Howdah
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

Can't update

[Post New]by Howdah on Mar 22, 18 8:34 PM
So one of my friends mentioned new spring room in her name, so I checked it out. It said I need to update. I tried to update and get a 208 error. I was able to update the game on my old computer, but cannot update my current game. Both games are on PC.

I am hoping that one of you great guys can give me the answer quicker than support. As soon as I post this I am sending a note to CS.

The new room looks fantastic. I can hardly wait to play it.

Edited on 03/22/2018 at 8:36:30 PM PST

DoubleMsMom
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

Re:Can't update

[Post New]by DoubleMsMom on Mar 22, 18 10:22 PM
I downloaded the update, but I can't get game to launch. This has never happened before. Have contacted CS.

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Mar 22, 18 10:49 PM
If you have Windows 10 and have the Windows Fall Creator's Update (from a while back), you may need to change your screen resolution, then try to launch the game. If it works, you can go back out and put your screen resolution back to the recommended setting and you'll still be able to launch your game.

ellenBea
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by ellenBea on Mar 22, 18 11:39 PM
DoubleMsMom wrote:I downloaded the update, but I can't get game to launch. This has never happened before. Have contacted CS.

[/quote3]Same here. On both my games. Both android.

Edited on 03/22/2018 at 11:39:50 PM PST

DoubleMsMom
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by DoubleMsMom on Mar 23, 18 6:09 AM
Sharp_Eye574363 wrote:If you have Windows 10 and have the Windows Fall Creator's Update (from a while back), you may need to change your screen resolution, then try to launch the game. If it works, you can go back out and put your screen resolution back to the recommended setting and you'll still be able to launch your game.

Gave that a try, didn't work. Thanks for the tip.

Waiting to storm the castle!

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Mar 23, 18 6:56 AM
When I first updated I got a bad icon on my desktop and couldn't launch the game at all. I had to restart my computer (to get rid of the non-existent running game), uninstall through Games Manager, and reinstall the game. It's working fine now. I'm on Win 8.1, but I imagine it should work the same on other Win versions.

VC11
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by VC11 on Mar 23, 18 8:01 AM
Anybody been able to update on iOS yet?

DoubleMsMom
Minnow
Minnow
216 Posts

[Post New]by DoubleMsMom on Mar 23, 18 8:03 AM
rosiebvt wrote:When I first updated I got a bad icon on my desktop and couldn't launch the game at all. I had to restart my computer (to get rid of the non-existent running game), uninstall through Games Manager, and reinstall the game. It's working fine now. I'm on Win 8.1, but I imagine it should work the same on other Win versions.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!! Got my game back.

Back stormin' the castle!!

ellenBea
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by ellenBea on Mar 23, 18 9:36 AM
This seems weird, but I was not able to download update through WiFi, but as soon I was on 4G, the download started on my phone. My game on my tablet won't update though, since I don't have simcard in it. Don't know what to do... Will try to borrow 4G from my phone via Bluetooth.

Edited on 03/23/2018 at 9:36:51 AM PST

Howdah
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Howdah on Mar 23, 18 10:10 AM
rosiebvt wrote:When I first updated I got a bad icon on my desktop and couldn't launch the game at all. I had to restart my computer (to get rid of the non-existent running game), uninstall through Games Manager, and reinstall the game. It's working fine now. I'm on Win 8.1, but I imagine it should work the same on other Win versions.

I did this and it is finally working. Yay! Had to do this one other time but had forgotten it. Thanks.

Attie_1234
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Attie_1234 on Mar 23, 18 10:17 AM
Hi VC11, I play on iPad and am still waiting for the update. I can not wait and hope it comes soon. Attie

[Post New]by lanky46musician on Mar 23, 18 10:17 AM

I've got Windows 10, but the same thing happened to me. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and got the Spring Event.

DeeJay46

riddler01
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by riddler01 on Mar 23, 18 11:42 AM
Yeowwwwwww!!!

Riddler

El62
Clownfish
Clownfish
659 Posts

[Post New]by El62 on Mar 23, 18 1:00 PM
I had to wait all day for my son, as the update failed and I was unable to uninstall/reinstall the game.thankfully he did his magic and I got back in.
horrible error 346

Go to: