thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Devs: Everyone deserves an equal chance

[Post New]by thistle809 on Mar 23, 18 5:20 PM
I realize that you are always trying to think of new and interesting things to do, but for newer players the "Spring Hunt" achievement will be extremely difficult.to obtain. Since newer players were not here for the Spring Event last year, getting beyond the first level of that achievement will be a nearly insurmountable task. Is there some way to amend that to include other scenes?

On the same topic, newer players are usually motivated by achievements because, among other things, earning achievements does, in and of itself, gain another achievement (and more rewards). I notice there is no achievement for obtaining the "Creatures", "Lords" and "Ladies" eggs for the Album. People are going to get tired of wasting Carrots (and diamonds) on the bright green, blue and pink colored bunnies that float through, if there is no reward associated specifically with them.

Just a thought, Devs.

Edited on 03/24/2018 at 5:54:28 PM PST

Loopy_karen
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

Re:Devs: Everyone deserves an equal chance

[Post New]by Loopy_karen on Mar 23, 18 6:30 PM
well said Thistle I thought I was going colour blind on this one
this is my first spring 1 but I have noticed this with chest colours etc
it can be confusing sometimes

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 23, 18 11:00 PM
thistle809 wrote: I notice there is no achievement for obtaining the "Lord" and "Ladies" eggs for the Album. People are going to get tired of wasting Carrots (and diamonds) on the bright blue and pink colored bunnies that float through, if there is no reward associated with them.

Just a thought, Devs.
Well, actually, there is/was a reward for collecting the Lords, Ladies, Creatures.......

Eggs-actly!
Collect any 10 Enchanted Eggs – 3 diamonds
Collect any 100 Enchanted Eggs – 10 diamonds
Collect any 500 Enchanted Eggs – Elf Boy (avatar)

Rare Find!
Collect 3 unique Enchanted Eggs – 3 diamonds
Collect 9 unique Enchanted Eggs – 10 diamonds
Collect 27 unique Enchanted Eggs – Elf Girl (avatar)

The above 2 achievements were created when the enchanted eggs joined in the flying object scenario........

There were 9 of each of the 3 types of enchanted eggs.....so, we had to get ALL 27 of them to complete the Rare Find achievement.

Now that there are 3 additional types of enchanted eggs, it will be far easier to get those 27 unique eggs for Rare Find because players have 6 different types of eggs instead of just 3.

It was the same way with the Winter Event achievements .....when first released, we had Globetrotting! and Connoisseur of Beauty as the first 2 achievements .... which were also much easier to get the following year for those players who didn't complete it the first year.

Judibeth
Herring
Herring
347 Posts

Re:Devs: Everyone deserves an equal chance

[Post New]by Judibeth on Mar 23, 18 11:28 PM
People keep talking about "wasting" carrots on eggs they don't need. Since we are not obliged to click on all the eggs, why not ignore the ones not needed?

One of my games has already earned the Rare Find achievement (therefore having all the lord, lady, and creature eggs) so I don't click on those unless doing a DQ which asks for them.

My second game still needs one lady, so I click on the pink eggs even when doing a DQ asking for mice, bunnies, or chicks, but ignore the blue and green ones.

My tablet game is on its first SE and I know I won't be able to do everything, especially with very limited playing time, so I'll probably choose to concentrate on only some of the achievements, pets, avatars, etc., thus (hopefully) completing some items instead of having a host of partly finished things.

Remember, some people have been playing for years! It would be surprising if someone just starting could complete as many achievements, pets, avatars, game levels, etc., etc., as someone who has played nearly daily for four or five years!

I try to just "mosey along" enjoying trying to meet whatever goals I set for myself and accepting the idea that my newer games may not be able to complete as much as my first, but at least they don't have to pay $50,000 for a phoenix egg only to discover that, contrary to expectations, the phoenix is not an exceptional pet requiring very little food or sleep and giving only gold chests! Now that was wasted resources!!!

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Mar 24, 18 12:20 AM
thistle809 wrote:I realize that you are always trying to think of new and interesting things to do, but for newer players the "Spring Hunt" achievement will be extremely difficult.to obtain. Since newer players were not here for the Spring Event last year, getting beyond the first level of that achievement will be a nearly insurmountable task. Is there some way to amend that to include other scenes?

Just a thought, Devs.

I agree about the scenes. It is very hard to switch between rooms and hope your game friends do the same, or not get mad at you for doing it to them... I'd like very much to play as many of the new scenes but since this is my first Spring event on my new game (3rd or 4th one in total is it already? lol) I am now at 1/50 for the scene achievement. What am I supposed to do? keep running back and forth and hope my friends aren't disappointed with the random room they find when they come in?? I'm totally at their mercy regarding which room I'll get to play, most so far are on the 2nd room (the new one) and I can't blame them, I also want to play it,! It would be really great if ALL scenes counted towards the achievement, I remember the 2nd and 3rd parts require tons of visits, it's not like this will be making it that much easier.... Please consider. Thank you xxx

Go to: