Dark Parables: Return of the Salt Princess

[Post New]by SukiCharlie on Mar 20, 18 3:33 PM
I downloaded the trial and played it with no problem. I purchased the game, and it will not install, I get an Error 5 message. Following the steps does not fix the problem.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Dark Parables: Return of the Salt Princess

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 20, 18 3:44 PM
Hello SukiCharlie,

Welcome to the forums. I've moved this thread over to the Dark Parables: Return of the Salt Princess Collector's Edition forum, that way other players can read what has been experienced in this specific game. I'm sorry to hear that this has occurred. It sounds like there is an Error 5 code, and that following the suggested steps from our help pages hasn't assisted.

In this case, since it sounds like troubleshooting didn't help, it might be best to contact our Technical Support Team so they can assist with ensuring you're not stuck with a game you're unable to play. Be sure to let them know what the title of the game is as well as the specific steps you've already taken to resolve the issue. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they can.

If you'd like to try another step that may help before that, I recommend seeing if giving the game increased permissions can assist in resolving this error quickly as running a game as an Administrator may help with there seems to be something blocking the game from running properly. The steps on how to do that are linked below:

Run Game as Administrator

You may also have some luck uninstalling and reinstalling the game, as this may help resolve issues where an installation has encountered trouble and is displaying an error when trying to play. For steps on how to do that, please see our help page article below:

Uninstall and Reinstall a Game

Since this is discussing a technical issue, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread and request further discussion of technical issues in this specific game be provided to the designated thread below:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Parables: Return of the Salt Princess Collector's Edition her

Thank you for your understanding and patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: