TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

Spring Room 1 vs Spring Room 2

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Mar 22, 18 7:18 PM
Somebody has already reported that the HOS in Spring Room 2 do NOT count toward the Spring Hunt achievement. (This does not reflect well on the developers, who seem obsessed with placating the players who want a quicker way to get coins, and don't give a thought to the needs of other players.)

But what about the items that drop from the Spring terrace in Room 1? Has anybody found another source for the Recipe Book, Bow Tie, Top Hat, and Rattle?

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

Re:Spring Room 1 vs Spring Room 2

[Post New]by gohill on Mar 22, 18 7:41 PM
I did a spring DQ and received "something" .. can't remember what... for last year's pets.... at least, I think I did, now I'm second guessing myself...

also wonder what new players will do to get the Spring Terrace achievement... NOT a fan of the devs making us choose....

I just got on here so will take time to switch all my games...

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Mar 22, 18 7:46 PM
gohill wrote:I did a spring DQ and received "something" .. can't remember what... for last year's pets.... at least, I think I did, now I'm second guessing myself...

also wonder what new players will do to get the Spring Terrace achievement... NOT a fan of the devs making us choose....

I'm going to switch my room at noon my time (4 PM GMT) every day until the devs straighten things out. Shades of alternate side of the street parking and gas rationing based on your license plate number.

[Post New]by Susanna502 on Mar 22, 18 7:51 PM
From my play so far it appears that unique items needed to craft the new pets are in the HOS in the new room, but items unique to the old pets are not in the new room. It seems that those who didn't play last spring will need access to the old room in order to complete their pets. And those who didn't finish the Terrace Achievement also will need the old room. I haven't checked out the DQ yet to see what is received there. Comments/corrections please.

While some have commented that this is an error or something negative on the part of the Devs, it bothered me at Christmas that the old room was treated like it was totally unnecessary. Lets get creative and come up with a scheme to use both rooms.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Mar 22, 18 8:11 PM
gohill wrote:I did a spring DQ and received "something" .. can't remember what... for last year's pets.... at least, I think I did, now I'm second guessing myself...

I just completed a DQ, and the items in the chest were the parts for the jack-in-the-box and the donkey. So it's looking like the Top Hat, Bow Tie, Recipe Book, and Rattle can ONLY be obtained from Spring Room 1.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Mar 22, 18 8:16 PM
Susanna502 wrote:.

While some have commented that this is an error or something negative on the part of the Devs, it bothered me at Christmas that the old room was treated like it was totally unnecessary. Lets get creative and come up with a scheme to use both rooms.

I've already gotten creative and will be switching my room each day at 4 PM GMT to accommodate those who need access to Spring Room 1.

But, IMO, I shouldn't need to get creative or to act altruistically (I personally don't need anything from Spring Room 1, but then, I don't NEED extra coins from Spring Room 2, either.)

It's the developers responsibility to ensure that all players have the opportunity to complete achievements and gather pet parts.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Mar 22, 18 9:38 PM
When you play the HOS in Spring Room 2, clicking on the "I" shows that you should receive either a Playing Card, Pocket Watch, Shell, or a Carrot.

So how come sometimes I get none of those items and receive 15 coins or 1 shard?

mdpetdoc
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,489 Posts

[Post New]by mdpetdoc on Mar 22, 18 9:52 PM
TiramaSue wrote:

I'm going to switch my room at noon my time (4 PM GMT) every day until the devs straighten things out. Shades of alternate side of the street parking and gas rationing based on your license plate number.

As a player who needs access to both Spring Rooms, I thank you. I will be doing something similar. I will switch my game to Room 1 everyday as close to the start of the third gifting period as my work schedule will allow.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Mar 23, 18 2:59 AM
I will not be playing much this weekend due to real life, but once the new "Work Week" starts I will change to the old room for the time I need to be out of the house. It should, hopefully be when much of the Americas, England and Europe are in the night hours. I can never remember how many hours ahead we are down here.

Bemused123
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Bemused123 on Mar 23, 18 3:52 AM
I have done 1 DQ and got 2 Donkey's head and one tail. I had to get 3 bunnies, 3 chicks and 3 mice so I got Level 1 of the achievement.
My next DQ is 1 Wreath of Spring and 100 Airship wheels.
If the DQs only gift last year's items, I will not do the second DQ.
Not sure how I can be creative with my rooms.

fylgia
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by fylgia on Mar 23, 18 4:59 AM
I was thinking something about writing a message behind your name "Need old room" or something like that. Then it would be possible to know how many of your friends need access to the terrace and so on and you could decide out of that which room you should have open most of the time,
But not all friends are active on this forum to get this information and ideas. How good it would be if we could get an opportunity to send in game messages!!

[Post New]by Clip_1 on Mar 23, 18 5:57 AM
This game has become too complicated so I think it is time to call it quits.

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Mar 23, 18 6:15 AM
ok I switched to spring room 2 but where are the items you collect when feeding bunnies? Anybody know? Thank you.
I'm getting creatures dropping. Not mice, chicks or bunnies. What is going on?

Edited on 03/23/2018 at 6:23:49 AM PST

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 23, 18 6:52 AM
clm5457 wrote:ok I switched to spring room 2 but where are the items you collect when feeding bunnies? Anybody know? Thank you.
I'm getting creatures dropping. Not mice, chicks or bunnies. What is going on?

If you mean using the carrots on the things that float through the screen, we now have two sets of spring ones, the same as the winter. Last years are the lords and ladies that show up in what looks like a Faberge egg on a stand. The chicks bunnies and mice are in a more of a broken-egg shape. I find the mice look more like bunnies and the bunnies don't look like much of anything but roadkill. Those show up in your collectors album and have their own set of achievements. None of the floating items show up in the spring rooms, only in the regular map areas.

Audres
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by Audres on Mar 23, 18 7:15 AM
I am one of the players still needing room one open. I am doing as Tiramasue advised and noting which room I have open. I will switch rooms trying to leave each one open 12 hours each.

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Mar 23, 18 7:24 AM
Thank you very much rosiebvt. Very confusing. They should change this. Wasting a lot of carrots.

[Post New]by lanky46musician on Mar 23, 18 7:43 AM
As people all over the world play this game, it might be nice to change your room every 24 hours instead of 12. I think I will change mine when I change the date at the new GMT day.

DeeJay46

Firedragon13
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by Firedragon13 on Mar 23, 18 7:52 AM
Confusing! Have not seen spring new spring room on the iPad!

Attie_1234
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Attie_1234 on Mar 23, 18 7:54 AM
Great idea DeeJay! Attie

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Mar 23, 18 7:59 AM
lanky46musician wrote:As people all over the world play this game, it might be nice to change your room every 24 hours instead of 12. I think I will change mine when I change the date at the new GMT day.

DeeJay46

I'm changing rooms every 24 hours at 4 PM GMT (start of 3rd gifting slot). That way, players would have the opportunity to play both rooms in the same GMT day.

Go to: