nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

PLEASE BIG FISH GET RID OF AD PEOPLE!

[Post New]by nanafraser on Mar 17, 18 5:45 AM
BF PLEASE! get rid of these stupid advertiser! I know you can ban em! This is ridiculous! They took up almost 2 pages of there stupid ads!

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

Re:PLEASE BIG FISH GET RID OF AD PEOPLE!

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Mar 17, 18 6:05 AM
I agree. I don't understand why they can't block these people.

lilyfantn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by lilyfantn on Mar 17, 18 6:42 AM
I agree. Lately they have become a lot worse.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Mar 17, 18 8:17 AM
How will I control my husband's mind then?

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Mar 17, 18 8:34 AM
Just report the comments with the red exclamation point. The more reports they get the quicker they will remove them.

Rob_Blake
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Rob_Blake on Mar 17, 18 9:09 AM
It's been explained many times over the years that BFG cannot prevent the ads from being posted, because the people keep creating new names to post them under. All BFG can do is delete the messages each day and block those particular names, which is usually completed within an hour or two after the BFG employees get into work (8:00 am Pacific time). So, "aabbbb" and the others were new to BF forum today, and will be deleted and blocked. However, those same people can just create other new names by simply adding another letter or number to their forum name, or totally different new names. Unfortunately, there is currently no way to prevent the posts from being posted in the first place.

bfgLianorm
608 Posts

[Post New]by bfgLianorm on Mar 17, 18 9:19 AM
Hi everyone,

Thank you for bringing the spam to our attention. As some of the other Mods have mentioned, the first thing we do when they get into the office in the early morning is clear out the spam posts, so thank you for your patience as we work quickly to get this removed.

The posting of spam is often automated, and we're definitely looking into ways to try to prevent it from happening at all. We wouldn't recommend clicking on any unfamiliar links, or any links that may be included in any of the spam posts.

For future reference, it's really helpful for us to clear out the spam faster if you just click on the ! in the top right corner of the post. With enough reports, this will remove the spam from appearing in the threads until we can get into the office and completely delete it.

I can absolutely understand not wanting to open the message to click the ! we only suggest this as it is a way of getting the posts removed from sight while we're not here for clean-up on aisle Spam.

The Spam problem is one that we are working with a number of teams to address and I am confident that a solution to this will be on the way soon.

In the meantime, on behalf of the moderators I am once again going to ask that we refrain from creating any further posts about the spam as it does go against the Forum Rules & FAQ and fewer posts about the spam mean more posts about the game front and center where they belong.

Make sure your posts are constructive and add to the conversation on the forums. Posting just to "level up" or "bump" discussions is considered SPAM. Posts that are not game related will be removed.

Do not respond to or comment on posts or discussions that break the rules. Report the post or discussion to a moderator. Contributing, even to mention that something breaks the rules, that discussion visible and aggravates the problem.

bfgLianorm

Go to: