Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Mundus: Impossible Universe here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 19, 18 12:39 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/19/2018 at 8:55:46 AM PST

leacraw
Shark
Shark
14,048 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mundus: Impossible Universe here.

[Post New]by leacraw on Mar 19, 18 7:05 AM
While there isn't a timer in easy mode, there is a limited number of moves. I earned a hammer as a power-up but couldn't figure out how to use it. For these reasons, it's a no-buy for me.
As always, try for yourself.
Happy gaming!
lea

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 19, 18 8:55 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Mundus: Impossible Universe! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Mundus: Impossible Universe.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

MrPuzzler
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by MrPuzzler on Mar 19, 18 9:40 AM
Just drag bonus to any cell you want to break.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Mar 19, 18 9:41 AM
Nice colors, Nice flute music, but no relax mode. No but for me

MrPuzzler
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by MrPuzzler on Mar 19, 18 9:45 AM
On startup you should see "easy" mode selection dialog.

[Post New]by 930147683 on Mar 20, 18 2:38 PM
Excellent game . Just the right balance of being hard and able to improve your skills
and complete the level.
Thanks

dramajunkie
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,641 Posts

[Post New]by dramajunkie on Mar 20, 18 3:02 PM
MrPuzzler wrote:On startup you should see "easy" mode selection dialog.

Easy mode is not the same as Relaxed. Limited moves is not relaxing.

Luckystar18
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,663 Posts

[Post New]by Luckystar18 on Mar 20, 18 3:58 PM
Some mixed reviews here which is always helpful in selecting games I myself was a bit on the fence with this game at first but decided to buy it after the demo ended. I find it to be quite captivating and a bit addictive in trying to strategize the moves (I'm playing in limited ("Timed") moves mode). The graphics are colorful, well done and pleasing to the eye. I'm not one to utilize the music in games so I can't comment on that. I'm not a seasoned M3 player but find this to be just right for my taste in this genre.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Mar 21, 18 12:33 AM
This game is similar to Lost in Reefs: Antarctic (by the same company), except this one is much harder.

I got used to a game where I could stock up on bonuses and there were a lot more different kinds. It was possible to replay earlier levels as often as I liked, to earn more gems to buy bonuses.

I'm stuck now on one of the hard levels where I need the magnet, I've run out of magnets, have no way to get more because apparently there's no way to replay earlier levels to get more money. So I'm probably going to have to toss those 50+ levels and start over.

Wish I'd known that before buying this. I'm not very happy about it.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Please post your REVIEWS for Mundus: Impossible Universe here.

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Mar 23, 18 10:25 PM
Since I believe only this thread and the TECH ISSUES one are forwarded to the developer: Please see the extensive thread labeled "This Game has Potential, But......" at http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/1056161.page in this forum.

Thank you! (Moderator: No, this isn't a review, but it's a LINK to some otherwise proabably unnoticed reviews. So don't you think it belongs here?)

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by moonryu on Mar 24, 18 12:11 AM
This was a fun game until I hit the timed levels.
I don't like timed Matched 3.

So game deleted.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 24, 18 4:05 PM
I'm somewhere around level 51 as of this writing and am starting to wonder if the "impossible universe" was an inside joke with the developer. I'm generally considered to be quite good at M3s but the moves counter in normal mode is insanely tight and the sporadic "hard levels" appear winnable only if you keep buying moves several times. Don't want to have to play in relaxed mode since I don't want my games childishly easy, but am having a hard time believing the post elsewhere that it's possible to win the levels in normal mode without using powerups. Haven't made it to any timed levels yet but I think I'd take timed any day at this point - there aren't too many timers I can't beat in M3 games...

Graphics aren't bad, but the soundtrack didn't do anything for me and I shut it off almost right away. Noticed the sound and music icons are switched in the game options so if you want game sounds but no music, you have to have the music note icon on and the speaker icon off.

Would have been a much better game if it were based more on logic instead of luck and the moves counter were a bit more generous. It's OK for buying on sale, but I'd hope nobody paid full price for this one.

MrPuzzler
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by MrPuzzler on Mar 25, 18 2:51 AM
Every level was tested several times, and it is POSSIBLE to solve it without additional moves/time or bonuses. Yeah, you need some luck and should replay it several times to find weak places of the level, but once you found idea of the level - it's absolutely possible to break it!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 31, 18 3:01 PM
To update my earlier review now that I've finished both normal and easy modes:

Fun factor: 3.5/5 stars
Graphics: 4/5 stars
Music: 2/5 stars
Level of challenge: 5/5 in normal, 4/5 in easy
Storyline: no storyline
Overall: 3.5/5 stars

222 cleverly designed levels and quite a lot of unique gameplay features. There's a brief storyline video when you open the game for the very first time but that's all you'll ever see of any "story". Crisp, easy to see graphics and fun building component in between levels. Still think it needs better music and would have liked to not have things disappear when they get "upgraded". Odd player profile maintenance which is easy to miss in the main screen.

There are now 3 different levels of difficulty (normal limited moves, easy with more moves, and relaxed) to play in, but you are pretty much stuck with either super easy or super hard! There's no middle ground at all. Even experienced players should expect to frequently have to replay levels if playing in the normal mode because the moves counter is extremely tight. Average players will still be challenged by the easy mode. You don't earn gold rapidly enough in any mode to buy your way out of levels regularly. For such a well designed game otherwise, I was surprised the difficulty level wasn't more carefully considered (Easy was a total walk in the park for me, but Normal was more an exercise in frustration the first time around and on my second run through in Normal I'm still having to buy moves or powerups to get out of some levels).

The game did grow on me after a while, but I continue to maintain it needs a more reasonable "challenging" mode and less dependence on luck to win levels. If having to replay levels over and over isn't your thing, swallow your pride and play in Zen mode only or stick with playing in Easy if you're good. It is a great game otherwise if you persevere enough to give it a chance.

momdnarg
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by momdnarg on Apr 12, 18 2:05 PM
i am on level 81...it seems impossible. there are no instructoins ... does anyone have any tips on it. you dont have an option to skip it so we cannot play the game any more. very disappointing

momdnarg
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by momdnarg on Apr 12, 18 2:08 PM
i am playing in normal mode....how can i switch to easy mode.

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Apr 13, 18 4:52 AM
momdnarg wrote:i am playing in normal mode....how can i switch to easy mode.

You cannot, as far as I know, change modes without changing player profile.

On the start screen, where you see the different worlds, look in your top right corner.
You will see an image that represents the profile you're currently playing with; for me, a parrot. (To the right of that, you see a gear icon.)

Click on the profile button, a pop-up screen will appear with several choices. you see all profiles possible with the number 1 on them except the one you have been playing. That one should have a number corresponding with what level you left off with, and a green tick to indicate it is the active one.
Simply click on one of the other profiles to choose that one.

Next, go back to the start page, click the gear icon, choose the "advanced" tab, then click "reset game".
You will only reset your current profile, so you will not lose progress on your old profile if you remembered to switch profiles before resetting.

When you start the game you should get a question regarding normal or relaxed mode, after hitting play.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Apr 13, 18 8:13 AM
momdnarg wrote:i am on level 81...it seems impossible. there are no instructoins ... does anyone have any tips on it. you dont have an option to skip it so we cannot play the game any more. very disappointing

There's a thread currently on page 2 of this forum with tips for level 81.

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Apr 17, 18 3:00 AM
I played my first profile in 'easy' mode, and it was a dream .. I sailed through most of the levels and I found it relaxing and quite addictive. I loved the little man .. he seemed SO concerned when i had to re-do a level, and so happy when I succeeded. Loved it.

Then, I switched to 'hard' (who wants to sail through every level??) and within a few levels I grew to hate the little man for making me part with my hard-earned gold for paltry piffling power-ups that were never enough I got to level 112 (I think) and changed profiles, but for some reason It wouldn't let me choose the easy option for any of the other profiles. So after using up all my profiles and hitting the same brick wall every time, eventuallly, I just gave up.

Its a fascinating little game, great graphics, nice music and innovative ways to match .. and I really really tried, sometimes playing the same level over and over again for days, without power ups, until I cracked it .. but it's just too much effort for scant rewards.

Great shame.
Jo
(More gold and being allowed to play earlier levels to earn it, would have helped).

Go to: