bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Time Dreamer

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 11, 10 12:05 AM
Travel back in time with Time Dreamer in this fun and exciting Hidden Object game! Help our hero travel to the past and save his father, and even the world! Use this special ability for good as you attempt to make the future a worthwhile world to live in! Explore gorgeous scenes and find Hidden Objects to progress through your journey and succeed.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:Time Dreamer

[Post New]by jkuci on Jul 11, 10 12:19 AM
I just started but it looks like a really good one to me!

Pinky559
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Pinky559 on Jul 11, 10 12:28 AM
IT'S 3;20AM HERE. I DID 10 MINUTES OF THIS GAME. NOW I BETTER GET TO BED BEFORE THE SUN COMES UP. HOPEFULLY THIS GAME WILL BE BETTER THAN DCBOA.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jul 11, 10 12:54 AM
I loved this game! Great story line and play. If you play in the hard mode, the HOG scenes get really difficult.

There are eight chapters- check out the walkthrough here:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/time-dreamer-walkthrough/

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jul 11, 10 12:56 AM
I have played 15 minutes and it is looking good to me so I have come to buy it already.

C

mountfalcon
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by mountfalcon on Jul 11, 10 1:16 AM
I'm trying on 'relaxed' so I can go a reasonable distance in the demo period - the only thing I don't like so far is that in the HOG scenes a number of the objects seem rather small - more time seems to have been spent on the backgrounds, which are splendid. I also like the first 'transition' scene to the past: really nice to see a gradual change rather than a loading message and instant transformation. I'll try the rest of the demo before deciding on buying or not, but it looks promising so far.

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on Jul 11, 10 1:58 AM
D/L Fins crossed its a good one..
Still

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jul 11, 10 2:02 AM
This is a buy for me. Beautiful graphics, creepy sound effects, interesting storyline. I'm playing the expert version. Really enjoying it.

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Jul 11, 10 2:12 AM
I am not sure about this one as it is very dark on both my desktop and laptop. I like the gameplay (20 mins so far) but feel like getting a torch as well as a magnifier, lol. Wondering if it continues like this or is it just the effect of the house after being empty for so long. So will wait and see what more fishes think of it.

weeharleyboy
Shark
Shark
13,276 Posts

[Post New]by weeharleyboy on Jul 11, 10 2:13 AM
Really enjoying this one too!

Reached the end of Chapter 3 in the demo time - so doesn't look too long - but I wasn't playing in the 'hard' mode. Still worth a credit for me though!

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jul 11, 10 2:30 AM
I read the synopsis and thought "just another search game for the long-lost parent." I d/l'd the trial, got 1/2 way through and said "It's a buy!" Nice plot twist (time instead of a list of archaeological sites). Choices for custom cursor and casual or expert play mode always get my vote.The graphics are great, the sound track is eerily appropriate, and the ability to mouse-over the hidden-object list to see silhouettes is helpful. Gave one hint a try and it seemed to refresh in about a minute. I think this is going to be good one.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Jul 11, 10 2:31 AM
What an interesting game!

Pros: The story is very different. So far, it's a refreshing change from the find-your-archaeologist-grandpa stories that have been popping up lately. I'm not sure I can describe it without giving too much away. Nice graphics. Not the best, but still nice to look at. Hidden object scenes have some interactivity (opening drawers and whatnot), which I enjoy. There are two modes to choose from: one gives you sparkles to find where you need to go, and the other doesn't. The hard mode also has harder hidden object scenes. The music was unobtrusive, and the rest of the sounds were nice.

Cons: Lots of scenes are very dark. I found myself leaning closer to the screen to see things! Items may be somewhat small for some people, though it didn't bother me.

This isn't really a complaint, but the closeups on the first man you meet in the game-- Yikes! I did not need to be that close to his face!

Even though the game doesn't look particularly long (from looking through the walkthrough), it still looks like it'll be worth a purchase.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Jul 11, 10 3:37 AM
I like the plot scenario. Can you say Obama and BP?

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Jul 11, 10 3:58 AM
I'm on the fence about this one. I've played 30 minutes of the demo and finished Chapter One. I had to change to Windows mode to see entire screen and that for me is a big no-no. I have a 20" flat screen monitor and I don't want to have to start changing screen resolutions to find the "right" one to play this game with full screen. It's annoying that more developer/designers are not taking this into consideration.

The game itself is interesting and the graphics are good. Not too difficult to find objects unless you are in full screen mode with screen resolution problem and an object is off to the far right or left then you have to use a hint to find it.

For those who do not have a screen resolution problem and enjoy IHOG games, you will like this one.

Faylyn

[Post New]by chris122049 on Jul 11, 10 4:14 AM
I've only played 35 minutes of the demo and I have finished one chapter but so far, I think the game is terrific. Some hidden objects, some searching the room for interactive objects, some searching the room for hints, a great diary which helps me to know what to do next..........the graphics may be dark at times but to me, it's like the graphics of Return to Ravenhurst............very nice.........

This one is really tempting me to buy it!

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on Jul 11, 10 4:30 AM
tedderpic wrote: D/L Fins crossed its a good one..
Still

Played the hour...got to chapter3 in the future...Its a buy for me
I enjoyed what I have played in advanced mode and still have 5 chapter to go

2.5 out of 5......

[Post New]by heatherington on Jul 11, 10 4:47 AM
Okay fishys, most of you like this game. I had my doubts because it took my perfectly good piece of wire away from me when I tried to get into inFam. What was wrong with what I had? I had to go back to the mailbox and pull out another piece of paper to get the paper clip, what is up with that? I enjoy the game, just think that some of the items you have to find are a little far fetched. No reason I could not have gotten the crowbar out of the statues hand with a healthy jerk. But going to sleep near a clock and dreaming about the future or past, I find that a little much. Anyway game play is enjoyable and suitably challenging.

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Jul 11, 10 7:38 AM
Seems to be a little on the short side as I've reached chapter 4 in the hour demo but I'm still going to buy it anyway. Crisp graphics and an interesting storyline. The items in the HOG scenes are on the small side as I've had to often click on the object twice to pick it up but I can cope with that.

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Jul 11, 10 8:23 AM
Coronagold wrote:I like the plot scenario. Can you say Obama and BP?

Wooooooo!!

dewieee
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by dewieee on Jul 11, 10 8:46 AM
Fairly good game, but for those like me whose eyesight is not as good as it once was, it can be very challenging to find some of these tiny objects. Even with my glasses on, I found myself leaning in towards the screen to find them...that makes it a no buy for me. Also, I found you have to be very precise when clicking on those tiny objects. I clicked two or three times to pick up the item sometimes. Maybe if I had gone casual I could have had more hints, but who wants a game you have to use the hint with all the time?

Meh, I have 2 credits and no game to use them on. Sigh.

Edited on 07/11/2010 at 8:48:38 AM PST

Go to: