Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 7 here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 21, 18 12:40 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/21/2018 at 9:23:46 AM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 7 here.

[Post New]by jennsmom on Mar 21, 18 5:25 AM
Played just long enough to see that it was working, and immediately purchased. If you've played them before, this will not be anything new or different, which is fine with me. I have them all and love to play them for a quiet, non-stressful relaxing time. I was so happy to see this release today!

suniris
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by suniris on Mar 21, 18 5:25 AM
I usually enjoy these games but I am finding the items so small. Maybe my old eyes but just ot enjoyable. For you "youngers" give it a try.

[Post New]by geniusness on Mar 21, 18 6:43 AM
Just finished the game. I love the Park Ranger, Cruise Director and Christmas Wonderland series put out by Casual Arts. This latest installment is no exception. HOWEVER....the game is disappointingly short. I completed the game in under 4 hours which I have never done before. The earlier versions of Park Ranger were much longer and more challenging but the last 3 installments seem to be heading the the "too short" direction. (This is for all three series actually) So I am rather ambivalent about my feelings as to whether future installments will be purchased.

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Mar 21, 18 7:11 AM
long delay between scenes

when I exited the game my PC was hung up for a few minutes

I like this series but I will not purchase this one until the bugs are worked out.

Edited on 03/21/2018 at 7:34:11 AM PST

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Mar 21, 18 8:24 AM
Heh, I notice the family has been wearing the same clothing for years now, and nobody ages.

Oh, well... at least this time the mom won't be walking around in a t-shirt and sandals in the middle of winter with ice and snow on the ground like she did in the last Christmas Wonderland game (part of which was spent at Pinecreek Hills).

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Mar 21, 18 9:23 AM
Howdy Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 7 here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 7.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgIlinalta

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 21, 18 12:19 PM
Hello friends! As usual, I review mostly on the game play and leave any story line to others. This addition doesn't really have a story, as such, just fun in the park. This makes #7 in this series and I have them all. If you like pretty much straight HOPs, then you will like this series. Graphics are pretty nice, even though the faces make me think of "Chucky," still a little creepy. The scenes seem to have been cleaned up a bit and aren't as cluttered. A lot of items are still quite small and you can get eye strain trying to find them. We still have the extras, e.g., finding wildlife and garbage for extra points. The garbage can be a carton, crumpled paper, pizza box, coffee cup, empty bottle, paper sack. I spent 15 minutes looking for another piece of garbage in the first scene, before I remembered they don't close the can lid in this series! Yep, I need to find them all. This is the challenge is in these games, and their placement can blend well into the background. You can still replay the scene if you don't find everything the first time. No, there still aren't any voices, just dialog from our characters, and other than the monotonous music, we have the crashing of the garbage as we toss it into the can for sound FX.

What I like about this series, is that you know exactly what you are getting, because they never change anything. Same puzzles, same collectibles, same souvenirs. I play for the HOPs, not for the story. Even at that, the puzzles are varied and not one right after the other. Each scene and each puzzle that is completed earns you money to purchase souvenir items from your vacation. Buying them doesn't give you extra point or game play, it's just a way to spend the money you make accomplishing each goal.

HOP games are my favorite and I have piles of them, all with story lines. Sometimes, you just want to play without really thinking about anything. That's why I love the Vacation Adventure games...all of them. I gave this one a 4.75. Yes, I have already added this one to my pile. I think most players will find this one a nice game for a lazy quiet day.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Mar 21, 18 7:28 PM
Really liked the game. Word of warning, drag out your reading glasses. Some of the objects are really small. I couldn't find some of the garbage and had to use the hint a few times for the search objects. I have all of the series and enjoy them immensely.

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Mar 22, 18 2:51 AM
I know I am in the minority here .....I didn't last very long I'm afraid....I love hidden object games but I find in Vacation Adventures, especially this one, the graphics are extremely fuzzy on my computer and the items very small....I don't want to go blind playing a game...so, I will not be buying this one....If only the graphics were very clear and the items bigger ....actually, this applies to all this Developers games....

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Mar 22, 18 3:45 PM
Valkara wrote:Heh, I notice the family has been wearing the same clothing for years now, and nobody ages.

Oh, well... at least this time the mom won't be walking around in a t-shirt and sandals in the middle of winter with ice and snow on the ground like she did in the last Christmas Wonderland game (part of which was spent at Pinecreek Hills).

It's one of the great things about these games....nobody ages. And it is true about them wearing summer clothes in the winter....a good observation...and funny, too.

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Mar 22, 18 3:55 PM
Well, there isn't much more to say about this game that hasn't already been said. It's like if you've played one, you've played them all because they are so much alike. BUT it is a delight to have another edition.

I, too, own every one of these games. I like CW and VA Cruise Director better than Park Rangers, but am happy to see this release. There is something for everyone in these games, and it is a wonderful family game....or to just play on your own, as I do. It is very relaxing. It is a breath of fresh air~

I will be waiting for a sale to buy this one~

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by goldendog08 on Mar 22, 18 4:58 PM
These games are like the novels from many authors. You find one who just "clicks" with you and even though his/her follow up books might be the same story but different names, you don't care. You still wait anxiously for their next book...I feel this way with these Casual Arts games.

maeveodonnell
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by maeveodonnell on Mar 22, 18 7:35 PM
You know, these are pretty simple games and after playing/buying some challenging games I just love them. I'm even happier that the team has added a lot more scenes to each series (which I own!!).

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Mar 23, 18 1:17 PM
I love these games and couldn't wait to play it - but have to agree with the ones who said this was incredibly short! I thought the last one was too... very disappointing! Usually I can play for several hours - not this time. Hope they keep these coming, but longer next time.

[Post New]by dramamama61 on Mar 23, 18 3:15 PM
Too short! I've played them all, and I finished this in a few sittings. Glad I used a free coupon for this one. They need to update and lengthen the next one.

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Mar 24, 18 2:39 AM
I love the Vacation Adventures Series and own them all, but this one seemed awful short. I hope this isn't the the direction they are going for future games.

[Post New]by snoqueen1 on Mar 26, 18 12:12 PM
I bought Park Ranger 7 yesterday but can't get it to load. Anyone else??? I have all the rest.

[Post New]by CarriCat on Mar 26, 18 12:40 PM
I spent the week replaying the whole Park Ranger series. I really love this series. I just wish there were more souvenirs to get. I always feel like they don't put enough in. This new edition was alot of fun, but I do agree with other posters that it was kind of short. If it was longer and they added more souvenirs, it would be perfect. But I highly recommend this whole game series. I liked the locations and the mini games. And I liked being able to replay a level to get any recycling or other items I missed. I will get Park Ranger 8 when it comes out, too.

girlwonder
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by girlwonder on Mar 27, 18 8:43 AM
cathybobcat wrote:
Valkara wrote:Heh, I notice the family has been wearing the same clothing for years now, and nobody ages.

It's one of the great things about these games....nobody ages. And it is true about them wearing summer clothes in the winter....a good observation...and funny, too.

Go to: