Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Immortal Love: Black Lotus Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 22, 18 12:41 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/22/2018 at 8:55:07 AM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Immortal Love: Black Lotus Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by nanafraser on Mar 22, 18 2:21 AM
Its a good game! The newer games just don't knock my socks off anymore! But that's the way they are nowadays! I do like these Devs though! So Ill see how it goes!
Its a repetitive style game, grooms bride gets taken & he tries to get her back before she dies!

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Immortal Love: Black Lotus Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by tribrach on Mar 22, 18 5:49 AM
I agree with you nanafraser, the developer's pretty good & I sort of liked the trial BUT the games nowadays are " much of a muchness "...I guess that the game builders are running out of ideas, so we're seeing the same themes being repeated over & over again sadly
In fact I'm now replaying those from years ago when I truly believe I was getting value for my money!
Happy gaming all the same
Jenny

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Mar 22, 18 5:51 AM
Decent gme, but what is up with the horrible, muddled, bland graphics?

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Mar 22, 18 5:55 AM
@nanafraser
@tribrach

I often wondered if the games are getting boring because I've played so many, but then why is it, that I can dust off an older game that I've played many times, and yet, still thoroughly enjoy it?

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Mar 22, 18 6:53 AM
pennmom36 wrote:@nanafraser
@tribrach

I often wondered if the games are getting boring because I've played so many, but then why is it, that I can dust off an older game that I've played many times, and yet, still thoroughly enjoy it?

No the games just stink! lol. I understand were good players & been w/ BF a long time, but the the games are shorten & the repetitiveness is cool! But I think the Devs are getting greedy! & taking advantage of our addition to em! I know because when I play the older games I love em! So don't blame yourself! Were on your side!

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Mar 22, 18 7:02 AM
nanafraser wrote:
@tribrach

No the games just stink! lol. I understand were good players & been w/ BF a long time, & newer player if they play older games would probably agree if they played older game. But the the games are shortened & the repetitiveness is cool! But I think the Devs are getting greedy! & taking advantage of our addition to em! I know because when I play the older games I love em! So don't blame yourself! Were on your side!

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 22, 18 8:52 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Immortal Love: Black Lotus Collector's Edition! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Immortal Love: Black Lotus Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Mar 22, 18 8:54 AM
Hey Everyone,

Just tossing in an extra reminder to please keep the posts in this thread limited to reviews of the game. This greatly helps players who are looking specifically for reviews to get more information about the game. If you'd like to discuss details of the game or compare opinions of its features, you're welcome to create a separate thread for that conversation. Thanks, everyone, for your understanding and cooperation!

bfgArinelle

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Mar 22, 18 11:08 AM
bfgArinelle wrote:Hey Everyone,

Just tossing in an extra reminder to please keep the posts in this thread limited to reviews of the game. This greatly helps players who are looking specifically for reviews to get more information about the game. If you'd like to discuss details of the game or compare opinions of its features, you're welcome to create a separate thread for that conversation. Thanks, everyone, for your understanding and cooperation!

bfgArinelle

Thank you. It would be helpful to be able to read reviews instead of chatter.

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Mar 22, 18 11:51 AM
It's pretty and has very relaxed puzzles and multi-layer hops. I like the special effects. The 68 Phoenixes were so hard to see that I put my monitor brightness on 98%. Hope I can see them better when I have a dark room to play in, as mine is full of sunshine today.

I don't think people who want a challenge would like this one, unless it's to find the Phoenixes. I found the relaxed puzzles fun. It was like 4 tile match, 4 related items, just little fun things.

I could see they have replays on Hops and mini-game but part of it is locked up, so I don't know how many.

Please be advised there are snakes.

I thought the last one, Blind Desire was Super Fun. It's a buy for me.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Mar 22, 18 12:04 PM
pennmom36 wrote:Decent game, but what is up with the horrible, muddled, bland graphics?

I like the game but I too find the graphics less than stellar. Just sharpening them a little and bring up the color contrast would have improved them considerably. Other than that I'm happy with my purchase since I have all the HOS I could ask for and a quick skip for puzzles. I've not been looking for the Phoenix on the first play-through. Not a hard game and I'm not pulling my hair out trying to figure out what to do next. Played some of my much older games this week and they were so hard I had to bail out so this is a relief for me.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 22, 18 1:28 PM
@tribrach

I wonder the same thing way too often these days.

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Mar 22, 18 1:39 PM
I love this game, 4Friends Game is becoming my favorite developer, I love love stories, reminds me of Dark Romance, which I also love, it does not have a lot of back and forth, I find the game and bit slow but that is okay, because I am enjoying anyway.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Mar 22, 18 1:42 PM
I have not played for very long - maybe only about 30 minutes. seems like a nice game. no problems with it so far. Since I don't have any other CE HOPA games, the sale today is not of any help to me, so I will wait until Saturday's CE HOPA game release and if there is a good sale then, I will consider purchasing this one.

Cheers !

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Mar 22, 18 1:54 PM
Played the Demo! My first impression was "Meh"!

It's okay, very much like most games as far as "storyline", very easy puzzles, kind of slow moving, but not terrible. I didn't mind the softer graphics probably because that's the way things look to me when I don't have my glasses on!

At least it wasn't terribly boring. It kind of makes me sad to say that. I will probably buy it with a good sale.

I'll give it 1/2

Abs

[Post New]by baglady159 on Mar 22, 18 6:44 PM
I'm on the fence about this one. I enjoyed the storyline and the graphics. But the puzzles (I love puzzles) were only okay, nothing to strain the brain. Straining the brain is what I look for. The HOG's were okay but the items were very easy to see. I was able to find all the Phoenix's but not sure why. This isn't much of a challenge but relaxing and kind of fun to play.

If I do decide to buy (because I haven't bought a game in over 2 months) it will probably be the SE. Finding each Phoenix isn't worth the extra credit for me.

Every week I cross my fingers and hope that this will be the week that there will be a really good game that will blow my socks off. I, like many others, have been playing my old games because nothing being offered has met the standards of many of my old games. I have to agree with tribrach, that maybe the developers are running out of ideas. Maybe they need some young blood coming in with new ideas. Just my opinion.

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Mar 23, 18 11:05 AM
Was not "Wowed" by this demo which I used up most of the time in. Graphics were very good in most scenes....rich and warm colors. Scrolling scene was nicely done. Beautiful lotus flowers. Story is interesting, but gets diverted by the numerous tasks at times. One noteworthy aspect about the games by this developer is that they make player friendly games that are relaxing and not trying on your nerves and blood pressure.

There is a replay of hos and puzzles, but the amount is locked....a tactic of "buy before you try" manipulation. I like to know how many there are beforehand. Withholding this info leads me to wonder if there are not repeated hos and not that many of them as well.

As usual, the puzzles outnumber the hos, whether you think they are easy or not. How about that bubble one in the beginning of the game? Didn't you like that? I thought you might...so much thought and creativity went into that one. You will want to replay that one over and over again.

I came across only 3 hos...somewhat interactive. Not much effort or interest was put into these at all, particularly the 3rd one which was so washed out in colors, it was pathetic. It's as though they just threw a few hos in because they had to.

There are 68 Phoenix collectibles (yes, that's all). Good luck finding them because although they are not small, they blend in with the scenes so well that they are difficult to see. It was why I took almost the whole 90 minutes for this demo....trying to find birds!? There is a lotus tab towards the upper left portion of your screen to indicate if there are any to find in a scene, but not how many you have found or how many there are. There are also 28 achievements (and the usual). Not impressive.

Except for a bonus chapter, I do not see where this is CE worthy, however compared to the inferior quality of many games being released for far too long, I think this one is above the caliber of those. It isn't great, but not bad and I may decide to buy at a good sale price or decide to wait for the SE. I own the other ones in this series in the SE.

Edited on 03/29/2018 at 8:58:12 AM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 25, 18 2:41 PM
Hello friends! As always, I review mostly on the game play and let others review on the story. Looks like we have #4 in this series. The graphics in this one are quite nice, clear, with very little blurring now and then. Game play was excellent, with no problems during the demo at all and it fit my large screen. Colors are very bright and true, but not over powering. Animation was well done and movements were very smooth, except for the occasional odd mouth movements. Voices are very well done and showed emotion, fear, etc., and were age and character appropriate, and occasionally silly dialog. You can click through dialog, if you read faster than they speak. We had very few sound FX, which was disappointing, and there seemed to be a little more character interaction, but not a lot. Music was monotonous, even when turned down low.

HOPs were all interactive during the demo, so hopefully, they switch to something else as the game progresses. Items are not difficult to find and scenes are pretty clean. Puzzles were painfully simple, and took no real brain power to complete. This was a disappointment. Hint system is very helpful, but I did not see that it transports to longer locations. You don't really do that much long distance back tracking, but you do a lot of running around. The jump map is easy to follow and areas are well marked. It also shows if you missed one of the collectibles in that area.

The only collectibles I found are 68 Phoenix, which are not as easy to spot as you may think. The are fairly large, but very pale in color until you click on them. I did note that if you see one before speaking to a character, you cannot pick it up..weird. There is a tab on the far left that will tell you how many are in each scene. Of course, if you can't find one, you can always look at the strategy guide. Even at that, I found a few very difficult to see.

This addition wasn't as much fun as others in this series. The lack of more collectibles was quite disappointing. The story was nothing new and moved very slowly. I got a bit bored toward the end of the demo. Also got frustrated with the scrolling scenes. They were too touchy and moved too easily, so it was often difficult to look at something without moving away from it. Personally, I don't feel this one is CE worthy. Normally, I will put a game aside and give the SE version a try. I often find the SE to be a better game, but I'm not sure about this one. It is a wait and see for me. I will recommend this one to beginners, who haven't played any of the others in this series.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for today. Thanks for the reviews.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Mar 29, 18 9:25 PM
I finally finished this game. I ended up enjoying it. But, as another commenter mentioned, the phoenixes were super hard to find. I did have to use the guide several times to locate them and even then, I missed 1 - BUT at the end of the bonus chapter, you can go back and find the ones missed. And I liked the added hidden object part at the end.

Yes, I would probably replay in a few months time.

Hope everyone has a very happy Easter !!

Go to: