Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Haunted Legends: Monstrous Alchemy Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 24, 18 12:40 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 03/24/2018 at 9:34:44 AM PST

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Haunted Legends: Monstrous Alchemy Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by dpw2608 on Mar 24, 18 1:07 AM
Way to many puzzles, just in the trial. Many will enjoy that. I'll have to let this one pass . There didn't seem to be ant flo--- enjoy all

DebbieAnnie
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Haunted Legends: Monstrous Alchemy Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by DebbieAnnie on Mar 24, 18 1:51 AM
Same ole....Same ole...., black smoky monsters with creepy hands....princess kidnapped nothing else to say....

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Mar 24, 18 5:40 AM
Yes there are lots of puzzles, so glad the skip comes up fast so I can skip em! I dont like the mini games normally anyway! W/ that said theirs a lot of hands on things to do, not as creepy as it seems. I'd probably not get it if it wasn't for the sale price! Ill see how it goes. So far entertaining!

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Mar 24, 18 9:24 AM
I didn't even bother putting the silly gate mechanism together, after performing a dozen or more unlikely tasks to find it's pieces and watching one of the musketeers get disappeared by black swirly smoke, bluish white light tentacles and a green sparkly circle. Hmmm, where have I seen that before?

Oh and breaking into the strange china and silverware box by using two gold cat's paws..yeah that way! Serves them right for leaving their good china on the dock on top of old barrels and burlap bags.

Nope, no, nuh-uh, no way am I going to bother going out that gate. I will leave the princess with the green glowing eyes to the black shadow creatures. I'm pretty sure they're hanging around and I'm pretty sure they have glowing eyes as well.

I had more fun NOT finishing the bogus customer satisfaction survey they sent out the other day.

No buy. No stars!

Abs

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Mar 24, 18 9:35 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Haunted Legends: Monstrous Alchemy Collector's Edition here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread as the moderators will be removing any content that isn’t a review.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Haunted Legends: Monstrous Alchemy Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBeruna

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Mar 24, 18 9:37 AM
By now I'm sure most people know I'm NOT an ERS/AMAX fan. But even I have to admit that Amax has taken this game up a notch. (slightly) The graphics are vastly improving, it appears to me that they are fading out the hand drawn graphics and replacing them with CG, a feature I personally prefer, after all, it is 2018!

The Shadowy monster, well, I'm going to pretend they didn't go there...again! I did however enjoy most of the mini games, although I hate it when 1 affects the others, type, and those annoying puzzles associated with a fight or battle. Yes there are a ton of MG, again, my prefrence, but the few HOS that were available, are really good, and I also like seeing my stats afterwards. (can be disabled)

It's obvious that Amax is digging their heels in, determined to revamp some dying series, and isn't that what we want? Don't we want games developed by a dev who is constantly trying? I hope so, otherwise all we get are the same features, same everything from the "big guy" who could care less about the gamer, and only cares about the

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Mar 24, 18 12:13 PM
Just to pop back in after playing a bit! Its really not bad! I'm glad they didst include that little creepy little gremlin guy in this game like they do in most of there "Haunted Legends"!

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Mar 24, 18 12:15 PM
pennmom36 wrote:By now I'm sure most people know I'm NOT an ERS/AMAX fan. But even I have to admit that Amax has taken this game up a notch. (slightly) The graphics are vastly improving, it appears to me that they are fading out the hand drawn graphics and replacing them with CG, a feature I personally prefer, after all, it is 2018!

The Shadowy monster, well, I'm going to pretend they didn't go there...again! I did however enjoy most of the mini games, although I hate it when 1 affects the others, type, and those annoying puzzles associated with a fight or battle. Yes there are a ton of MG, again, my prefrence, but the few HOS that were available, are really good, and I also like seeing my stats afterwards. (can be disabled)

It's obvious that Amax is digging their heels in, determined to revamp some dying series, and isn't that what we want? Don't we want games developed by a dev who is constantly trying? I hope so, otherwise all we get are the same features, same everything from the "big guy" who could care less about the gamer, and only cares about the

I agree ERS/AMAX did do a better job w/ this game! & that's all were asking for! So Kudos to the Devs!

DeadRiver
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,688 Posts

[Post New]by DeadRiver on Mar 24, 18 1:36 PM
Based on the Demo.
This game is the bomb. The graphics were great: some were bright and beautiful, some dark and creepy. They were all very well done. The soundtrack was clear, appropriately creepy when it needed to be. The instructions were generally very clear and easy to understand.
The hidden object scenes were fun. There were crystal apples to collect that added to the fun and challenge of the game. It was filled with great mini puzzles. Some of them were very challenging. I had to skip a few because they were taking me to long to finish, but this was an immediate buy for me, so I am determined to go back and complete them all.
The game was extremely creative and original. There was something to do every minute. Some of the items that I found had very creative and original uses, which added to the fun.
This is a five star masterpiece that I found very enjoyable to play.
The game worked like a dream: no glitches, no problems, just smooth sailing and all fun.

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Mar 24, 18 2:52 PM
The graphics are very well done, creating an attractive and comfortable ambience to the game. Even though the scenes are dark, there is a clarity and definition to them making it easy to see. They are quite impressive. This definitely has a real atmosphere to it. The effects of bats and creatures jumping out at you sometimes is an appealing addition to its creativity, also.

BUT...there are way too many mini games. I felt like I was spending all of my time either doing them or skipping them. It imbalances gameplay and is very annoying and a detriment to my buying a game. The hos were very unimpressive. Storybook, finding pictures to match words (isn't this tiring?), one that had an aggravating shaking in it (someone trying to be rescued from a crate)...and a mini, one of those was finding 5 spoons (is that supposed to be serious?)...finding pairs in another...how exciting. Too bad there isn't more effort put into hos like they do for puzzles. Wishful thinking.

You also have the option to find out more from the conversations or not, which is convenient....and you are given an option to see your stats in the hos, which I don't care anything about and checked not to show again. It is an annoyance turning a hos into a contest....just another game.

Indicates in the Extras that there are 12 mini games....15 hos...both re playable. I am not fooled by this number whatsoever, as there were about that many mini games in the demo. They are always playing games with the numbers of puzzles.

What makes this CE worthy? Not much. You collect crystal apples which look more like balls, and I wasn't very interested in even finding them because all they are good for is buying costumes for 3 mannequins. No big deal and is boring. There surely was a big room for improvement in the Extras in this. It is as though they didn't have much of an interest in this area. That is evident....and a let down.

Aside from having a bonus chapter, which I have no idea about...no one has posted anything about it here in these forums...I don't think this is CE material whatsoever. I will wait for the SE to come out to look at a walkthrough to see if there are more puzzles than anything else in this game.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Mar 25, 18 2:03 AM
nanafraser wrote:Just to pop back in after playing a bit! Its really not bad! I'm glad they didst include that little creepy little gremlin guy in this game like they do in most of there "Haunted Legends"!

There's no Grunting Dwarf?? I think I'll try the demo after all! Several of the Haunted Legends game would have been better without SG.

demon13
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by demon13 on Mar 25, 18 7:57 PM
More of a question. Is there a reset button for the puzzles? I did not see one but I may be looking right at it.LOL.

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Mar 26, 18 3:08 PM
All the Haunted Legends should have SG the noble turned into what he is on the inside a devilish dwarf. That said I don't like the fool with it puzzles, the moving things while trying to match pairs, the constant knocking and the limited sight hops. This has the ick factor. There aren't too many games I totally dislike, but this is one of them.

Go to: