peanut242
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (iOS) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by peanut242 on May 28, 15 3:36 AM
Hey Neenal60, totally agree, this game has become ridulous, I've been locked out since March, except for A couple of days 2 weeks ago, but then black screen, blue dot came back! What I don't understand is that Bellerophon ? From BFG posted about 3 weeks ago that this problem was fixed & was being tested and ready to go! Where is it? Not satisfactory replies from BFG!!! Sorry for spelling mistakes.

[Post New]by Retro62 on May 28, 15 9:18 AM
I have been unable to get on Midnight Castle for a week now. Get the comment that it can not connect to server. I play on an I-pad and have done so for a few years now.
Thank you.
Help!

Edited on 05/28/2015 at 9:19:56 AM PST

KayteCat
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

[Post New]by KayteCat on May 28, 15 1:03 PM
Every time a specific user on my list gives me something, it is something that I have not had on my list for months.

(edited to remove the player names/numbers, since I have submitted them in the help form.)

The thing that keeps showing up in my inbox is the Wreath of Justice, which I have not had on my wishlist since I think December.

Not sure what is happening, whether her gifts are being transmuted to the Wreath of Justice, or whether her game shows an out of date wish list for me, or whether her gifts are just taking a VERY long time to get to my game.

Please help!

Edited on 05/28/2015 at 5:29:18 PM PST

JAhroni
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by JAhroni on May 28, 15 6:05 PM
Having the blue dot problem and cannot get into the tournaments. Tournament button "Play" and "Pay to play" are overlapping. Playing on an iPad, level 44
i1436897.

Also have a friend named Ken ID480985 that I can no longer gift to. Clicking on him leads to no result.

12earth45
Clownfish
Clownfish
885 Posts

NeenaL60/ game issues

[Post New]by 12earth45 on May 29, 15 2:27 AM
Hi there !

I was having similar problems for 2 weeks. Game crashed more and more, so I could not even play 2 minutes. Gave wrong scores, lost progress, diamonds, could hardly gift friends.

Emailed CS- I was fortunate to have response quickly. This helped me so far, may help you.

1.) close all programs. Total power off. Wait 30 secs. Reboot device.

This actually worked for me.
Suppose to exit out of game and not have in background also.

2.) have latest iOS update

3.)total refresh

Under general settings, scroll to bottom, chose reset NOT erase. Close app.
Then open game .

4.)re-synch device:
Go to App Store, scroll down to bottom and sign out of App Store.

Shut down device as in #1 .

Turn device on, go to App Store and sign in. Go to game and hopefully play!

5.) do try to contact CS, they appear responsive to me.

I am NOT tech savvy, wish I could copy my email response to you, but can't think how right now!

Good luck in the castle! [=

Crystal P L 63

Stina_E
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Stina_E on May 29, 15 7:08 AM
One friend cannot be selected. One of my friends, who has been generous with gifts and moving through levels at about the same rate as I am, suddenly cannot be selected for gift giving. This has continued for several days. I tried moving her to "declined" and then reselecting her, to no effect.

Update: The problem has disappeared after a restart.

Edited on 05/30/2015 at 10:49:53 AM PST

Winih
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Winih on May 30, 15 3:00 AM
Need help with Disappearing Detective. Stuck on level 61. Play on iPad.
ID i118631. Many thanks.

jangawhite
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by jangawhite on May 30, 15 4:01 AM
I, too, have the disappearing detective on level 61. There is a ring of fire-light. I was looking and most of my "characters" are gone. The uncle and family went away when I used the Rune scroll. all the characters are gone (Arabella, too) except for the pirate, the bartender. I have screen shots. Professor Pinfeathers said "Where's Jeronimo? We did everything right, but the rune scroll didn't work!" THEN crossed fingers says "we need one more thing to fully activate that scroll" I have 5/6 of Norman the detective, click "go to" and the ring of light is there, no Norman. Great Catch is completed after opening the "old chest".

jangawhite
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by jangawhite on May 31, 15 8:17 AM
I know I will not hear anything from BFG on the level 61 issue today, it's Sunday. I do expect to hear from them on Monday. I hope that Apple can get me a refund on the double charge for coins that I never got. Ordered once, paid twice, got zero "moat". They are working on it. Here in the forums there are people working on strategy guides.level 61 is the last one they post for, so are those players having issues now, too? I have friends who are on level 63, and just John at 121
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
here is the latest from the strategy guide (big thank you to the person doing these!):
Level 61
Norman – Gold Coins (x2)(craft—2800 each) & Unique stamps (x10)
Norman – Soul Selector (x2)(craft—600 each) & Stone Light (craft—3800)
Norman – Bitter Loss (x2)(craft—3200 + 4 unique each) & Ace of Old Leader (craft—2600)
Norman – Natural Harmony (craft—4000) & Cup of Sincere Wishes (x2)(craft—2500 each)
Norman – Manuscript of Resurrection (craft—2500) & Earth Rune (need to open the Old Chest ZZ—10,000)
----
Arabella – Bastet Sign & Key for All Doors (x2)
Arabella – Accurate Sign (x2) & Shark Fin
Arabella – See Valeria (after next update) & Sea Gift (x2)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got the old chest opened--then the Norman "disappearing act" hit me--I also have no Arabella to go to. All my characters are gone except for the bartender and that wicked looking pirate in Mirror Lake. Dark tower is ready on the map, have a big wooden guy to open for 12,000 in cloud city, the Chamberlain is now needing money to open and he is now a statue, an area in Underground Grotto to open for 15, 000, and on the map Dark Tower needs a 10,000 and a 11,000 buy in. so...I guess what I am saying is do not level up to 61 or complete the "Great Catch" with Norman or the "Crossed Fingers" with Pinfeathers until you're sure this issue has been resolved. It is the MOST frustrating thing I have been through with any app or game. This might save your frustration to hold at level 60 for a few days.
---------
The blue dot issue? I have had that 4 times, did not click on the dot at all, hit the home screen and backed out of the game--then I double hit the home and used the swipe up technique to delete all background running apps-reopened the game...blue dot gone.
SORRY THIS IS LONG AND DRAWN OUT, BUT IF THIS HELPS EVEN ONE PERSON, I WILL BE HAPPY AS A LARK!

Edited on 05/31/2015 at 8:41:33 AM PST

_G4il_
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,426 Posts

[Post New]by _G4il_ on May 31, 15 3:10 PM
jangawhite, this is good information. I'll beware of Level 61. Thank you!!

[Post New]by The13Cobra on Jun 1, 15 11:38 AM
Where is the update(the fix for the blue dot) ? Suppose this week anybody know?

My friends and fellow players you've been patient with me, some of you sending me gifts but I can't send you back because you still shows under invited and no option to click on that to gift. And some under my tiny list getting gifts no longer they need.

Please if you sent me gift and I didn't gift you back don't remove me. I'm keeping a list and will gift you back as soon as my game get fixed.

Cobra
Level 26 for the last 9 weeks
I1699481

Edited on 06/11/2015 at 7:45:45 AM PST

Ash1780
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Ash1780 on Jun 1, 15 7:48 PM
I tried what Neena posted but it was kinda confusing to me, so either I did it wrong or it wasn't the answer to my problems. Either way, it did NOT work.

Edited on 06/01/2015 at 8:04:05 PM PST

Ash1780
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Ash1780 on Jun 1, 15 7:53 PM
I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of AND everything y'all can think of but still, no matter what I do I am stuck in the game at Lv 1 after having everything taken from me. These things including my Level, my pets, my stock supply and the avatar I worked REALLY hard to get. The worst is that I can still receive (and still am) gifts - but can't return because I can't HAVE friends yet.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind starting completely over from the beginning BUT THEY TOOK THAT AWAY TOO!!! I'm COMPLETELY stuck at Lv 1 b/c I have no Prof. Feathers!!! Therefore, I can play one scene & earn coins & prizes.

BUT I can't earn any EXPERIENCE POINTS, so I can't fix the effing compass OR move to Lv 2
I'm so beyond frustrated with this game that I have no words for it.

PLEASE if anyone knows how I can get this version off my iPad so I can put a brand new one on. It's like it's haunting my iOS - I've deleted it off my device AND the cloud, but when I go to install it again, it's STILL THERE. Would've been nice if it had done that w/the version that had all my stuff on it, but it's on an iPad & it's THIS game. The only positive it has is that they give beaucoup compensation when the game breaks

I think I'm just gonna have to give it up which I HATE b/c despite the glitches I really enjoy playing it.

Thanks y'all
Ash

Edited on 06/01/2015 at 7:54:52 PM PST

jangawhite
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by jangawhite on Jun 1, 15 9:35 PM
jangawhite wrote:I, too, have the disappearing detective on level 61. There is a ring of fire-light. I was looking and most of my "characters" are gone. The uncle and family went away when I used the Rune scroll. all the characters are gone (Arabella, too) except for the pirate, the bartender. I have screen shots. Professor Pinfeathers said "Where's Jeronimo? We did everything right, but the rune scroll didn't work!" THEN crossed fingers says "we need one more thing to fully activate that scroll" I have 5/6 of Norman the detective, click "go to" and the ring of light is there, no Norman. Great Catch is completed after opening the "old chest".

**********************UPDATE! 06-01-15***************
I got an email from BFG wanting information on this issue--the same info I already gave them. It was a gentle
brushoff!
I responded back, now we wait again.

Edited on 06/02/2015 at 8:31:17 AM PST

jaximoto
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by jaximoto on Jun 2, 15 10:02 AM
I feel your pain JANGAWHITE! Same thing happened to me, including the BFG tech "brush off".
I've been spending my time with the game opening up the 6(?) new areas that popped up, building up my inventory and coins. Just hope I don't loose it all if and when the update does come through...
Where is UniqueRedUnicorn and the magic solution?

okiejustme2006
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by okiejustme2006 on Jun 2, 15 10:44 AM
Oops, sorry. Wrong category

Edited on 06/02/2015 at 10:46:57 AM PST

jangawhite
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by jangawhite on Jun 2, 15 12:02 PM
jaximoto wrote:I feel your pain JANGAWHITE! Same thing happened to me, including the BFG tech "brush off".
I've been spending my time with the game opening up the 6(?) new areas that popped up, building up my inventory and coins. Just hope I don't loose it all if and when the update does come through...
Where is UniqueRedUnicorn and the magic solution?

I was just informed by someone in this forum that this is normal and it happens to everyone, but I have friends on level 63...they say no, they had to wait for an update to play on...but I was only at level 58 when that happened. Seems like that update would have hit me and allowed me to play on, like all the other updates. I've never had any issues like this before.

Lbyoune
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Lbyoune on Jun 3, 15 7:06 AM
Please give us an update for iPad. We just can't get in the game,
All if my friends have disappeared andi can not add any new friends. I'm locked out of the game now.
Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update

iPad player
I1083472
Stuck at level 32, before blackout.
Friends were defeated, even Just John and I can not add any more.
I have been waiting to play again.
Very frustrating and rude,
Lisa

jaximoto
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by jaximoto on Jun 3, 15 2:09 PM
Just downloaded the latest update and Norman the Detective has reappeared! I was able to move onward and it doesn't look like my progress in accumulating coins/inventory, opening areas, or crafting was lost!
Thank you BFG techies!

Kingo62
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Kingo62 on Jun 3, 15 4:01 PM
Hi BFG Techies. Thank you so much for all your hard work!! The last update worked! I have all my friends back, I can access the quests, everything works. Thank you again. Sorry, gotta go now - game time!!

Go to: