MrPuzzler
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

What do you want to see in the next version of Mundus?

[Post New]by MrPuzzler on Mar 20, 18 12:00 PM
What do you want to see in the next version of Mundus?

Audreyfavre
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

Re:What do you want to see in the next version of Mundus?

[Post New]by Audreyfavre on Mar 20, 18 12:32 PM
Hi MrPuzzler!

Thanks for asking.

A limited moves option would be nice. Also some mini-games to break up the monotony of playing M3 boards over and over again.

Audrey

**Edited as of 26 March: After playing on and off for several days, I have to change my answer. Limited moves are what makes this game. I would never have bought a game with limited moves before, but I didn't realize that it can add another dimension of fun.

Also, you don't have to pay to keep playing a level. When the window pops up to ask for 200 coins to keep playing, close that window. Another one will pop up asking if you want to retry. This is free.

Audrey

Edited on 03/26/2018 at 7:05:40 AM PST

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Mar 20, 18 12:32 PM
For my part, I wish for an option to re-play levels for more gold. Alternatively, that you get to keep your gold also on levels you don't win, to accumulate gold for the powerups.
This way one can play the limited moves mode and still feel it is not impossible.

Another thing, I would love a possibility to change from limited moves, to timed mode - if limited moves proves to hard on a specific level. Or vice versa, of course.

As to the aesthetics, it would be interesting if these different buildings and things you buy on the map would have a practical impact also on other worlds. On the first world you get bombs and rockets and stuff when you build certain buildings - but on later worlds (I am still on Flowerland so don't know about other worlds), nothing really happens when you build.
Building seemingly has no purpose, and that does get slightly boring, to be honest. Perhaps you could introduce a powerup that gives extra moves, or extra time. If that is not something already in the game on later worlds...

I do like the graphics, it is very soothing, but the music is getting on my nerves after countless re-plays... More music choices would be great.

MrPuzzler
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by MrPuzzler on Mar 20, 18 12:39 PM
Thanks for your feedback. We review every word and make adjustments for the next game.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Mar 21, 18 12:51 AM
Replayable levels to earn gold to buy the bonuses. It's frustrating to replay levels a dozen times in order to get extra moves that makes me feel like the game is patting me on the head and saying, "Oh, dear; you seem rather incompetent and dumb at this level so I'm going to help you out here...".

A bonus like in Lost in Reefs: Antarctic that is like an arrow that eliminates the top layer of a horizontal row of tiles/chains/boxes.

Let us determine how many of each kind of bonus we want to buy at a time, as long as we have the money.

I'm not crazy about the music. The music for Lost in Reefs: Antarctic is fantastic; I never tire of listening to it. This game, however... is a bit annoying after awhile. It's not the worst, but not something I'd listen to without the game going on.

MrPuzzler
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by MrPuzzler on Mar 23, 18 6:39 AM
Just to let know you, we already integrated "Zen" mode - unlimited mode. Plan to make update on BFG site soon. Stay tuned.

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by moonryu on Mar 23, 18 2:15 PM
I like the unlimited mode. Somedays I just want to zen.

It would be nice if we could customize the cursor.
I really like the graphics, but use aged challenged the cursor sometimes hard to see.

Thank you for making crisp / clear graphics on a background that you can actually see them on.

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by linda43416 on Mar 24, 18 7:06 AM
Here is my 2cents worth! I think there is too little time allowed on timed levels. You can't possibly plan any moves or anticipate next moves, ever, there just isn't enough time. Nothing lands where you think it will, therefore can't anticipate next move. No way is it set up to earn enough coins to compensate for too little time or moves and to buy extra to keep playing. I love a challenge, but this is beyond challenge, right straight to frustrating! No one wants to play levels for a zillion tries and there just isn't enough coins to buy more, the more is pretty skimpy also. I agree the music is nice for awhile, after that it is annoying. With a few adjustments to equal out the level of challenge verses fun level, could be an amazing game though. I like all the different kind of challenges provided on levels, that is a good thing. Just needs a little tweaking to make a really fun game.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 24, 18 1:18 PM
I'm only on level 15 but will have to agree with others that some levels take a lot of tries to get past if you don't want to use all your powerups. I like the challenges so far, but it would be nice to have a game based upon logic instead of luck. (The best example I can think of is Jewel Quest Heritage, where if you knew the strategy for the level, the game would work with you to make winning easier.) On the more challenging boards it seemed the "hard" part was more about getting lucky with a good setup or having the tiles fall in just right.

A more typical way of being able to create player profiles would be great. I had to play around with the game options and get back to the main screen before I noticed the little icon near the top right which is your "profile". With there being only 5 different icons I'm wondering if you can't have any more than that and the only way to erase saved games would be to delete the saved game file from the appdata folder?

Edited on 03/24/2018 at 4:18:25 PM PST

MrPuzzler
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by MrPuzzler on Mar 25, 18 2:53 AM
Game has 5 different "slots" aka profiles. You can reset it via Settings menu -> advanced tab -> Reset game button. It will reset current profile.

MrPuzzler
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by MrPuzzler on Mar 26, 18 4:34 AM
Yes, some levels are very tricky ... but we spent months to test it, and all are doable! Compare Normal mode as climbing to Everest (very hard, but you get satisfaction after you completed it), Easy mode - simple tracking (not so hard, but you have to apply some skills) and Zen mode (coming soon on BFG) is like walking in park and feeding birds. Everyone should find own perfect mode.

Edited on 03/26/2018 at 4:35:50 AM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 26, 18 6:29 AM
Thanks for all your feedback and participation in the forums MrPuzzler, we gamers appreciate it! Although I like my M3s hard, I still think normal mode in this game is a bit too much. Nobody wants to have to play levels over and over all the time or have to buy moves regularly - that takes away from the overall fun factor, which is why everyone plays a game to begin with. I will try the easy mode after I finish normal, but suspect I will get bored with it. If you don't have a zen (relaxed) mode in games these days you will get complaints from the lower level players so it helps your sales to include a super easy mode. I've been playing M3s for so long I remember when the vast majority of them were timed only AND they were the predominant genre over HOGs until about 2008 at least on the gaming site I was on before migrating here...don't know why there's so much whining over timers and now move counters these days but that's just me.

Something a little less hard than the current normal mode would have been just right for me.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Mar 26, 18 2:31 PM
So... I finished the game last night and... nothing. I got a "congratulations for finishing this planet" message, but absolutely nothing saying "congratulations for finishing the game."

It was just suddenly over.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 27, 18 6:28 AM
@Valkara: Yes, I thought that was quite the letdown too after struggling through all of normal mode! I noticed the level counter went back to level 1 so you can replay in the same mode in that profile so at least replaying isn't a big deal like it is with some other games. It would have been better to have a map layout of the levels though since I enjoy being able to pull levels up on demand.

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Mar 28, 18 1:15 PM
I just wanted to add my voice as well to confirm the letdown at the end of the game, as SynthpopAddict and Valkara have expressed. This is especially true after the Mt. Everest mode, and fireworks would have been totally appropriate to celebrate! (Even exploding asteroids would have worked too).

One thing I noticed after I also completed the easy mode last night is that when you finish and you're asked if you want to restart, the gold you have remaining is still reflected under that profile....So....I thought maybe I'll say yes to restart and see if that gold will carry over to a new game (wishful thinking)! But, noooo....the next popup asks you: "Are you sure? You'll lose all your gold" (or something to that effect). My question is what would I use the gold for if I didn't restart? LOL - just sayin .

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 29, 18 8:09 AM
Having your leftover moves and powerups remaining on the board convert to gold in an end level popup dialog instead of having the leftovers explode and then having free powerups put into the board racking up gold. This wasn't too tedious in normal mode since you usually don't have much left when you win, but on my current profile in easy mode I swear I'm spending as much time waiting for the game to finish playing itself at the end of levels as I am actually playing levels!

MrPuzzler
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by MrPuzzler on Mar 29, 18 9:03 AM
SynthpopAddict, agree, need to fix it.

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Mar 29, 18 9:34 AM
In my post above I was referring to the very end when you have completed level 222, and then it reverts to level 1. Your gold remaining after level 222 is still shown as if it's still available. I just thought it was kind of funny that when you click on level 1, it asks you if you want to restart a new game, and if you accept, the message pops up asking are you sure, you'll lose all your gold. (my joke fell short, because all I was saying is that you can't use that gold anymore anyway!)

As far as what SynthpopAddict was saying regarding waiting on easy mode levels to finish doing it's "thing" with all the unused moves -- I thought the same thing -- although I don't mind waiting while I'm watching all that gold racking up!

Sorry, I'm getting off topic in this thread -- I mainly wanted to clarify the second paragraph in my previous post.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 29, 18 9:44 AM
LOL I think it was Mysti who posted elsewhere asking what the shaman was doing with all the gold he collects from you when you buy moves/time...the whole taking all your gold away if you restart on a previously finished profile must be going towards that guy's retirement fund. He must be terraforming a planet somewhere else that we can't see.

MrPuzzler
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by MrPuzzler on Mar 29, 18 2:35 PM
Hey! New update! Zen mode available now!

Go to: