zyayre
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

My game won't save!

[Post New]by zyayre on Nov 2, 08 8:32 AM
Have started this 3 times now and was on chapter 12 and when I logged back in, no save! I am so frustrated! Any suggestions! Seriously I am so done! Please reply to me via my email at zyayre2000@yahoo.com. Thanks
Kelley

Makaviti
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

Re:My game won't save!

[Post New]by Makaviti on Nov 2, 08 10:21 AM
Hold off on requesting a refund yet. I am trying to get an answer from tech support to post to the forums ASAP.

(if they do not have an answer, I expect a LOT of people will be requesting refunds on this as the game is really unplayable if you cannot save your progress)

Ynibor
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by Ynibor on Nov 3, 08 2:45 PM
It only saves when you finish a level and go through the pink tunnel thing. If you quit before you finish you will start at the beginning of that level. I finally finished the game last night ... it's kinda cute ... like it.

I was told in another thread that you are having a problem with it starting completely over ...

OMG! How terrible ... I was confused the first time it didn't save, thought that is what you were referring to ... should have know better ... there are real smart fishes in the pond! I hope BFG comes up with a solution for you.

Good Luck!

Edited on 11/03/2008 at 7:17:01 PM PST

Ynibor
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by Ynibor on Nov 4, 08 6:40 PM
Just trying to help ... I apologize if you have already have done this ... I love this game and really hope this works for you ... did you see this post?

New Build for Mushroom Age - 10/30/08
by bfgAegean on Oct 30, 08 10:11 AM
Hello everyone! I just thought I'd let you know that Big Fish Games has published a new build of Mushroom Age that is available for download. This new build addresses the issues many users were having in which they could not progress past the first puzzle of the game that involved waking the professor.

If you are unsure of how to get a new build of a game, then take a look at our help topic entitled Uninstall / Reinstall a Game.

You can download the new build of Mushroom Age by clicking here.

Thank you for visiting the forums, and happy gaming!

Makaviti
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by Makaviti on Nov 4, 08 9:07 PM
I actually downloaded the new build from the start. I have gotten an initial response from tech support but no answer yet (they required more information on the situation and my computer settings).

One suggestion they DID offer that may be helpful to some..... Make sure you are running the program under your administration account (or get your parent's to give you admin privileges for the game if you are playing on a family computer under your own account).

I am the admin on my computer and only use that account so that does not apply to me, but maybe it will help someone else.

Makaviti
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by Makaviti on Nov 5, 08 8:06 AM
Here is my exact problem and system props in case they help. What operating system is everyone using?

When I begin the game, it never gives me the option to choose or create a player. It just starts going with the car approaching the lab. If I create a player or two it does show my player name and tell me that it has saved the progress at each chapter. However, when I exit and reopen the game, it starts me right back at the beginning. If I go to the Main Menu to choose a player, all players created are gone.

I am under the administrator account and this is the only Big Fish Game I have this problem with.

I am running Vista Ultimate with Service Pack 1 (64 bit)
AMD Turion X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile ZM-86 2.40 GHz 4 GB RAM

[Post New]by dimar123 on Nov 5, 08 8:30 AM
My game wont save either, unsure what to do.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Nov 5, 08 8:35 AM
I'm so sorry you're having problems with the game. If you haven't done so, I recommend you run and save your dxdiag file. Then, contact Tech Support via link below right and attach the dxdiag file. Knowing how your PC is configured may help them determine the problem and help resolve the issue. Good Luck

[Post New]by rallygirl on Nov 5, 08 1:10 PM
Hi, I brought Mushroom Age a couple of weeks ago and not had any problems with it. Only thing I don't like as someone else said, is that unless you finish the level your on before closing it down , you have to restart from that level again. Apart from that, loved the game, took me four evenings to finish.

My game won't save!

[Post New]by straats on Nov 9, 08 1:15 PM
zyayre wrote:Have started this 3 times now and was on chapter 12 and when I logged back in, no save! I am so frustrated! Any suggestions! Seriously I am so done! Please reply to me via my email at zyayre2000@yahoo.com. Thanks
Kelley

If you are a Window Vista user, start the game as Administrator

Makaviti
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by Makaviti on Nov 9, 08 3:46 PM
Generally, the run as admin works....but not for this game. You will have to uninstall the game, inactivate your firewall and antivirus and reinstall the game. I never need to do this for other Big Fish Games, but apparantly the "save" option for this particular game runs like a virus or something.

Anyway, I was able to get it to work by doing this.

[Post New]by coreyb420 on Jun 18, 09 7:44 AM
i have five different youda games and all have exactily the same problem. i even found the save files, they are still there but the game doesnt read them. i tried the admin thing but that didnt work.

uhoo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by uhoo on Jul 13, 09 12:29 PM
I had the same problem about Mushroom Age not saving and in the end they had to give me another game to replace it. I would still like to be able to play as it is a fun game.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,098 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Dec 19, 09 2:54 PM
The game will do it's own automatic save at the end of each level. Just make sure that you go through the tunnel before you quit.

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,085 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Apr 20, 10 9:21 PM
i have only started the game today, and didtnt realise either, that i had to wait until completed a chapter, before it would save my game play (and then forgot a 2nd time) so had to replay some sections twice...a bit frustrating i know..especially if you do have to stop in a hurry...

anyway..enjoying the game so far..interesting and different..

Go to: