Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 7 here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 21, 18 12:38 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 03/21/2018 at 9:23:37 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 7 here.

[Post New]by St_Pauli on Mar 21, 18 12:49 AM
Hi there,
the game starts but only one quart (upper left part) of the first site ist shown. So I can't reach the settings and can't do anything else but quit.
Playing on a Mac, HighSierra 10.13.3
Any hints for me?

Gamer_Geek
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Gamer_Geek on Mar 21, 18 5:27 AM
I am having the same issue as St_Pauli on a PC with Win10. I also have dual monitors, but the graphics do not extend to the second monitor (they shouldn't and don't for any other game).

Is there some way to change the resolution prior to launching the game?

fears
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by fears on Mar 21, 18 7:07 AM
Also having the same technical issue on my MacBook Pro running MacOS High Sierra 10.13.1.

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Mar 21, 18 7:27 AM
There was long delay between scenes, about four to five seconds.

When I exited the game my Windows 10 pc hung up for a few minutes. However I was able to go back in and finish eventually.

All my drivers are up to date.

Edited on 03/21/2018 at 10:38:16 AM PST

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Mar 21, 18 8:21 AM
I had the upper left corner issue as well, although mine cleared and I was able to continue the demo.

The game is sluggish in a very noticeable and annoying way.

I'm using a Windows 10 laptop.

Judes
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Judes on Mar 21, 18 8:28 AM
Same issue here with MacBook Pro, 13", HighSierra 10.13.3

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 21, 18 9:23 AM
Howdy Everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct these types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgIlinalta

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 21, 18 9:32 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report your experiences while playing Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 7. It sounds like there are some performance issues as well as display ones, and I'd like to provide some suggestions that could assist.

St_Pauli, fears, Judes, it sounds like the game starts in the upper left quadrant of the screen rather than full screen. While players may be able to use this smaller screen to change settings in the game to resolve this, I wanted to also suggest seeing if the following page of suggested steps can help quickly resolve the issue:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

The above steps are able to help with general troubleshooting issues, such as when a game isn't displaying as expected. If this doesn't seem to help, please contact our Support Team using the steps below.

Gamer_Geek, steve_san, and Valkara, it sounds like you may be playing on PC, and likely on Windows 10. If you're playing on Windows, the following operating system specific steps may help resolve graphical issues being seen:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Windows 10 users may find additional suggested steps below:

Windows 10

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, I recommend contacting our Customer Support Team with the title of the game and what seems to be occurring as well as what you would like to have done. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and I hope this is helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

pinkbear022
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by pinkbear022 on Mar 21, 18 12:37 PM
I'm having the same issue. I'm playing on a MacBook.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 21, 18 2:58 PM
Hello pinkbear022,

I'm sorry there have been display troubles in Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 7. Lowering the computer's screen resolution might fix the issue.

To lower a Mac's screen resolution:

1. Open the Apple menu.
2. Select System Preferences.
3. Click on the Displays icon.
4. Select the Display tab to lower the screen resolution.
5. Try playing your game again.

Email our Technical Support Team if the game still won't display properly.

Thanks for your patience and for reaching out. You're always welcome to PM me or another moderator if new questions arise. We're happy to lend a hand.

bfgBeruna

kweber
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Park Ranger 7 issues on my Mac

[Post New]by kweber on Mar 21, 18 3:00 PM
I've tried all the troubleshooting ideas given here but I am still unable to get this game to open properly (and I love this series). I get the top right corner, giant sized, and I have to reboot my computer to get out of it. I hope this gets fixed soon!

iheathco
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by iheathco on Mar 21, 18 4:58 PM
I play on a Mac with High Sierra, and I'm having the same issue as the others, and in fact the very same issue that many of us experienced in a previous game (I think it was one of the Cruise Director ones) by the same developer. We got the same advice as given by bfgIlinalta, but in fact the issue was with the game. No amount of rebooting, reloading, screen resizing, or anything else worked. Eventually BFG took the game offline and came back with a fix about six weeks later. I suggest BFG investigate that history with the developer and check to see if the same fix would work for this game.

coolmom4
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by coolmom4 on Mar 21, 18 5:31 PM
I've tried all the troubleshooting ideas given here but I am still unable to get this game to open properly (and I love this series). I get the top right corner, giant sized, and I have to reboot my computer to get out of it. I hope this gets fixed soon!

[Post New]by MRSJC2 on Mar 21, 18 6:01 PM
I agree with iheathco, I too remember the same issue with one of the earlier Vacation Adventure games. I'm looking forward to a quick fix.

[Post New]by DoctorDi on Mar 21, 18 6:05 PM

Re:can't play the game

[Post New]by DoctorDi on Mar 21, 18 2:50 PM
I can't play the game either - same problem - opens in big zoom - can't see the full picture or enter credentials (on an iMac running High Sierra). Changing the resolution settings does not fix the problem. Exiting full screen just gives you a picture of a part of the big screen. There is something wrong with the game - please fix asap. Looking forward to the update.

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Mar 21, 18 7:34 PM
Does anyone know about a "No signal input" or "signal not supported"? I get a floating box on a black screen for my Windows 7 desktop. I have to shut down my computer to get out. The same thing happens for the VA Park Rangers 5 and 6, and also VA Cruise Director 4. All of the other editions run fine. I also use a laptop Windows 7 and have no issues with any of these games.

Edited on 03/21/2018 at 7:39:09 PM PST

[Post New]by mephistopholes on Mar 22, 18 7:45 AM
I'm having the same issue with my MBPro, High Sierra 10.13.3. Can't play the game as only a fraction of the screen is visible. Changing the screen resolution doesn't work. Please fix the game, I've just wasted a voucher otherwise.

[Post New]by pac4znuf on Mar 22, 18 11:37 AM
Go to options and uncheck the full screen mode. It works if you play in windowed mode.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 22, 18 11:50 AM
Hello Everyone,

It sounds like the previously suggested troubleshooting steps haven't been fixing the display issue for this game. Since this glitch has been so widespread, we've passed along this information to the appropriate teams.

Before contacting our Technical Support Team for a replacement game, I'd suggest trying pac4znuf's suggestion. Please see if unchecking the Full Screen Mode option resolves this display trouble.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding. Don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator if new questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

Go to: