bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

Post any Secrets of the Dragon Wheel technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Jul 13, 10 11:29 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved.

If you're experiencing glitchyness, slowness, or trouble displaying the game, the following help article has helped resolve common display issues in the past.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 07/13/2010 at 11:30:09 AM PST

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

Re:Post any Secrets of the Dragon Wheel technical issues here only

[Post New]by guylee1 on Jul 13, 10 12:46 PM
I waited till you gave the go ahead and am still experiencing difficulties. I thought I read somewhere there were voices and music. I just get this scrambling low tone in the back and the screen is slow and jumpy. Any ideas?

lee

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Jul 13, 10 1:36 PM
lee have you updated your video card or your adobe flash?

[Post New]by WeeHillyWilly on Jul 13, 10 1:59 PM
I had no problem downloading or playing the demo.....no technical issues at all. However, when I exited the game, my decktop background is completely black, which really isn't too bad, but, apparently this game caused it.
I will buy the game, cause I find it interesting.

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

[Post New]by guylee1 on Jul 13, 10 3:43 PM
I had a DrFelix done last week so I should be up to date. Never had any problems with Empress of the Deep.

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Jul 13, 10 3:53 PM
I have Windows XP, 2GB RAM, ATI Radeon x600 graphics card and I cannot play this game without significant hesitation and "jerkiness" (for lack of a better term) in game play. I do have the latest display drivers and most current version (June, 2010) of DirectX. It looks like an interesting game I would be interested in purchasing, but not unless these issues can be resolved.

I do have the new version of the game.

mimiismags
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by mimiismags on Jul 13, 10 5:04 PM
some of us are having problems with trying to open the safe. When you put the numbers in and turn the handle the tumblers go back to 910000 or 920000

slepless777
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by slepless777 on Jul 13, 10 5:22 PM
WeeHillyWilly wrote:I had no problem downloading or playing the demo.....no technical issues at all. However, when I exited the game, my decktop background is completely black, which really isn't too bad, but, apparently this game caused it.
I will buy the game, cause I find it interesting.

I had the same problem, when I finished the trial and clicked on the "get full version" I was brought back to my desktop and it's completely black.

I've never had a problem with a game I purchased on BF before, but I have to say I am extremely concerned about the number of problems this game has been causing everyone. I have half a mind to completely uninstall it and ask for my credit back.

Edited on 07/13/2010 at 5:23:20 PM PST

purplemist
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by purplemist on Jul 13, 10 7:44 PM
I downloaded the trial and when I went to play a message came up saying that it contained corrupted files and my putor shut the game down completely..(this has never happened with any other game I have downloaded)
How do I clean up these corrupted files if it possible?

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Jul 13, 10 9:38 PM
Got the new version on the trial download for Mac tonight. No error messages while downloading or on start up, but the game was jerky and slow at points. When the demo ended and took me out of the game, my screen didn't go black, but my dock disappeared and I had to restart the computer.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Jul 14, 10 12:13 AM
Firstly many thanks to the devs for getting the game fixed so quickly. It has downloaded ok and I was able to coninue where the trial ended which is great. But I'm having sound issues. If I try to turn the sound up using Fn 4, the game minimizes. Even turned up full i can barely hear the voice, but can hear other noises loud enough.
Not too much of an issue as I can read the dialogue instead of listening to it. Just thought you should know about it :-)

Jenoli
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Jenoli on Jul 14, 10 3:53 AM
I downloaded the game after the new version was put on and I get a message after installation asking me to put in my email and password for bigfish, and when I do it tells me it couldn't activate the game and it asks me if I have changed my email address. Anyone else get this?

[Post New]by collie1 on Jul 14, 10 4:08 AM
I get the same message as Jenoli. Acts like I already purchased the game. Have installed and uninstalled 6 times and still the same message. Won't let me activate the game.

[Post New]by mara_59 on Jul 14, 10 5:10 AM
I downloaded the game thru [gamesite removed by moderator] game site and had no problems. I downloaded from BF and I cannot see the rooms. Pure darkness. I think I'll go back to [gamesite removed by moderator] and purchase thru them.

Edited on 07/16/2010 at 10:02:18 AM PST

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Jul 14, 10 8:47 AM
I had to run DrFelix a few days ago because of a fatal error on the Kate Arrow game. I was totally prepared for this game to act up after reading the multitude of complaints here. Surprisingly, the game installed, opened and is playing w/o a single glitch. No sluggishness whatsoever. I am running Windows Vista and my Dell Studio laptop is less than a year old.

[Post New]by thatbonnielass on Jul 14, 10 10:05 AM
been having serious issues with games lately where I never had any before--just did an extensive attempt at a fix with bfg tech support and couldn't get it resolved--and now I find this new game jerky and horribly slow--getting dissilusioned, here, people... especially when I know now my driver and Divx is up to date and I have a really good graphics card, so not that--besides, other games seem to run fine... so is it the companies producing the games or is there a translation problem? I love it here and love playing games but I'm getting a little tired of not being able to play them. HELP BF!

poetforhim
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by poetforhim on Jul 14, 10 10:05 AM
I get an error message saying something about a png file error.

[Post New]by k1rhea on Jul 14, 10 11:15 AM
mara_59 wrote:I downloaded the game thru gogii game site and had no problems. I downloaded from BF and I cannot see the rooms. Pure darkness. I think I'll go back to gogii and purchase thru them.

Mara_59, I have the same issue. I played it yesterday thru Gogii and downloaded the demo today through BFG. It started up where I left off with the first download but the rooms are completely black.

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Jul 14, 10 11:33 AM
Jenoli wrote:I downloaded the game after the new version was put on and I get a message after installation asking me to put in my email and password for bigfish, and when I do it tells me it couldn't activate the game and it asks me if I have changed my email address. Anyone else get this?

Hey Jenoli, welcome to the pond!

Customer Support can help with this issue. They can look up your account history and see if there is a problem with the sign in email address, or if it's a different issue with the game. Just click the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

For those who are experiencing a problem where images are black, striped or just not there, it will also help to contact Customer Support to let them know about the problem you're experiencing. This way they can gather more information and find a solution that works for you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Jul 14, 10 4:33 PM
had problems with tracing the Chang's pattern. would not do anything. only way to go ahead was to skip.

Go to: