Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for The Forgotten Fairly Tales: Canvases of Time here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 18, 18 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/18/2018 at 8:46:11 AM PST

DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Forgotten Fairly Tales: Canvases of Time here.

[Post New]by DeadRiver on Mar 18, 18 4:49 AM
Based on the Demo.
In the very beginning of the game, there was a lot of hoopla and excitement but it died down quickly because the characters were not developed at all and it was very hard to have any sympathy or compassion for them. I found all of them to be lackluster and one dimensional.
The game itself was choppy and discombobulated. The mini-puzzles were very simplistic and the hidden objects games, if you could call them that, were just too too simple.
This one is a " no - buy" for me. I'm going to demo the Collector's version to see if that is any better.

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Forgotten Fairly Tales: Canvases of Time here.

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Mar 18, 18 5:54 AM
amen.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Mar 18, 18 8:00 AM
@DeadRiver

perhaps the CE will help combobulate the SE's discombobulation? If not you can always blame it on the

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 18, 18 8:45 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for The Forgotten Fairy Tales: Canvases of Time! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on The Forgotten Fairy Tales: Canvases of Time.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Mar 19, 18 2:22 PM
Played both CE and SE demos. I did not think this was CE worthy because you could not replay hos or puzzles, so wanted to wait for this edition to be released. I used a pcc to purchase this SE edition. Am over half way through and it is very relaxing and not stressful. Gameplay flows well without an overwhelming amount of activity like someone had 50 cups of coffee while making it.

Although there is quite a bit of blues and purples, the graphics are very nice and the colors do add to the atmosphere of the game as well as the relaxation aspect of it. It may not be the best game, but is far from being the worst compared to everything else that has been released lately.

I am enjoying it.

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Mar 19, 18 2:57 PM
Based on completed game:

Wow, this game is so bad that it’s hard to review it without sounding insulting. It’s as if this team got together with several ideas that –if developed well- might have resulted in 2 or more good games. Instead, they chose to lump all of them into one game. Even worse, it feels as if they took long breaks in between and forgot to (or didn’t care to) connect one part to the other. End result? A disjointed, dysfunctional, nonsensical game that’s completely bizarre.

The story is simply ridiculous. So, there’s nothing to ‘unfold’ as such. There’s a bracelet and a lamp that fulfill a ‘thingummy in use’ effect every now and then. The dialogue is so silly that I didn’t bother reading any of it. HOPs (if you can call them so) are like random stickers pasted on a page by a 2-year-old kid for objects that need no effort to ‘find’ with a tiny font that’s hard to read. A couple of decent puzzles are present. Way too many cut scenes and blank ‘loading’ screens take up the rest of time along with tons of back-and-forth. Overall graphics lack detail……more of a cut and paste with some blending and bright lights.

All in all, there’s no real gameplay even if you ignore everything else (like I did). Even though I used a free coupon, it truly felt like an absolute waste of time and effort.

Go to: