satchel49
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

very confused about the upcoming spring event

[Post New]by satchel49 on Mar 20, 18 12:33 PM
a couple of questions as i do not wish to miss my very first event.

WHY do i need a bunch of separate friends to fulfill my spring event. why won't the "friends" i have accumulated (45) help me with them?

HOWdo i create a separate id # with SE behind it and it not interfere with my current friends list?

IF i don't create a new bunch will i miss out on it all?

this game is very intriguing and i am loving the story line, i am working on my 7th page of "friends" and since u can only send 5 friends a day, i have it down to one page a day. hopefully i have what u need. not much red items yet but i just got to "town" so i imagine those items are coming.

thanks for any info on my queries! happy gaming!

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

Re:very confused about the upcoming spring event

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Mar 20, 18 1:31 PM
You may have enough friends, if you have limited time to play. If you have lots of time to play,yes...grab some extra event friends!

During the Spring Event, their is an HOS in the private spring rooms.
You can play that scene just once per day...but you can also play it in Each spring room displayed by your friends.

The special scene may very well drop more spring inventory than the regular scenes, and many players hope an extra suprise this year...because our recently added Christmas Rm #2 paid out more cojn than regular scenes (200 coins each!)AND had more than one special hos!!!
As for putting letters behind your game name, like SE...No, i wouldnt bother. It just makes it more confusing.

List new event friends on paper for yourself.

Some may become regular friends, and you'll want to have everybody's ID numbers anyway, right?

There is a great thread here somewhere...you can find in a search. Think the title is
If you're new to seasonal events

Cant find for you just now as am away from pc and just texting here from phone.

Edited on 03/20/2018 at 1:44:19 PM PST

LillieCat55
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by LillieCat55 on Mar 20, 18 2:08 PM
Hi, satchel49! I'll try to respond to your questions, at least add to the advice susiewastaken has given. There is an achievement connected with the special HOS in the spring room, called Spring Hunt, which requires you to complete the Spring Terrace HOS 1000 times for the highest level. That's why you may want more friends; you can do the HOS in every room, but only once in every room per day. If the event lasts 40 days, for example, and you have 25 friends who have their spring room open, you can complete the achievement if you do the HOS in every room every day. There is a complete list of the Spring Event achievements here:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/611029.page

(copy and paste that into your browser, then scroll down, the Spring Event achievements are near the bottom)

You might also want to check out the thread that susiewastaken mentioned "If you're new to Seasonal Events" here:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/873246.page

You can change your game name, if you want to add SE to it, by clicking on your avatar in the upper left corner, then clicking on the name bar, and editing that. It isn't necessary, but some do.

You don't NEED to add any more friends to take full advantage of the event, so please don't worry about that. I keep a much smaller friends list than you do, so when the three special HOSs showed up in this year's Winter Event, I did add some friends to take advantage of it. In addition, there are plenty of things to do and collect, new pets to craft, and possibly a Castle Challenge or mini-event thrown in along the way. Have fun!

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Mar 20, 18 3:08 PM
I just want to add, you can send 15 gifts per day
There are 3 gifting periods, which you can send 5 gifts per period. Has to be different friends in a day.
Didn't know if you knew that since you said you can only send 5 per day.
The times depend on your time zone. Starts at MC day and every 8 hours after that.
I hope this helps.

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Mar 20, 18 4:44 PM
IF YOU DO DECIDE YOU NEED MORE EVENT FRIENDS. THERE IS A LIST OF 6 IN PC ROOMS TO LET. I BUMPED IT TO THE FIRST PAGE.

THEY ARE GAMES I HAVE JUST FOR THE ROOMS FOR EVENTS. YOU ARE WELCOME TO JOIN THE 60 OR MORE PEOPLE WHO HAVE JOINED THEM.

I DO NOT EXPECT YOU TO GIFT THEM THEY ARE JUST ROOMS TO USE FOR EVENTS.

OR HELP SOMEONE MOVE INVENTORY TO ANOTHER GAME.

IF YOU DO COME JUST IGNORE ANY WISH LIST THEY MAY HAVE. THEY WILL BE HELPING SOMEONE.

Edited on 03/20/2018 at 4:47:55 PM PST

[Post New]by Susanna502 on Mar 20, 18 9:07 PM
Also, the "red" items on wishlists are just items you don't have in your inventory. When you click on them a box will tell you how much it would cost to send to your friend. Some are pretty expensive, but a lot of the ones that are most common and least expensive are needed for a lot of ZZ. That's why they show up so often on lists and why you may not have any on your inventory. They may only cost 30 or 50 coins.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 21, 18 9:47 AM
During the Winter Event.....the Christmas Room 2 brought with it 3 new HOSs ......to have 100 friends for this event may be a bit too much for some players who want to try to enter all rooms of all friends.....that would be 303 (including your own room) per day. I can do about 60 rooms in an hour if I JUST concentrate on them.....so, it would take me 5 hours a day just to go into each of these private room HOSs. .........but, for Winter Event, it was very, very, very lucrative to do as many as you could because the payout was not just 200 coins, but 250 coins when the room was maxed out.

Also, there was no achievement created for visiting the Winter HOSs for x number of times......I can only imagine that it would have been quite high, since the Spring Hunt achievement was to visit the Spring Terrace 1000 times and we only had the one HOS.

Spring Event may be a bit different ...... last year there was only one HOS ..... and it only paid out the regular 50 coins when maxed out.......If you had 100 friends, and visited all their rooms a day, that would yield only 101 (including your own) HOS visits a day........It would take me about 1.5 hours to go into each room.......and it would take 10 days of doing this to get the final amount for the Spring Hunt achievement.

The events generally last about 40 days........so, if you wanted to try for Spring Hunt, it could easily be accomplished with only 25 friends .... visiting each and every one every day...........and that only works if they have open and keep open their Spring Room......There will be some players who never open that room.....and there will be some players who will close their room before the event ends......So, many players will try to have a "bonus" amount of friends to allow for those contingencies.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 21, 18 9:51 AM
Oh........ and you cannot create a separate ID with SE after it.......In the past, players have put SE after their game name .......but, this can be confusing because if all players did that, then I would have no way of actually KNOWING which ones are my regular/keep friends and which ones I gathered for the Spring Event.....

I put SE after my name last year, and some of my regular friends deleted my account at the conclusion of the event.

Desertdruid offered a very good solution......She keeps 3 lists in the notes section of her iPhone......a list is her regular friends......a second list is her event friends......and another list for former friends......

This serves 2 functions.....it lets someone know who is actually a permanent friend.....as well as provides a backup in case something happens to your device and Customer Support needs to transfer your game to a new device.

Also.......many of us just take on new friends ......they know they are not expected to gift and they just hang out waiting for the next event ...... keeps down the maintenance of adding/removing friends every time an event comes around.....although, some experience difficulties with the social page if they maintain too many friends and they need to pare it down to avoid those problems.

Edited on 03/21/2018 at 9:53:58 AM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Mar 21, 18 10:02 AM
Another reason why people will want to play as many spring terraces as possible is the drop zones.

Each HOS will give you:

1) top hat, bow tie, rattle or carrot
2) airship item
3) fireflower, iris, spring flower, snowdrop, chocolate, jelly candies, nuts, or carrot
4) coins

In addition, you may (or may not) receive:

5) pet food, stamp, or pink box
6) energy unit
7) puzzle piece (if you haven't already collected all the pieces)

Having the carrot available in 2 drop slots is a huge help.

satchel49
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by satchel49 on Mar 21, 18 2:43 PM
thank you all that took the time to answer my questions! i do very much appreciate the help! i went through my friends list and at least 80% had their spring rooms open! yay! now to just sit back and wait for the event!

on a completely different topic: that is some doorbell at the castle gate!

on my way to "do the rounds, do the rounds do the rounds"@

Edited on 03/21/2018 at 2:45:03 PM PST

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Mar 21, 18 10:40 PM
satchel49 wrote:

on a completely different topic: that is some doorbell at the castle gate!

Aren't they grand?

There is an achievement for clicking on them every day in a row (for 30 days) called Knight Lord.

(Click on your in-game avatar to see your achievement page.)

Go to: