twvpb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

This is....

[Post New]by twvpb on Mar 20, 18 11:14 PM
I just want to say ...This is CRAP!! To just shut this game down with no notice or anything & then to not tell any one for the first few days!! I am soooo disappointed in BF. I had 4 manors & had been playing from the start. I still played daily. Why couldn't they just let it go the way it was???

Re:This is....

[Post New]by Shesoncue on Mar 21, 18 12:01 AM
I agree its such a bummer. I played everyday also.

[Post New]by ZealousSloth on Mar 21, 18 1:14 AM
Agreed.

You know ... I wonder how many people played DM in total. Might be worth doing a post trying to find out, but I fear a lot of peeps have already un-installed the game & therefore access to the message boards for it (Mods said they removed the game from ALL platforms, so it won't show as available to download again).

Still, maybe worth a shot - possible petition for a more detailed explanation from BF as to what exactly happened, why it can't be fixed (or at least left as is but still available) or repaired/improved & made a "pay for" game option rather than this!!

Just musing out loud ... ;-)

twvpb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by twvpb on Mar 21, 18 10:59 AM
ZealousSloth wrote:Agreed.

You know ... I wonder how many people played DM in total. Might be worth doing a post trying to find out, but I fear a lot of peeps have already un-installed the game & therefore access to the message boards for it (Mods said they removed the game from ALL platforms, so it won't show as available to download again).

Still, maybe worth a shot - possible petition for a more detailed explanation from BF as to what exactly happened, why it can't be fixed (or at least left as is but still available) or repaired/improved & made a "pay for" game option rather than this!!

Just musing out loud ... ;-)

I agree. I don't see why they couldn't just let it run. I mean they stopped doing sales on items & land awhile ago. I know several of my neighbors still played daily too. And some had multiple manors also. What's even worse is if I'd known they were going to shut it down I would have taken pics of my manors!!! I'm not deleting just incase! =-/

Edited on 03/21/2018 at 11:05:37 AM PST

zed_dee2
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

This is....

[Post New]by zed_dee2 on Mar 21, 18 12:05 PM
twvpb wrote:I just want to say ...This is CRAP!! To just shut this game down with no notice or anything & then to not tell any one for the first few days!! I am soooo disappointed in BF. I had 4 manors & had been playing from the start. I still played daily. Why couldn't they just let it go the way it was???

Absolutely agree! This is appalling customer 'service'! BFG has jerked us- paying customers mind- around so often over DM. They shouldn't be allowed to get away with it

I've cancelled my membership. I won't give another penny to a company that treats its customers with such contempt.

I'd just like to say thank you to my loyal friends & neighbours. Hopefully we can 'meet' again in another game somewhere else where we get treated with some respect.

Zed (played as Hovel, Shack & Ruin)

toomuchsht
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,155 Posts

[Post New]by toomuchsht on Mar 25, 18 8:55 AM
I realize this was a "Free to play" game, but who really played for free?? Not me! I paid real money to update and play this game over many years. What happed to the promise that "It's yours to play forever"??? I would like my money back!! Yeah, like that's going to happen. A couple free game credits is too much to ask?? Dream on!!

I expect it took too much space to keep all these manors forever whether that were actively playing or not. I know I tried to delete many manors that had not played in months, but the kept showing up because hey had given me gifts I hadn't used.

I truly miss my morning DM time. It's almost like I am in mourning for the game. I just don't know what to do. It was my go to game when I needed to be quiet while my Alzheimer's afflicted mom slept during the day. I had to be near, but quiet. No other game has kept my attention for so long quite like this one. Good bye old friend.

Edited on 03/27/2018 at 7:27:24 AM PST

twvpb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by twvpb on Mar 25, 18 1:32 PM
[i]I hadn't even thought about how much money I'd spent or remembered the "free to play for life"!!!!!! Now I'm really p*##@d off!!!! Hopefully they'll read these posts & bring it back!!
toomuchsht wrote:I realize this was a "Free to play" game, but who really played for free?? Not me! I paid real money to update and play this game over many years. What happed to the promise that "It's your to play forever"??? I would like my money back!! Yeah, like that's going to happen. A couple free game credits is too much to ask?? Dream on!!

I expect it took too much space to keep all these manors forever whether that were actively playing or not. I know I tried to delete many manors that had not played in months, but the kept showing up because hey had given me gifts I hadn't used.

I truly miss my morning DM time. It's almost like I am in mourning for the game. I just don't know what to do. It was my go to game when I needed to be quiet while my Alzheimer's afflicted mom slept during the day. I had to be near, but quiet. No other game has kept my attention for so long quite like this one. Good bye old friend.

Edited on 03/25/2018 at 1:33:11 PM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 25, 18 2:00 PM
Hello Everyone,

We certainly understand how this situation could be frustrating or upsetting for our players. The removal of this game was not an easy decision, but unforeseen circumstances led to us no longer being able to sustain the game. We greatly appreciate the passion of our dedicated players who have devoted their time and creativity to Dark Manor over the years.

If there are concerns our players would like addressed further, please PM one of our active Moderators or send an email to our Customer Support Team. We'll be happy to do whatever we can to help.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by ZealousSloth on Mar 25, 18 2:42 PM

Mods -

You're right, as you can see from the numerous posts - it is upsetting to have a game you've played for years suddenly & completely ... gone.

I'm sure what's adding to the FRUSTRATION is the lack of an actual (non-gibberish) explanation as to why ... " it was a hard decision, lack of unforeseen circumstances, no longer able to sustain", etc.

A bit of a triple whammy if you ask me - 1.) game completely gone with no notice, 2.) Lack of explanation that is understandable to your devoted customers who have spent a great deal of time & money with Big Fish, and 3.) No attempts to really do much of anything to hang on to those customers under their considerably upset postings on this matter.

You're sending a strong message to everyone that customer service & satisfaction just really isn't very important - at least insofar as your players of DM.

Just my two cents, do with it what you will, or won't.

[Post New]by Topaz815 on Mar 25, 18 9:24 PM
Apparently us little fish are expendable to the ‘big fish’. We didn’t spend enough REAL money to make the game worth keeping. Although we feed the ‘big fish’ it’s never satisfied. A compromise would’ve been nice, a win-win if you will. Spend a little more effort to appease all and offer to sell the damn game. I guess it was easier to pull it from all platforms without ANY prior notice!

Great vent! Best of luck to all my fellow ‘little fish’!

twvpb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by twvpb on Mar 26, 18 9:48 AM
bfgArinelle wrote:Hello Everyone,

We certainly understand how this situation could be frustrating or upsetting for our players. The removal of this game was not an easy decision, but unforeseen circumstances led to us no longer being able to sustain the game. We greatly appreciate the passion of our dedicated players who have devoted their time and creativity to Dark Manor over the years.

If there are concerns our players would like addressed further, please PM one of our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/672143.page">active Moderators</a> or send an email to our <a href="https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230538107">Customer Support Team</a>. We'll be happy to do whatever we can to help.

bfgArinelle
If you understand then do something about it!!! Because from where we all sit it surely doesn't look like you/BF does or cares tbh. Like Topaz815 said "sell the game" or something. I sat down last night & figured out how much money I spent on this game....let's just say the amount is obscene. As I'm sure a lot of other players are the same. I won't be making the same "mistake" again in the future. (not trying to take my frustration out on you-I'm sure you're missing the game too. js)

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 27, 18 2:01 PM
Hello again Everyone,

I do understand how this sort of situation can be difficult for players of a beloved game. It's something I've experienced before too, so I get where everyone's coming from. Our Moderator team is not always provided specific information about why decisions of this nature are made; as this is one of those cases, we are unable to elaborate further on the subject. I sincerely apologize for not having more information on this subject.

Our Moderators do not have the ability to change such decisions, but we are always happy to advocate for our players. One way we do this is by passing along feedback from threads like this to the appropriate teams. We're unable to guarantee that this will lead to any particular change, but I do want to reassure that we will make sure our players' voices are heard.

To help consolidate things into a single thread to make it easier to pass along feedback on this subject, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. If there are additional concerns or questions, please post them in the offline thread. You can also PM one of our active Moderators with questions. We will be glad to listen and assist however we can.

bfgArinelle

Go to: