Trouble opening game

[Post New]by slmerriman on Mar 17, 18 8:27 AM
Is anyone else having problems opening game after downloading?

I have tried twice..even uninstalled game and re-installed.....

Re:Trouble opening game

[Post New]by mustangcelli on Mar 17, 18 8:33 AM
I am also having the same issue. Frustrating!!

[Post New]by grammies6 on Mar 17, 18 9:18 AM
Same here !

julie421
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by julie421 on Mar 17, 18 9:35 AM
Me too .Why ?

nypitterpat
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by nypitterpat on Mar 17, 18 10:17 AM
I had the same problem, but on the 3rd try, it actually worked, so I could play the demo.

[Post New]by shel12528 on Mar 17, 18 10:34 AM
This game keeps stopping and when i try to open it again my computer shuts dowm. Please fix this problem.

felinefi
Guppy
Guppy
148 Posts

[Post New]by felinefi on Mar 17, 18 1:25 PM
Can't open it either.

[Post New]by mustangcelli on Mar 17, 18 1:46 PM
UPDATE: I uninstalled the Game Manager, and rebooted. During reboot, my W10 laptop revealed it had downloaded an update, but needed to reboot to install it. After reboot, and reinstalling BFGM (by installing said game), everything works just fine.

For W10 users, would recommend ensuring that your computer isn't in the middle of an update.

Good luck, fishees!!!!

[Post New]by slmerriman on Mar 17, 18 1:49 PM
Okay thanks.... I am going to try uninstalling game manager and see what happens.

felinefi
Guppy
Guppy
148 Posts

[Post New]by felinefi on Mar 17, 18 3:19 PM
mustangcelli wrote:UPDATE: I uninstalled the Game Manager, and rebooted. During reboot, my W10 laptop revealed it had downloaded an update, but needed to reboot to install it. After reboot, and reinstalling BFGM (by installing said game), everything works just fine.

For W10 users, would recommend ensuring that your computer isn't in the middle of an update.

Good luck, fishees!!!!

Thanks for the info. I just tried that and it didn't work for me

[Post New]by mustangcelli on Mar 17, 18 5:40 PM
felinefi wrote:
mustangcelli wrote:UPDATE: I uninstalled the Game Manager, and rebooted. During reboot, my W10 laptop revealed it had downloaded an update, but needed to reboot to install it. After reboot, and reinstalling BFGM (by installing said game), everything works just fine.

Good luck, fishees!!!!

Thanks for the info. I just tried that and it didn't work for me

Had to stop playing for awhile. Game wouldn't relaunch for me until the 3rd try. Appears there is something wrong with a dll file; but is it the game or W10?

[Post New]by slmerriman on Mar 18, 18 8:25 AM
Game finally worked for me on 3rd try....But finally playing..

felinefi
Guppy
Guppy
148 Posts

[Post New]by felinefi on Mar 18, 18 9:20 AM
I tried again this morning and it opened. I've just started playing so hopefully it won't crash!

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 18, 18 2:25 PM
Hey Everyone,

I'm so sorry that our players have been running into troubles opening up the game! The tips offered by mustangcelli are a fabulous place to start for our Windows 10 players. It may also help to try out the steps from the following articles, since it sounds like the game is crashing when trying to start it up:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

If there are still issues after that, please contact our Technical Support Team to let them know. They'll help us collect more information that we can pass along to the appropriate teams for the game.

Since this is a technical issue, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. Please post any additional concerns in the following thread so all of the issues our players are experiencing are in a single place. This helps the investigating teams easily find all of the reports from our players. The Tech Issues thread for this game is found here:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Tales: The Other Side Collector's Edition here.

If there are any questions or concerns about this, please PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to answer any questions that we can.

bfgArinelle

Go to: