Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Immortal Love:Black Lotus Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 22, 18 12:39 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 03/22/2018 at 8:55:40 AM PST

Vivian7
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Immortal Love:Black Lotus Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Vivian7 on Mar 22, 18 5:36 AM
OS Windows 10 Home
top of screen flickers when in full screen mode and wide screen together. Stops when in only wide screen but is too small to enjoy.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Immortal Love:Black Lotus Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 22, 18 8:55 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by anpanyoko on Mar 22, 18 10:30 AM
Vivian7 wrote:OS Windows 10 Home
top of screen flickers when in full screen mode and wide screen together. Stops when in only wide screen but is too small to enjoy.

Same here.

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by lolaluv on Mar 22, 18 10:32 AM
Running win10 I had to change my screen resolution just to get the game to launch. Worked fine after that, but annoying to have to do it.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 22, 18 11:03 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm really sorry there have been some display issues with Immortal Love: Black Lotus Collector's Edition. That's definitely annoying.

Let's begin troubleshooting by checking to see whether the computers' video card drivers are up to date. This driver controls how a computer's graphics are displayed, and updating them can fix many display issues. I'd also increase the game's permissions by running it in Administrator Mode. Please see the following help pages for further instructions.

Run Game as Administrator

Email or Technical Support Team if these troubleshooting suggestions don't fix the game. Thank you for your patience, too. You're always welcome to PM a moderator (including me) if new questions arise.

bfgBeruna

dogcatmom
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by dogcatmom on Mar 23, 18 6:46 AM
All of the graphics flicker its not possible to play - I buy all of your collectors editions and have never had a problem I believe its something in the game not our video cards but will try all of your suggested trouble shooting fixes thank you

DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

[Post New]by DeadRiver on Mar 23, 18 9:29 AM
I had flickering in the upper half of my screen the entire time I tried to play the demo. When I reached the match 3 game it froze, so I quit the game. It seemed like a good one but too bad I can't play under those conditions.

[Post New]by hunteringram on Mar 23, 18 2:50 PM
what is wrong??? i have never had this kind of issue with one of your games. i wish i had played the demo before buying, but i stupidly trusted ya'll and the game series and jumped in head first. i have uninstalled and reinstalled, i have done what you said with the video driver. nothing makes it stop. the flickering in this game could give someone a seizure!!!!

please fix and refund all of us that had to go through this pain in the neck....

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 23, 18 3:10 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm really sorry the screen for Immortal Love: Black Lotus Collector's Edition has been flickering. That'd definitely make it difficult to play the game.

When a game's screen flashes, I always recommend checking to see whether the computer's video card driver is up to date. Since this driver is responsible for how the computer's graphics display, installing a newer version can address a number of different glitches. Please take a look at the help page below for further instruction:

Email our Technical Support Team if updating the video card driver fails to stop the flashing.

In the meantime, I'll definitely pass your reports along to the appropriate teams. Thanks for your patience, and don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator if the need arises. We're here to listen.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by leapfrog0202 on Mar 23, 18 4:37 PM
lolaluv wrote:Running win10 I had to change my screen resolution just to get the game to launch. Worked fine after that, but annoying to have to do it.

Agreed Lola. Same problem here. I refuse to buy games that do that. Part of designing games is to know how to make it so it will work on each OS. Not my issue to have to change display settings for games whose devs don't deal with it. Other games open fine.

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Mar 24, 18 2:30 AM
Windows 10 etc... playing the first scene, computer completely froze, Could not bring up task manager to escape, had to close down computer.

wygate
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by wygate on Mar 24, 18 7:37 AM
Having the same flickering problems. Drivers up to date. Uninstalled and reinstalled game. Exactly the same flickering. Impossible to play game like this. Come on BFG please offer some relevant advice not just a cover all cop out.

maeveodonnell
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by maeveodonnell on Mar 24, 18 12:22 PM
Scenes keep freezing only got 9 minutes into demo - had to give up.

[Post New]by lacasanova on Mar 25, 18 7:57 AM
No luck playing the demo. Lots of flickering at the top no matter which troubleshooting option I tried. I am on Windows 10. Why isn't there a better answer for this?

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Mar 26, 18 12:32 AM
Win 7, no "flickering" issues, but final puzzle does not allow me to pick up the last lotus. No choice but to skip the puzzle.

[Post New]by NattyNNG on Mar 27, 18 9:55 PM
lolaluv wrote:Running win10 I had to change my screen resolution just to get the game to launch. Worked fine after that, but annoying to have to do it.

What resolution did you use?

stuck in bonus chapter

[Post New]by linzel88 on Mar 28, 18 8:33 AM
hi im having a problem in the bonus chapter. im at the part where you are supposed to use lumberjack figurines on logpile. But log pile wont move. ive tried hints and it says nothing left to do here. the only time it shows anything is when im zoomed in on logpile but it circles the x telling me to close the box? Ive also tried hints on every scene in the bonus chapter and nothing.

ghstmyst
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by ghstmyst on Mar 28, 18 7:39 PM
Barely got into the demo, when the computer shut down. This happened 3 times before I gave up trying to play it. I have Windows 7. Would love to be able to play the demo to see how the game plays out.

[Post New]by JustJeannie on Mar 30, 18 1:23 PM
I have the same problem as Linzel88. I can't get to the door with the two lumberjacks.

It says there is nothing to do, even when I click on the woodpile. All it does is tell me to close that screen.

I run Windows 7 X64 Professional Edition SP 1.

Please help. Uninstalling and reinstalling did NOT help, only made me angry.

Edited on 03/30/2018 at 1:23:56 PM PST

Go to: