MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

Chat about game stuff here and not in the Review Thread!

[Post New]by MissAbby on Mar 24, 18 10:01 AM
I guess I'm not like most paying customers because I don't want revamped, second hand goods. I'm so very tired of the tedious retelling of fractured fairytales. Another peeve I have is when they base a game on a piece of famous literature or a well known author. Please, leave the classics alone! Poor old Edgar Allan Poe was a tortured soul while he was alive. In the name of all that is sacred let him rest peacefully.

I want NEW! I want FRESH! I want to use my brain! If you're going to make a silly game, then make it truly silly and fun like oh, uh "Leaves" and "Leaves2" comes to mind at this moment. That time of game is interesting, fun and funny, and takes awhile to play because you have to think!

Please Developers and BFG, shop around for some GOOD games. As was mentioned in Minesita's (sorry if I misspelled your name hon ) I wouldn't mind actually paying full price or even a little more for a really good REAL ADVENTURE game!

Just my humble but heartfelt opinion!

Abs

Edited on 03/24/2018 at 10:02:17 AM PST

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

Re:Chat about game stuff here and not in the Review Thread!

[Post New]by MissAbby on Mar 24, 18 10:35 AM
I know, I'm boring myself with this subject! LOL!

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Mar 24, 18 11:38 AM
I just submitted my review for this game on the main page, and I talk about this subject, and this particular dev. Just thought I'd share my thoughts with you on this subject

"It's no secret that I'm not a fan of Amax (formerly ERS) because the relevance of their game series has deminished. The hand drawn graphics and whitewashed appearance of their earlier games became dated, and the storylines repetitive. But things are improving with each game released by Amax lately. The crude graphics are being replaced with CG graphics, and it's apparent that Amax is going to great lengths to introduce different aspects and features, seeing what works and what doesn't, isn't that what we want? Don't we want a developer to step outside the box? I'd much rather see a developer try something that doesn't work or isn't liked, than to try nothing at all! That is exactly why some devs continue to spew out one identical game after the other, giving birth to the Cookie Cutter games we have today. Because they bother to try, I will bother to notice. I'm not saying this is a blow your socks off kind of game, and the storyline has been beaten to death, but it's a good game that held my interest."

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Mar 24, 18 11:54 AM
Hi MissAbby

I agree with you completely as I stopped buying game series, I might have bought just the 1st & 2nd one and think that when it reaches 7 it should stop, and make a completely different game.

I remember a game from a series Grim something or other where there was a female detective (always a detective - so very boring), and she was examining a dead body which had a heart on the screen, and she said something like "is this a heart" !!! I deleted the game immediately and haven't bought any other from that series since then.

Now I have to apologise because I need to get a message to pennmom36 as my PM is not working properly.

@Pennmom36 - you will find 2 blank PMs from me, the PM said they'd both been sent but it deleted the Subject box so you can't open them. I will try again probably tomorrow as I am off to bed soon because our daylight savings kicks in at 1 o'clock, and my dog does love to wake me up at 3.30am.

Dax

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Mar 24, 18 12:28 PM
Miss Abby , you didn't misspell my name!

And I hope some Moderator take note of the "More Adventure Games's petition".

I like the idea to be a separate game's genre and with a price attractive for Developers to offer in BFG.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Mar 27, 18 5:01 PM
I'm probably just an old man who misses the old days when the games were more about gameplay and fun than mini-puzzles and fancy graphics. I'd love to find a developer that produced games like "Baldor's Gate", King's Quest, Neverwinter Nights, etc. Adventure role playing games. The new first person games give me motion sickness, so X-Box types are out of the question. Oh well, thanks for reading an old man's reminiscing/Daydreamings

mamachi
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by mamachi on Mar 30, 18 4:00 AM
I miss all those games too but I am also and old lady.

Edited on 03/30/2018 at 4:01:30 AM PST

murph127
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by murph127 on Mar 30, 18 11:13 AM
I am an old lady, too. I just like looking for stuff and am no good at most mini-games. Thank goodness for the Custom setting and rapid skips.

[Post New]by mavilous on Mar 30, 18 11:13 AM
Yes, have played all these games before, different characters, different settings. Where is Nancy Drew?

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Mar 30, 18 4:09 PM
I like the Nancy Drew stories, but the games I have tried have a system I can't seem to follow. I have three games that I am unable to play. I finally gave up on them

Go to: