Senior Citizens sign in!!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Sep 3, 17 6:30 PM
While waiting for Lima I have been working on various cities, mostly trying to finish off ten item quests. Today I have been in Mexico City, and I noticed that the llama near level 83 appears to be wearing glasses and a red and white striped hat, possibly the kind "where's Waldo?" wears. I don't recall noticing that before.

gardenbird
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by gardenbird on Sep 3, 17 11:29 PM
Tip for those with computers as well as tablets.

If you open this forum on a computer you can copy and paste the latest
'Resource levels to replay for resources in each city' into a word document and print it off. It is then an easy reference, rather than skipping back and forth between the forum and the game.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Sep 4, 17 12:06 AM
gardenbird, re: boosts, in particular, the eternal freeze, yes, you only need one of those per timed level if its one that is simply dreadful and you choose to use it. You can buy multiple ones in the boost bar, well worth the outlay if you have a lot of trouble with timed levels. Yes, the one you use on a timed level will simply remove the timer, there is then NO time limit, you can keep making moves till the level is got out, no matter how long it takes, there is no limit on the number of moves. They are brilliant if you are REALLY stuck on a timed level. I once wasted a fortune on one dreadful timed level and then found out later what the eternal freeze does, I was so angry for not having known it, I could have used just one of those at a cost of whatever it was, instead, I spent OVER 3000 coins to get through the level, it was BAD but by the time I realised I didn't have the score up, after wasting extra times getting the tiles or whatever cleared, it was too late, I had already spent a fortune, so in for a penny, in for a pound, I could not back out then to go through it over again. And the lightning boosts give you three lightning bolts on the board, and yes, you have to choose those prior to opening the level up, just like the combos and kites and whatever else you have in the game that is applicable to that level, some boosts you can choose during the game, like shovels. If you open the cart icon, touch the boosts tab, it will show you each one, touch the specific boost, and it will bring up a description of what it does and give you options to buy multiples at bulk rates so you can save on them. I bought the eternal freeze lot of 9 some time ago, but have only used one so far, but should I get a really bad timed level I can't get through, I will use them again.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Sep 4, 17 6:31 AM
I had to use one eternal freeze to get thru a timed level. Wish I had written down which one so newbies could be forewarned. Any guesses from those who keep records?

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Sep 4, 17 7:25 AM
Jules - I learned how to type without letters on the keyboard. I am sure I am still doing 120+ wpm on a regular keyboard, but not on this iPad. And believe it or not, still use shorthand for some of my personal notes. Weirdly, schools are no longer even teaching cursive writing, just how to print. Ah, how time does fly.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Sep 4, 17 7:43 AM
Hi kailuaauntie, I agree with you the ipad typing on a glass screen is a totally different ball game, but I am always typing anything for here on my desktop, I play the game on the ipad only, but computer for everything else, the ipad is my take away computer, photo storage box and for games. If I had learnt shorthand, personal stuff is what I would be using it for, but it's another language really. I did learn to read music, thats kind of another language too, and I can still read the notes to this day, but don't play anymore.

But sadly you are also right about them not teaching proper writing anymore amongst other things too. Maybe one day, good spelling and grammar will come full circle and back in fashion, just like clothing has its circle of life too. And there are odd times I will make a spelling or typing mistake on here and elsewhere, I am not perfect (at typing I mean, not other things) all the time, I am human after all.

Edited on 09/04/2017 at 7:47:47 AM PST

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Sep 4, 17 9:22 AM
I'm another who learnt to touch type on keyboards with the letters blanked out. Working in IT for many decades made me lazy because for much of the time I was inputting to computer systems which didn't use upper and lower case, apart from punctuation. I'm now down to about 70 words a minute. Like jules I only really use the tablet for games and when I'm away from home. Access to forums etc is always from the PC.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Sep 4, 17 9:59 AM
Okay folks, this is almost to funny. When you guys started chatting about typing, kialuaauntie made a comment about jules not making any typos, look at her immediate reply, she misspelled kialuaauntie! Gotcha jules! LOL

Edited on 09/04/2017 at 9:59:56 AM PST

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Sep 4, 17 10:11 AM
It's not jules fault. There are far too many vowels in kialuaauntie.

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!! Timed level

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Sep 4, 17 10:51 AM
Re: The very difficult timed level
Snow and Jules:
I remember the level you are talking about. I DID THE SAME THING! Got into it too far to back out. I don't know how much I ended up spending, but it cost me a bundle.

Wish I could remember which city it was in, so as Snow said, we could forewarning some folks, but if it helps any I'm only in Los Angeles, so I know it was before that.

Fish
BTW, I also did a lot of typing, enjoyed your comments!

famvir3
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by famvir3 on Sep 4, 17 3:23 PM
Fishfinder, the first time I used the infinite time was in Los Angeles. So sorry! It was toward the end, and had 3 or 4 rows of pink layered self generating smilies. I was going for the master level, and I still think it is the hardest level I've ever encountered. Even with the unlimited time, it still took me 15-20 minutes to complete. The rows of smilies just kept regenerating! My fear was that somehow I would hit a snag and lose my game.

ETA; Found if! 112-2, there is a row of dark blue smilies, a row of pink, a row of pink smilies with a gap in the middle, a row of pinks and another row of dark blues, for a total of five rows of self generating smilies, with 1:20 minutes to clear it.

Edited on 09/04/2017 at 3:35:33 PM PST

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Sep 4, 17 3:48 PM
Went back and had a look at my earlier posts as to trouble with timed levels and found these
Siem Reap 100
Kathmandu 30
Singapore 105
Athens 27
I definitely used the eternal freeze in Siem Reap but can't recall what I did in the others.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Sep 4, 17 4:10 PM
GamingGrampa, yep, you got me, I did leave out a U in the spelling. Very funny guys! I did point out in a later post however, that I do sometimes make a mistake as I am human after all. I know you are only being funny though.

As for that horrendous timed level I came across, I wish I could remember what city it was in, but it was certainly well and truly a long way after LA, as I didn't use anything but shovels and extra moves and time back then. I went through at least 30 cities before I even found out that an eternal freeze would stop the clock on a timed level, I had not even looked at the boost bar then. I just muddled through. So somewhere further on, there is another dreadful timed level to look forward to, but having said that, it might well be the case that for others, it doesn't pose the same way that it did when I played it. Maybe I just got a bad layout to start and it went downhill from there, maybe if I had played it the next load it would have been better, who knows! If i had found this forum years ago when I started playing, maybe things would have been very different, but I only stumbled across it in later cities. I will check out the timed levels Trav3lbird mentioned, and if any of them look like it, I will let you know, but I may not even recognise it as there are so many levels in this game.

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Sep 4, 17 5:33 PM
Sorry if I gave some wrong info on the bad timed level. (I posted that it was before Los Angeles)

Or, maybe it was one that wasn't so bad for others, just me.
In any case, I will be more careful from now on, I really don't want to post info that would cause a problem for someone trying to get help.
Best regards to all,
Fish

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Sep 4, 17 8:06 PM
It was Siem Reap 100. Thanks trav. I could not even get close to
winning this level. Only eternal freeze I ever used.

Edited on 09/04/2017 at 8:07:18 PM PST

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Sep 4, 17 9:57 PM
That dreadful level I got stuck on that I have mentioned was not Siem Reap 100, although that was a doosie that one. I checked out the other levels mentioned by Trav3lbird, it definitely wasn't any of them either. I wish I had taken notice where it was, and it really might be the case, that I got stuck on it and no one else had the trouble I did, that does happen sometimes. Whatever it was, I think it was after Kathmandu, and I do remember the score required was enormous, somewhere I think in the region of hundreds of thousands, perhaps over half a million, and I also remember it had corner sort of pokey parts of the board to clear which were tricky, it wasn't a straight up squarish sort of board. Anyway, maybe someone will come across it one day and mention it. I might even come across it myself in a daily event or gold fever, and if I do, I will NOT be attempting it again.

kailuaauntie
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by kailuaauntie on Sep 5, 17 10:43 AM
Gardenbird - what a GREAT idea ! ! ! I copied everything onto an Excel worksheet so I could more easily manipulate the data (columns, font, etc. etc.).

Jules - Living in Hawaii taught me to carefully proof my work, with particular attention to individuals' names. I had some real "oops" moments.

keith53 - I'm totally in your court - will NEVER give up my PC, as I go back all the way to playing with DOS commands, but have never regretted buying my iPad.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Sep 5, 17 10:54 AM
iOS update finally here!!!

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Sep 5, 17 1:01 PM
Don't like the update! Has taken me ages to update every city and I do not like everything being at ultimate zoom

Gummynut
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by Gummynut on Sep 5, 17 4:35 PM
Hi folks! I too have just updated my iPad for Lima. Absolutely hate the new zoomed in screens and having the game automatically resuming at level 120 in each city instead of at my shipping port, where I always leave my game when I exit a city. I have taken up Big Fish on the invitation to rate them on this and was not complimentary. The update took over 50 minutes, overheated my processor and ran down my battery to complete, city by city. Since I have read so many similar comments, Could I be so bold as to suggest that everyone do a rating at the App Store? I would bet it will get more response than on our great forums!

Edited on 09/05/2017 at 5:01:16 PM PST

Go to: