4Cingere
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

Re:Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ Collector's Edition comments and reviews

[Post New]by 4Cingere on Feb 7, 10 10:05 PM
wsb813 wrote:
naedebpat wrote:
Mjr9550 wrote:I am really not happy about the price even though I bought it. I have been a member for years and have paid my dues regularly. I don't understand why the price. I think that if I purchase a game for the higher price, I should receive the disk too! If I purchased it at another site, I would receive the disk AND the download for the same price. I do love BF and all the great games but I don't like the surprise change. I will, of course continue to purchase my games from BF. I just wanted to vent my disappointment.

I totally agree. I've been loyal and also think for the price we should receive the game disk!

I'd love to have the disk too with the CE prices.

[Post New]by josette777 on Feb 8, 10 12:06 AM
i have exactly the same problems. can t get chips....... cant break rabbits head and start the generator. any help please ???

Edited on 02/08/2010 at 12:07:37 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 8, 10 3:06 AM
You appear to be playing the regular $6.99 version, josette777, as there are no chips in that and the rabbit's head doesn't come off. That game has a forum and walkthrough of its own.

huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by huffpatsy on Feb 8, 10 12:45 PM
This is a great game. I have played it over and over. I love challenging games such as these and they do not have enough of them. I really enjoy the MCF games, most of them that is.

[Post New]by girlpoet on Feb 8, 10 10:33 PM
I just finished it... did anybody end up using the phone? (the one that is in the secret room of the basement?) It needed reconnecting, but I never ended up using it.

Question: Is that a genuine celtic alphabet? If not, what is it??

[Post New]by playerboy on Feb 9, 10 5:24 AM
(Removed by moderator)

Edited on 07/21/2010 at 6:46:30 AM PST

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Feb 9, 10 5:31 AM
Reported as spam

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 9, 10 9:26 AM
There are two different versions. You bought the regular one but are in the CE forum.

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Feb 9, 10 11:09 AM
ladie06 wrote:could some-one tell me how long it will take to d/l, id like to play this game but dont know if computer will ****;d a big file game need some info. thanks

Welcome to the forums ladie06!

This game takes quite a while to download on some machines because the Collector's Edition is a pretty large file. This means that the minimum specs are pretty demanding and would require a good strong internet connection to download quickly.

Minimum specs for Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ Collector's Edition are the following:

* CPU: 2.0 GHz
* RAM: 1280 MB
* DirectX: 9.0
* Hard Drive: 614 MB

If you're experiencing a slow download with this game, it might be helpful to check out the following help articles for some troubleshooting advice, and if that doesn't help, shoot an email to tech support.

Game Requirements

Improving Download Speed

Help My Games Run Correctly

If you'd like more troubleshooting assistance, you hop in to Live Chat if you're a Game Club Member, or you can shoot an email to Customer Support , and a CS Representative will be more than happy to help you out.

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

[Post New]by smoochy4me on Feb 9, 10 12:17 PM
All I can say is FANTASTIC!! I love the Mystery Case Files games. This one was the best so far.....Can't wait for the next one!!

[Post New]by methodistgirl on Feb 9, 10 8:32 PM
I tried the trial version on my windows xp and it was painfully slow to start.
I wonder if it would work on my new computer with 7and I would like to get
it free for this new computer somehow.
methodistgirl

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Feb 10, 10 6:40 AM
methodistgirl wrote:I tried the trial version on my windows xp and it was painfully slow to start.
I wonder if it would work on my new computer with 7and I would like to get
it free for this new computer somehow.
methodistgirl

Contact Customer support and explain your situation to them.

[Post New]by Beverlyorris on Feb 10, 10 6:52 AM
we buy all the time from big fish and love them I was so anxious for a new MCF to come out and was nto disappointed in this but found it a little difficult on some of the puzzles. Not worth 19.95 and did not like the fact you had to find all 50 to unlock more of the game

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Feb 10, 10 11:53 PM
GREAT GAME, I adored everything in it, Please give us more games like this one. And "cerise sur le gateau" it is not too short, like some other games.

[Post New]by Scimmia324 on Feb 11, 10 4:41 PM
What about the signs that supposed to say Change is good? Do you have that trouble? I can't seem to change the scenics where you are supposed to click and little blog pop up and say Change is good? I can't figure out the end of the game where there are tombs you have to figure out the symbols such as ashes, seeds , arrow ? It just wont work for me?

[Post New]by Sarocarlo on Feb 11, 10 11:14 PM
Hey i need your help ..in the grave upon the fire i already found the moon but i can't find the sun because i can't cut any vines as you wrote before where is to the right hand where?
Pleassssssssssssssssse

[Post New]by gamergirly32 on Feb 12, 10 9:31 AM
juttawalker wrote:Hello everybody,wath a great game thanks BF!Jutta

ditto cheers

[Post New]by jeanarch123 on Feb 12, 10 10:47 AM
I LOVED THIS GAME!! I use to only play hidden object games and am now hooked on more of the puzzle aspect than the search. This was worth every penny I paid! I need more games to play like this one..Any suggestions??

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Feb 12, 10 11:04 AM
jeanarch123 wrote:I LOVED THIS GAME!! I use to only play hidden object games and am now hooked on more of the puzzle aspect than the search. This was worth every penny I paid! I need more games to play like this one..Any suggestions??

Here's a list of ones I liked in no particular order

Return to Ravenhearst (favorite of most members here)
Azada and Azada: Ancient Magic
Drawn the Painted Tower
The Dream Chronicle Series
Echoes of the Past: Royal House of Stone
Flux Family Secrets
Green Moon
Hidden Expedition Amazon
Hidden Expedition: Devil's triangle
Magic Encyclopedia (1st one didn't care for 2nd)
Mushroom Age
Princess Isabella
Puppet Show
Samantha Swift(1st 2 the 3rd didn't live up to expectations)
The Fall Trilogy
Enlightenus
The Treasure Seekers

Dire Grove and Drawn were my favorites

Edited on 02/12/2010 at 11:05:07 AM PST

puckizzy
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by puckizzy on Feb 13, 10 2:10 PM
Hi MCF fans!!

Hey Gang, meant to start a new discussion, couldn't find the link to do so...Here's my dilema. Just bought Strange Cases: The Tarrot Card Mystery. NOT impressed, even though I read good reviews on it. I will not buy anymore games w/o playing the demo first, so that's my bad.

I'm used to the more haunting & challenging games, with eerie backgrounds, music and story line. My absolute faves are ALL of the MCF games. Especially RTR & most recently, Dire Grove. I also just purchased Penny Dreadfuls: Sweeny Todd & IMO, it ranks up there with MCF.

I also own Sleepy Hollow, Enlightenus & The Edgar Allen Poe Conspiracy...Not exactly the calibur of those previously mentioned, but a very close second.

Read good reviews on Dept of 9 and Mirror Mirror. Supposed to be along the lines of RTR. That's next on my list (AFTER I play it first to see) My request to you guys is this: What are THE best dark & haunting HOGs, with great graphics & challenging mini-games???....and, when is the next MCF game coming out? Please tell me we don't have to wait until next Christmas for it?!?

Any and all replys, good or bad are Greatly appreciated!!!

Go to: