minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

A petition for more Adventure games!

[Post New]by minesita on Mar 22, 18 3:14 PM
I hope the Mods will not remove this post!

I don't know where or to whom ask for more Adventure games.

BFG removed a lot of them, A. Christie, some of S. Holmes, and still not Syberia III.

If the owners don't care about its members, at least will loose one (me), because I don't care more for game series which are totally the same!

I can name a lot of game's titles I'm sure people will be interested to have as another genre or choice to explore.

I'm not sure if my post is clear, hopefully another fishies will second this petition, and with a proper English will help me to convey the message.

ETA- I edited to reassure the other members who like HOPAs, I didn't mean to be disrespectful to them, only I'm asking for more game's diversity

Edited on 03/22/2018 at 3:21:29 PM PST


 
Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

Re:A petition for more Adventure games!

[Post New]by Bartsister on Mar 22, 18 4:55 PM
Hi Minesita,

I would love to see more adventure games here and hope BFG could in some way make that happen. So you definitely get my vote.

I did want to clarify a couple of things because getting and keeping true adventure games here is not always that simple though.

The old adventure games that have been removed from the site were removed because either the indie developer's agreement was only for a set time period or the developer decided to pull it from this venue. Scratches (if you remember that was sold here for a time) is a good example. I can PM details if you want.

An adventure game developer has to want to sell their game here with the price points and continuous sales that BFG has, as well as agree to the cut of sales given to BFG in comparison to selling the game on other sites.

Syberia III hasn't even been out for a year and is selling for $29.99 on "the" game site and $34,99 on the big DRM-free site. I doubt Microids is going to want to sell it for $13.99 with a BOGO sale coming on the weekend. And if you've been around for a while, you can see on the old Syberia I boards how well splitting up the game went.

The developer of the Blackwell series responded on his website that he wouldn't put any more of his games here. Not because he harbored any animosity towards BFG, but if he sells them from his site, he gets 100% of the sales and so can keep his price point lower for his fans and then later lets other vendors with more attractive contracts sell them as well.

I totally get the hunger for an adventure game that you can sink your teeth into. That's my core gaming genre. I just know to satisfy that need I have to go elsewhere and BFG is the only place I do casual games.

We got the Inner World a couple years back, so I hope some of the really indie adventure developers will also send their games this way. It is always nice to be able to see them here. Sorry if I sound like a wet blanket. It's just not an easy request.

 
minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

Re:A petition for more Adventure games!

[Post New]by minesita on Mar 22, 18 5:25 PM
Thank you Bartsister !

You can PM about that particular game, and I got the idea about Adventure game's Devs and BFG.

I want with my message to let them to know that there are members who want another game's genre, and not be in need to go to other websites for them.

If we don't ask for something never is going to happens. With my humble post perhaps BF will take note of it (my wish)!


 
Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

Re:A petition for more Adventure games!

[Post New]by Sprattie on Mar 22, 18 5:26 PM
Your English is fine, Minesita, and I totally support your wish for a return to adventure games. Pure adventure games have certainly become a thing of the past. My first loves were the large-file games that went on for days and had 100% replay value. Among the first games I loved on Big Fish were the MDNA's Carol Reed games set in Sweden. They were unusual and lovely and definitely a challenge to play, and no repetitive HOPs anywhere. I got into other games but never found too many that were an actual cerebral workout. I'm getting old, and in need of some mental challenges as well as some new ideas and plots. I'm definitely on your side here.

(edited for clarification)

Edited on 03/22/2018 at 5:28:37 PM PST


 
MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

Re:A petition for more Adventure games!

[Post New]by MissAbby on Mar 22, 18 8:32 PM
I'm in total agreement with you Minesita!

To BFG: We want MORE AND BETTER REAL Adventure Games!!

I understand Bartsister but the Developers BFG deals with are going to continue to see a drop in sales unless they kick it up a notch and use some "New Material"! Mini adventure games then.

Oh and I LOVED the wild adventure game that came out recently on BFG made by Desert Fox about the guy waking up and all the choices you had to make and use your brain! I seriously played that game six times in a row! And it took a few days for the first time. I was in heaven!

And Sprattie, the Carol R games were the best!

We want to use our Brains!

Abs

 
kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

Re:A petition for more Adventure games!

[Post New]by kgustavson on Mar 22, 18 10:51 PM
I agree, but I have heard the same arguments put forth as Bartsister has mentioned. I just replayed Epistory and that is just such a fantastically unique game that I do yearn for more of them. Remember the first City of Fools and what a wonderful, lively, helpful Forum spawned from it?! There is a place called, uh, the vapor that results from boiling water, but it is pretty easy to plunk down 20 or 30 bucks for a game and then be really disappointed as there are no (or very few) free trials and the community is hard to get a grasp on. So I too eagerly await more offerings from my old Fishy Friend.

 
kiddopal
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

Re:A petition for more Adventure games!

[Post New]by kiddopal on Mar 23, 18 2:16 AM
I just want to add my voice to the request for pure Adventure games. They are the best and most challenging games. I am not disparaging the usual fare SE games. I own many of them, actually far too many. But the best games are the large file adventure games and just recently I decided to slow down on new purchases because there is nothing new being offered. I have been replaying my Adventure games and I too would love it if BFG would offer them. Maybe they could have a special price category for Adventure games. I would pay more or not expect any half price deal on large file games.

 
Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

Re:A petition for more Adventure games!

[Post New]by Bartsister on Mar 23, 18 6:28 AM
kiddopal wrote:I just want to add my voice to the request for pure Adventure games. They are the best and most challenging games. I am not disparaging the usual fare SE games. I own many of them, actually far too many. But the best games are the large file adventure games and just recently I decided to slow down on new purchases because there is nothing new being offered. I have been replaying my Adventure games and I too would love it if BFG would offer them. Maybe they could have a special price category for Adventure games. I would pay more or not expect any half price deal on large file games.


That would be a nice idea - if there could be a separate section of the store for the large file adventures with their own price points so it would be more inviting to developers to list their games here.

Oh and I know you want to purchase here but ... did you know the 13th Carol Reed adventure was just released in January this year? The Birdwatcher. You can find it.

 
mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

Re:A petition for more Adventure games!

[Post New]by mcquigan on Mar 23, 18 7:35 AM
Ditto everything Minesita and the others said, and thank you Minesita for so clearly requesting for adventure games!

 
minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

Re:A petition for more Adventure games!

[Post New]by minesita on Mar 23, 18 11:40 AM
Bartsister wrote:
kiddopal wrote:I just want to add my voice to the request for pure Adventure games. They are the best and most challenging games. I am not disparaging the usual fare SE games. I own many of them, actually far too many. But the best games are the large file adventure games and just recently I decided to slow down on new purchases because there is nothing new being offered. I have been replaying my Adventure games and I too would love it if BFG would offer them. Maybe they could have a special price category for Adventure games. I would pay more or not expect any half price deal on large file games.


That would be a nice idea - if there could be a separate section of the store for the large file adventures with their own price points so it would be more inviting to developers to list their games here.

Oh and I know you want to purchase here but ... did you know the 13th Carol Reed adventure was just released in January this year? The Birdwatcher. You can find it.


Excellent idea !!! Thank you!

I wish some Moderator come here to help us with better advice.

 
kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

Re:A petition for more Adventure games!

[Post New]by kgustavson on Mar 24, 18 1:08 AM
kiddopal - that is an EXCELLENT idea. Let's see if we can find a flagpole to run that up. Obviously we need higher decision makers than the customer service folks. I think they still have offices here in Seattle so I'll check that out this weekend. And considering the latest Carol Reed is selling for only $14 bucks on the dev site (thanks Bartsister!) I can't imagine the Fishes That Be somehow complaining that the prices are too high for them to make a profit. Hmmmm....certainly worth a shot I think.

 
phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

Re:A petition for more Adventure games!

[Post New]by phisherman on Mar 24, 18 9:29 AM
So glad to see there are more like me out there. I have been clamoring for more adventure games for years. It has always been my favorite genre and the HO games are the only ones that come close. The original point and click adventure games have always been my favorite. The Longest Journey, Siberia, the original FBI Confidential games, are just a few.

 
Cinnamone
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:A petition for more Adventure games!

[Post New]by Cinnamone on Mar 25, 18 4:56 AM
I would like to add my voice and my vote to this petition. I have been with BF for many years now, and I know that they can offer wonderful games. I'm thinking about Dire Grove, Azada, and others. In fact, I do not understand why those developpers decided to make their games less adventurous. Now they are simply hidden object games with the same characters and almost the same stories. The games that I buy now from BF are match 3 games, and solitaires because the other games really don't appeal to me. I am seriously thinking of getting out of BF and buying my games from other sites. I agree with all the fishies in this forum. We need adventure and challenge! Thanks, Minesita for starting this . Yes, it is good to know that we are not alone...

 
Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

Re:A petition for more Adventure games!

[Post New]by Sprattie on Mar 30, 18 1:23 PM
Well I agree with absolutely everyone here - and would certainly pay more to get more. The first adventure games I ever played were on CDs and played for several weeks (thinking especially of URU which went on for a whole season) and cost a small fortune at Walmart or wherever, and were worth the price. Money isn't really an issue for me, but WASTING money is. I've had to let a considerable number of free game codes slip away into the void because there were no more good games to spend them on.

BTW, thanks for the heads up, Bartsister, I also notice that MDNA's games are now available for Mac which is what I am playing on now. Woo hoo!

We can send an email through the help section under "support" and see what happens. Maybe we smart people can make a difference, eh, Miss Abby? Start the revolution!

 
heleanthia
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

A petition for more Adventure games!

[Post New]by heleanthia on Apr 2, 18 11:31 AM
minesita wrote:I hope the Mods will not remove this post!

I don't know where or to whom ask for more Adventure games.

BFG removed a lot of them, A. Christie, some of S. Holmes, and still not Syberia III.

If the owners don't care about its members, at least will loose one (me), because I don't care more for game series which are totally the same!

I can name a lot of game's titles I'm sure people will be interested to have as another genre or choice to explore.

I'm not sure if my post is clear, hopefully another fishies will second this petition, and with a proper English will help me to convey the message.

ETA- I edited to reassure the other members who like HOPAs, I didn't mean to be disrespectful to them, only I'm asking for more game's diversity



Minesita, hi!!! <3 I absolutely agree with you! (Your english is terrific Minesita, please don't worry) I only keep my membership here as once in a while great adventure games still pop up ...(as well as all the classics that others have mentioned here, I got Green Moon about a year ago and then green Moon 2...both of which were such fun). I have scooped up as manyof the large files remaining that I can (My latest was subject 13 but at one point I got stuck so...lol) I far prefer adventure games to Hogs.... The Carol Reed games have always been dear to my heart as well. I too would be willing to pay a bit more, and wonder if Bigfish would ever make a separate branch of just adventure games....

Edited on 04/02/2018 at 11:32:56 AM PST


 
bfgArinelle
Moderator
Moderator
1,483 Posts

Re:A petition for more Adventure games!

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Apr 4, 18 12:27 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and preference for types of games offered on the Big Fish Games site. I can certainly pass along the contents of this thread to the appropriate teams so that they're aware of our players' wishes for Adventure games to have a more prominent role on our site. We love hearing from our players, so please feel free to send your ideas our way anytime.

Happy gaming, all!

bfgArinelle

 
mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

A petition for more Adventure games!

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 6, 18 9:46 AM
minesita wrote:I hope the Mods will not remove this post!



If you are looking for the BFG Adventure games, without all the HOPAS etc I have a list [Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 04/08/2018 at 3:25:59 PM PST


 
heleanthia
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

A petition for more Adventure games!

[Post New]by heleanthia on Apr 6, 18 2:59 PM
mcquigan wrote:
minesita wrote:I hope the Mods will not remove this post!



If you are looking for the BFG Adventure games, without all the HOPAS etc I have a list here.
[Removed by Moderator]


Hi !! Yes that's a great list.

Edited on 04/08/2018 at 3:30:44 PM PST


 
mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

A petition for more Adventure games!

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 7, 18 2:47 PM
heleanthia wrote:
mcquigan wrote:
minesita wrote:I hope the Mods will not remove this post!



If you are looking for the BFG Adventure games, without all the HOPAS etc I have a list [Removed by Moderator]


Hi !! Yes that's a great list.


Thanks Heleanthia,

It's just too difficult to find the adventure games here; everything is so jumbled up.

Some of those games are stinkers, but they are listed and I will continue to make notes on them as time allows.

Are you playing Syberia with us?

Edited on 04/08/2018 at 3:26:27 PM PST


 
 
 
 
Go to: