bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for BumbleBee Jewel

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 13, 10 12:20 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of BumbleBee Jewel? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for BumbleBee Jewel

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Jul 13, 10 2:07 AM

Do you ever wonder...

sometimes when you are demo'ing a new game...

if perhaps somewhere, behind a curtain or something, there is a camera and a person waiting to jump out and say,

"Smile! You're on Candid Camera!"

You have to laugh, cuz what good would it do to cry?

Cute cartoony characters.

Really bad english translations.

1 minute loop noise. Not going to call it music.

As you are playing, a wave of light moves over the board shadowing the covered areas that you are trying to clear.

But, as bad as all that is, I was willing to put up with it, overlook these minor irritations.

Then I finished a level and it wanted to show me how great I had done by showing me my score tally. I wasn't that interested in my score as it was just the 1st level and mainly a practice level.

When I clicked on it to speed it along, well, it ignored me! (I know! The nerve!)

Finished up the 2nd level, (yeah, I gave it another shot)

Decided to time how long it took to get to the next level after waiting for the scoring, etc.

Are you ready for this? (this will shock even those of you that have tried this)

57 seconds!

I was hijacked for 57 seconds!

And that was the end of THAT story!

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Jul 13, 10 4:46 AM
Hijacked is right! sheesh! (shakes head, aggravated).

This game could have potential IF:

why the cursing?
why the hijacking?

this is a typical match 3 games, from what I can see past the 1st chapter, you can get power ups later on such as bombs, etc.

its quite colorful, and the music is cute, not too annoying. I think this would be more a kid's game. However, I would NOT let my kids play it. why? the cursing. sorry but... (raises hands, leaves it alone).

delete.

(Angel_angel, I laughed when I first read your post, but darn it, you were right! excellent choice of word I also found your review quite entertaining! )

Edited on 07/13/2010 at 4:47:40 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 13, 10 4:49 AM
I thought it a cutzie game. Didn't love it, didn't hate it. I won't buy though, as like many others I get really ticked off when there's no relaxed mode. This would be ok for a DD, but not bothered about buying any game when there is just a timed mode.
For a game to be good enough to buy it should encompass the features that so many ask for. ie relaxed mode and the option of turning the custom cursor off.
Playing games should be fairly relaxing, so why give you a cursor with a veritable mind of its own and the challenge of getting it to do what you want within a certain time.
Why don't some game devs read up on what options gamers frequently request?
The idea of making games is to sell them surely? And if so, they should be of interest to the widest audience possible. I love M3 games, but only buy those that have a relaxed option, or a timer which gives enough time to complete a level without feeling under pressure.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 13, 10 4:54 AM
indigo_ladybug wrote:Hijacked is right! sheesh! (shakes head, aggravated).

This game could have potential IF:

why the cursing?
why the hijacking?

this is a typical match 3 games, from what I can see past the 1st chapter, you can get power ups later on such as bombs, etc.

its quite colorful, and the music is cute, not too annoying. I think this would be more a kid's game. However, I would NOT let my kids play it. why? the cursing. sorry but... (raises hands, leaves it alone).

I must be going deaf and blind; didn't see/hear any cursing. Can you tell me where that was and what it said please? I'm really curious.....:-))
Not interested in game enough to restart it just to hear the 'naughty' bits lol!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jul 13, 10 6:05 AM
Nope, that isn`t a good match 3 game.

- Horrible music
- Very slow gameplay and also uninteresting
- Timer!!

I wouldn`t buy this game. Bigfish has much better match 3 games.

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Jul 13, 10 6:15 AM
belamba wrote:
indigo_ladybug wrote:Hijacked is right! sheesh! (shakes head, aggravated).

I must be going deaf and blind; didn't see/hear any cursing. Can you tell me where that was and what it said please? I'm really curious.....:-))
Not interested in game enough to restart it just to hear the 'naughty' bits lol!

I assume this is a kid's game, therefore, (call me prissy or whatever lol), using the word "damned" and stuff really is NOT appealing, or a good lesson to teach. It starts with this seemingly innocuous word, then easily moves on to other things. When the game first started, it said the ladybugs (yeah yeah, I'm a ladybug addict lol) were cursed. THAT is fine. why not stick with it. Sorry, but that's my 2 cents. ^_^ Sorry if its not as ah, naughty as you thought...

jyork
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by jyork on Jul 13, 10 6:18 AM
I was really happy this was not a IHOG until I played it. Seriously???? Don't waste your time!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 13, 10 9:10 AM
At the moment I'm uninstalling and reinstalling this game to see if that helps any with the sluggish gameplay I'm getting.

It sounds like the "cursing" was just a random bit of fractured English, rather than intentional, and if so, maybe it's an isolated incident?

My very *favorite* fractured English storytelling is in Flowers Story. Instead of going to the fork in the road, you go to the crotch. The rest of the story at that point only makes the double meanings worse lol. Funnnnnyyyy!!!! (And *that* is why I don't usually *complain* about fractured English in these games... )

Update: Still running sluggish. I would like to play the demo - looks interesting at least - but not at that speed...

Edited on 07/13/2010 at 9:24:44 AM PST

[Post New]by PAFlagLady on Jul 14, 10 1:08 PM
This game is terrible. It is so slow tallying your score after a board is cleared. If I had to play games like this all the time, I would scream!!

Rhowennah
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Rhowennah on Jul 14, 10 2:08 PM
Guess I had the luck of the draw not to have any problems with this game... ran smoothly for me and I did not hear any cussing going on... not to say it did not happen and I just was not listening that closely... but will I buy the game.. only on a really hard up time for something new to play and I have a free game credit I was to waste

[Post New]by Kay_Lea on Jul 23, 10 2:29 AM
Cute game but didn't have a way to move it along faster. The hang time between levels was time consuming and since I am an A type personality it really bothered me. I wouldn't purchase this game.

[Post New]by fish_fan on Aug 13, 10 8:35 PM
I was surprised by the negative comments. This is one of my favorites. I don't leave the sound on so I wasn't annoyed by audio but everything else was just as smooth as can be. It doesn't need a relaxed mode because timed play is very relaxed. And I didn't feel "hijacked" because the time between levels was quite quick compared to other games I've demo'ed.

great game for relaxing -- thanks

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Aug 16, 10 8:46 AM
_Angel_angel - GREAT review! I lasted all of 12 minutes. Even as a dd I would pass on this game.

[Post New]by adamreid on Feb 22, 11 5:15 PM
The game was cute, but looked to me like it was generally for kids - and I wouldn't let kids play it because of the incorrect spellings and gamatical errors. Many sentances were awkward English. The word 'damned' did suprise me (it is in the text, not audio), but this is an instance of poor translation, as is the grammar and spelling.

Call me picky, but my kids can play many things more entertaining that ARE gramatically correct - they don't need bad examples.

For adults, sometimes the mistakes were funny, but the game wasn't entertaining enough to put up with them.

Go to: