sas65
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

fifth gate -last gate

[Post New]by sas65 on Jul 10, 10 7:03 PM
those bats or whateveron last gate. how do you keep your flowers. they keep eating only two i have. dontlike the fact that you start with only 20 each gate. how do i get ahead on this gate.

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

Re:fifth gate -last gate

[Post New]by cstdenis on Jul 11, 10 8:06 AM
Take your time in completing the quests (finish them in just under the time limit) so you can build up enough money to get all the upgrades on the water and storage, and make sure you buy power plants. I usually plant three power plants and one fertilizer plant (in the center), then get both the rain potion and collect all flowers potion. I replace these each day if I have less than 4 potions left in each. If you have three power plants, one will always be in bloom, so you can use it to kill the bats/spiders with one hit (instead of a bunch). I don't even use the pest attraction plant, as it is easy to kill the pests with the power plants.

The point is to build up your funds in the beginning, so you aren't scrounging to complete the quests at the end. I usually have lots of extra money at the end.

Hope this helps.

dfranklin
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:fifth gate -last gate

[Post New]by dfranklin on Jul 13, 10 5:46 PM
Agree with cstdenis on the power plants, but like you I struggled at first with so little resources. To swat bats I usually try to hit them when I first see them before they start darting all over the place.

As a strategy, I planned to have that center spot for a fertilizer plant later in the game, but because I couldn't afford to upgrade the fountain, spells or even the water pitcher for awhile I put a cheap dewdrop plant in the center to bide my time. It allowed me not to have to spend money at first on the water resources so I could get one power plant a bit sooner.

I think I actually started with a freeze plant first because it was cheaper (100 vs. 150) then sold it as soon as I had 50 coins I could spend on a powerplant.

One tip to make a bit more money is to click "close" when Morgana says you finished the quest. This can give you another day or a few days sometimes to just rack up the potions and coins. I was able to play the whole game with expert level on each level and still did this on certain quests. She'll just ignore you until you click "complete".

Go to: