Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

Re:MCF 2012... Picman's official clues and intrigue

[Post New]by Vultraz on Nov 4, 12 7:02 AM
MJ_Mystery wrote:
Purplerabbit wrote:
Vultraz wrote:

(Whited out bc these are some theories I devised based off the screenshots on FB )

What do you mean on FB? There aren't any screenshots on FB. If these aren't from official channels (MCF or BFG) they should not be posted in here, even whited-out. I suggest you remove them.

I'm back all. I think that Purplerabbit is talking about the photos that can be found on the official MCF Facebook page which includes a picture that announced Shadow Lake with a girl standing on a pier.

Actually, I was referring to the pictures posted by someone other than BFG, which were technically spoilers, and I devised my theories off those. Going to delete my post, per mama's request so I don't spoil stuff.

EDIT: deleted

Edited on 11/04/2012 at 7:04:07 AM PST

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 4, 12 7:22 AM
Here's something I'm posting just for the fun of it since there have been people making such wonderful poems and songs in this thread so far so here's one of mine for what it is worth.

Eighteen days to go
Eighteen days to go
We need a clue
We are feeling blue
With eighteen days to go

Shadow Lake is eighteen days away
The bus is ready-hooray!
There always room for one more
Let's go through the door
And head on our way
With eighteen days to go

atsfgal
Minnow
Minnow
223 Posts

[Post New]by atsfgal on Nov 4, 12 7:28 AM
MJ-Mystery

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 4, 12 7:28 AM
atsfgal wrote:MJ-Mystery

Thanks maybe I'll do more as we countdown to Shadow Lake.

nyanyamaria
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by nyanyamaria on Nov 4, 12 7:34 AM
bekair wrote:
nyanyamaria wrote:Do we have a place already? Took a good look at the Shadow Lake pic, the one with the girl on the pier... although I don't live in America (and I'm certainly not an expert in trees), if the artwork is accurate, behind the lettering is what looks to be coniferous trees (dunno if that's the correct therm - pines maybe?). Whatever the name, those look like naturally from the northern parts of the USA, or Canada perhaps. That's where the big lakes are as well, isn't it? Maybe we could set a scenario already?

Take a look at - maybe 10 pages ago - been worked - HARD!

Read the stuff first!

bbt

Have been reading it for quite some time now, I'm here since the beginning of the thread. If, however, I've missed something, I'm sorry for that. Too many pages to keep up with, since I'm on a different timetable. I'm not, however, sorry for posting my idea. I try to keep my posts straightforward, and useful, which, bekair, is something yours ended up not being. I still don't have an answer to my question, and I can't see where could I have bothered you so much with it to receive such a harsh response.

Sorry for bringing up old stuff. Gotta get that time machine to keep up with you Dear fishies, I seem to have lost track of something here. Did read the clue compilation, still can't find a reference to a place Could someone tell me what conclusions we have non-spoiler related? (@fargosis, didn't notice your "slip", but it's okay, you don't have to hide :thumbup

And I wonder where Picman is

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Nov 4, 12 7:35 AM
my ipad wont let me go here anymore

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 4, 12 7:41 AM
OK - used my extra hour of time today to catch up on what I missed overnite!

Am-azing - even with no clues yesterday we've got a few new theories! I'm updating Pg. 40 now - 'cause if/when we get a new clue today I know this lake will ex-plode with fishie genius and I'll be runnin' to keep up! I'll add a time/date updated to each of the pg. 40 posts as well to help us all keep track & so folks whose theories aren't yet there know if I missed them; or just haven't updated yet (oh yeah - that was clear as mud - it's still early!!)

Still loving the songs! Thanks to those bringing chocolate & cookies on the bus - we'll sure need them!

Welcome to all the new fish diving in & super thanx to those who are deleting spoilers!! That's super considerate and awesome! Dang folks who put spoilers on the net...

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 4, 12 7:44 AM
Way to go Vultraz

nyanyamaria~ We don't have a place yet.

I think I'm catching whatever Picman has as my head is feeling foggy too . I feel like we're going around in circles and really need another clue .

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 4, 12 7:45 AM
@nannymaria - did you find Theories Compilation on Pg. 40? We have a few guesses at location - but no certainties about it!!

Nixie2011
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Nixie2011 on Nov 4, 12 7:57 AM
Hey! I believe I found something that might be a clue we've missed so far! (and I've read ALL posts, tgi weekend)

If you check out the BFG's fotoalbum at Facebook "Happy Halloween 2012" and go straight to the picture number 10... Whom do you see??? I see Charles' father!!!!

For you fishies who don't use FB: there are several pics from the BFG Halloween party. One of the pics represents a guy that looks EXACTLY like Charles' (supposed-to-be) father as he was depicted in the last two bonus H0 scenes in EFR.

The dark suit, the moustache, the rock, the shining black top hat, the bow tie, even the walking stick - EVERYTHING like on those H0 pictures!

(The only thing that contradicts the image is the glasses the guy's wearing, but I believe they're his own, since one can see they are dioptrical and not a part of the costume.)

Does that mean we'll have a glimpse of Charles Sr in SL?

Edited to add:

...Oh, and he's got black leather gloves and he's making an OK sign with his right hand. And a VERY fishy/close-to-evil look on his face the way he's screwing up his eyes...

Edited on 11/04/2012 at 8:04:38 AM PST

nyanyamaria
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by nyanyamaria on Nov 4, 12 7:58 AM
Aha! Yup, found the clue compilation Thanks dogmama and Eoarod! I don't think I've said it before but thank you and GameLvr for putting so much effort on the awesome compilations, don't think I could have survived last year's thread without one

Enamorte
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by Enamorte on Nov 4, 12 8:06 AM
You know, I was just thinking...We are assuming that these clues are plot-related, but I wonder...Since the premise of the game has already been released, it seems there wouldn't be much plot-wise left to to divulge without spoiling the story. Therefore, could some of these clues that have us stumped be related to the gameplay rather than the plot? For instance: "Some things never change" = no morphing object scenes.

I'm with dogmama, I think my head is filling with fog, too. I'm out of ideas and just taking stabs in the dark. lol

Hint, pretty please~?

Enamorte
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by Enamorte on Nov 4, 12 8:11 AM
Nixie2011 wrote:
If you check out the BFG's fotoalbum at Facebook "Happy Halloween 2012" and go straight to the picture number 10... Whom do you see??? I see Charles' father!!!!

For you fishies who don't use FB: there are several pics from the BFG Halloween party. One of the pics represents a guy that looks EXACTLY like Charles' (supposed-to-be) father as he was depicted in the last two bonus H0 scenes in EFR.

The dark suit, the moustache, the rock, the shining black top hat, the bow tie, even the walking stick - EVERYTHING like on those H0 pictures!

Wow, I looked through those photos when they were first posted and I was sure I looked at all of them, but I didn't notice that one for some reason! You're right, it does look like him. hmm....

playzmuzic
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by playzmuzic on Nov 4, 12 8:14 AM

it reminds me of another BF game where you needed to collect 'crow tokens' and use your pet crow to help reach objects that were out of reach. (might have been a redemption cemetery game)

Redemption Cemetery it was, indeed.

Anybody on the bus have a camp stove? Marshmallows? Hot Chocolate?

atsfgal
Minnow
Minnow
223 Posts

[Post New]by atsfgal on Nov 4, 12 8:16 AM
playzmuzic wrote:
it reminds me of another BF game where you needed to collect 'crow tokens' and use your pet crow to help reach objects that were out of reach. (might have been a redemption cemetery game)

Yeppers...plus Baileys and Peppermint Schnapps oh yum

Nixie2011
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Nixie2011 on Nov 4, 12 8:17 AM
Enamorte wrote:
Wow, I looked through those photos when they were first posted and I was sure I looked at all of them, but I didn't notice that one for some reason! You're right, it does look like him. hmm....

...Maybe they added it afterwards? Hard to believe it would be missed by a hawk-eyed fishie...

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 4, 12 8:18 AM
playzmuzic wrote:

I have hot chocolate and marshmallows in my backpack/weapon. I think someone else has the camp stove or it is included in the bus...after all it is a MCF bus.

Myshawolf
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Myshawolf on Nov 4, 12 8:21 AM
Vultraz wrote:
GameLvr30 wrote:
Escabexina wrote:Hi!
First time poster in this speculation thread I'm having so much fun with it!

I just want to give my

Looking at the SL picture, I can't stop thinking that the girl is looking at the water so that leads me to think... Could it be that the town is under water?

Welcome to the thread, Escabexina! So glad you could join the fun.

I think there is a definite possibility that a town is submerged in the lake. It would explain the blog post stating the MD is investigating a "ghost town's mysterious destruction."

Great first post!

Hmmm...like in Bioshock?

There are actual several haunted lakes that have towns under their waters. An interesting possibility....

Edited on 11/04/2012 at 8:22:16 AM PST

Bordrblaze
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Bordrblaze on Nov 4, 12 8:35 AM
Laura29 wrote:LOL No, I don't recall wiping out any entire towns, though I haven't played Huntsville or Prime Suspects in a very long time. We did manage to do a number on a rather large mansion, but no towns. I think. Could we really wipe out an entire town and <gasp> not remember?

Ok here is a random thought......

What if the town at Dire Grove flooded after we left? I remember there was a lake we had to go out on at one point.Did it have a name? What if a dam burst or something??? We never did know what happened to the town did we?

(thinking I need to replay DG to refresh my memory, CRS obviously kicking in)

What do you fishies think? any chance we are going back to DG? We didn't burn that one down....yet.....lol

SabreQueen
Clownfish
Clownfish
658 Posts

[Post New]by SabreQueen on Nov 4, 12 8:36 AM
I know we keep talking about the 2 children ( esp w the Violet & Sunny extrapolation )

But I also wonder about the "12 hours" he reputedly slept. ( w 2 little kids in the House? "snicker") 1/2 of 24- 1/2 a day. Dunno jest throwing stuff out. This weekend feels EXTRA long( ) w out a clew!

Go to: