holofernes
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Lost wrench

[Post New]by holofernes on Jul 11, 10 11:39 AM
In the bar, collected all objects. Exited game. returned to find no wrench. Have tape and half-full mug but cannot change pump handle to other keg. Can still pull up objects, but no wrench there and no possibility of picking anything else up. Has anyone else had this problem? Most irritating - must I exit the game on a permanent basis?

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Lost wrench

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 11, 10 12:26 PM
holofernes wrote:In the bar, collected all objects. Exited game. returned to find no wrench. Have tape and half-full mug but cannot change pump handle to other keg. Can still pull up objects, but no wrench there and no possibility of picking anything else up. Has anyone else had this problem? Most irritating - must I exit the game on a permanent basis?

I'm so sorry you've run into that--I know it's very frustrating.

This is a known technical problem from the first version of the game. If you have a PC, it was fixed in the update version that was released July 7. So the first thing to do is to check which version of the game you have.

After you start the scene, click on the MENU icon in the lower left corner. If one of the options it to restart the level, then you have the updated version. In that case, the fix for the glitch is to choose restart. You do have to play through just that chapter again, you don't have to go back to the beginning of the game.

If you don't see the Restart option, and you have a PC, then you have the older version of the game. You should be able to uninstall, then download the new version and install it, and this time you should have a restart option.

If that doesn't fix the problem, probably the best thing is to get n touch with Customer Service by clicking on the green envelope in the right column. They should be able to help one way or another.

I'm sorry I can't help more than that--I'm not a techie person.

Good luck!
Robin

Go to: