and that worked one time only. What are you gonna do to fix your game that has a glitch in it?!!!

[Post New]by summergirl1214 on Mar 18, 18 3:44 PM
I'm having same problem but is not game is palyer. Doing it on all my games none will open and play just blue spinning circle then page says play again. Player up to date you have an issue with your player. Need to fix was going to buy three more games today but guess not can't play anything.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 18, 18 3:45 PM
Hi fthispoop,

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles. If the troubleshooting mentioned in my previous post does not fix the issue, please contact our Technical Support Team. They help us gather information so we can pass those details along to the teams behind the games. If there are any questions about this, please PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to provide any answers that we can.

bfgArinelle

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 18, 18 3:48 PM
Hello summergirl1214,

If there have been troubles accessing any games through the Big Fish Games app, we recommend reinstalling the app to see if that gets things working better. This usually corrects any underlying issues within the app itself. Steps for doing this can be found here:

Reinstall the Big Fish Games App (Game Manager)

If that doesn't resolve the issue, please contact our Technical Support Team for additional assistance. If you're seeing any error messages at all, please include those in that message as well.

Our Moderators are always happy to address questions or concerns by PM as well, so please feel free to contact one of us at any time.

bfgArinelle

driain
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by driain on Mar 20, 18 3:42 AM
bcorsica wrote:Stuck in Cramer house after I collected the arrow case and put it on the wall, only showing 3 arrows and still says to look for more, except I have no new active location. Went outside, nothing to be done, walked back inside, same, went in the office and nothing that I can accomplish til I retrieve that missing arrow. Using a Macbook air.
I used the hint in very room and it said "nothing can be done here".

Hi,
Same problem as you describe. I uninstalled/reinstalled and sprinted through the game with a new profile - using skips and easy mode (was in "hardcore" mode originally). Retrieved the arrow and (very carefully!) placed it - success.
It was worth the hassle for such a good game.
Hope this helps.
Drian

Erinus
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Erinus on Mar 20, 18 6:26 AM
My game crashed near the end of the game when I opened the mini game with the skull and tentacles. I tried to click on the tentacles but the game froze. I had to ctrl + alt + del to open the Task Manager to end the game. I reopened the game and got to the same point, but this time I tried waiting until "skip" loaded to skip the mini game but an error message came up just when it was time to skip and the screen went black. I had to quit again using Task Manager. I couldn't read the error message because it was blank. I can't progress in the game without solving this tentacle thing. I'm running WIN7 and this is the first time I have had a problem with this game. Darn it. I don't want to reinstall and lose my progress....

Edited on 03/20/2018 at 6:27:45 AM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 20, 18 1:22 PM
Game froze up when I was trying to mix the water, moss and insecticide. I can't go any further in the game until I get this mixed. Sent a message to the Techs and got a code for a replacement game. That's nice, but I want this game to work. The Devs need to pay attention to these issues and get them fixed. I love this series and am extremely disappointed in this. Never had any problems with this series before. Trying a reload to see if that will help. Very frustrating!

Go to: