bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

New Version for Secrets of the Dragon Wheel available! July 13th 2010

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Jul 13, 10 11:29 AM
We have a new version of Secrets of the Dragon Wheel available now. This new version of the game fixes the Game Startup Error .

We apologize greatly for the trouble. If the update has not already populated your Game Manager, there is a way to manually check for waiting updates:

To manually check for updates:

Click on Game Manager Options
Then open the Games & Downloads tab.

Under the Game Updates section, select Manually
Then click Check for Updates

Your game manager will then show you any available updates that haven't already been downloaded.

For more information click on the following link to view our help article:

Game Updates in the Game Manager

You can also get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Edited on 07/15/2010 at 3:04:38 PM PST

Re:New Version for Secrets of the Dragon Wheel available!

[Post New]by foobooWS on Jul 13, 10 12:43 PM
this is great!

it wasnt working on my computer but i just updated it and now it works like a charm!

thanks !!

(i have windows vista)

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on Jul 13, 10 12:52 PM
Thanks for the quick repair.
I'll download the trial now - it sounds like this could be a really good game - fingers crossed!

sammipjb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by sammipjb on Jul 13, 10 1:02 PM
Thanks Big Fish Games for your hard work, so glad its working. Fishies appreicate it

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Jul 13, 10 1:07 PM
Apparently, I already had the new version, but it still doesn't run well on my computer (Windows XP, 2GB RAM ATI Radeon X600 graphics card). Gameplay is slow with a lot of hesitation. It looks like a good game, but I won't be purchasing it.

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Jul 13, 10 2:13 PM
sammipjb wrote:Thanks Big Fish Games for your hard work, so glad its working. Fishies appreicate it

I also want to thank BF for responding so quickly. I usually stay up until after midnight to review the next game. I did just that last night and actually bought the game without the hour trial. I was really disappointed that it would not work. However, I had faith. I knew that all the fishies would be on it, and they were. And so was BF, as usual. I have completed the update, and am happily playing this awesome game. Thanks again BFG for your excellent customer service. You are making my retirement absolutely wonderful.

[Post New]by collie1 on Jul 13, 10 2:25 PM
I still can't install the game. I have Vista 32-bit, Nividia GeForce Go 6150 graphics card. It keeps asking me for my e-mail and password and then says it can't install.
Error 206-600

Edited on 07/13/2010 at 2:51:29 PM PST

Re:New Version for Secrets of the Dragon Wheel available! July 13th 2010

[Post New]by hboyzmom on Jul 13, 10 2:46 PM
I reinstalled and i can get to the start menu on the game.......however when i get any where the screen is black. i have pictures and the menu button and can see them along with the scroll and the hint button. but that is it .....can you help me?

Gisellesc60
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Gisellesc60 on Jul 13, 10 4:18 PM
I dont know about all that, but I decided to download trial version, then activate game, now game is working great.. Thank you

[Post New]by morfen on Jul 13, 10 6:03 PM
There is still a problem. When I open the game, I get lines all through the picture (looks like a tv that is out of synch)

Is there a setting or fix for this yet?

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Jul 13, 10 8:54 PM
It worked for me. Just finished playing the game and loved it. Very different and the graphics were outstanding. Good length, fast hint reload and skip option to puzzles. Some were very different. This games gets a . See there will be a sequal. Can't wait.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jul 13, 10 11:03 PM
Thank you! It was worth the wait - love the game!

dimajo
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by dimajo on Jul 14, 10 12:14 AM
I could play the game before the fix but it s not running smooth, a lot of hesitating so no buy for me

sylmide
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by sylmide on Jul 14, 10 12:40 AM
I too had a problem with this after d/load demo, so shut it down and waited. Now i am d/loading the update i have everything crossed waiting to see if it fixed the problem on my pc.

[Post New]by ulrikestrunz30 on Jul 14, 10 12:54 AM
thank you for updating the game. I like it now and I am a member of bigfishgames again.

saila72
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by saila72 on Jul 14, 10 1:30 AM
Thank you , now working fine! I buy, good game!

Edited on 07/16/2010 at 1:41:50 AM PST

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Jul 14, 10 3:32 AM
The 1rst version had been running a bit slow and as I had 40 mins demo time still, I downloaded the new version.
Now it says that my demo time has expired !!
Maddening as if I am not ready to buy, I always leave demo time in hand to remind myself of the game before buying.

[Post New]by budgie9911 on Jul 14, 10 3:34 AM
tried to reinstall,still having problems.my game downloads and then when it gets to the end i get a message saying download interrupted and i can't go any further.i tried a different download just to be sure and had no problem.please help.

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Jul 14, 10 3:53 AM
budgie9911 wrote:tried to reinstall,still having problems.my game downloads and then when it gets to the end i get a message saying download interrupted and i can't go any further.i tried a different download just to be sure and had no problem.please help.

Budgie, You'll need to contact Customer Service for technical help. The Games Forum is mostly for help with playing the game and is usually tended by BF game members.

Customer Support can be reached by clicking on the green envelope over there ===>

[Post New]by budgie9911 on Jul 14, 10 4:09 AM
thank you moreover,i'm new to the forum so wasn't sure what to do.

Go to: