rbsworld
Herring
Herring
317 Posts

Just some thoughts on this Spring Room debacle

[Post New]by rbsworld on Mar 24, 18 6:04 PM
I truly hope there is a redo on the achievement..but I'm not holding my breath.

I guess I am one of those players that really count on the coin advantage of Room 2. This could be the last Event to substantially add to coins before the FE. We could reasonably expect 1-2 quest updates between now and Fall, not including separate challenges that need the air ship stuff. Our last small update cost over 100,000, so I really do depend on the Event room to subsidize my efforts.

The Spring Hunt achievement is not a difficult one to obtain. There are now forum threads inviting players to games that have specific rooms open. I urge players to add these games to their friends list. We still have 41days of this challenge...there are a lot of ways to get to 1000 terrace visits.
100 friends x 10 days hi
50 friends x 20 days etc
This achievement at this stage of the Event is very doable.

What is difficult though is shuffling through friends rooms looking for Spring Room 2 with all the flip flop going on. Can anyone suggest a way to let players know when they plan on flopping their room? Many players don't read this forum...I give up on trying to figure this out. I have real life stuff like laundry to try to work in my schedule, flipping Spring rooms doesn't rate..sorry. I still want to help players have a great time in their castle...I just am out of ideas.

Sorry for the whine,

RBsMom

Just an update: Out of close 200 friends, only 37 have room 2 open. I guess I need to look for Room 2 friends which is strange since 95% of my friends are at content end...I can't imagine why "The Hunt" achievement is taking over this SE.

Edited on 03/24/2018 at 7:09:59 PM PST

Re:Just some thoughts on this Spring Room debacle

[Post New]by lanky46musician on Mar 24, 18 6:20 PM
I'm putting which room I have open behind my avatar, if that helps.

DeeJay46

mumma_1
Clownfish
Clownfish
538 Posts

[Post New]by mumma_1 on Mar 24, 18 6:22 PM
Whilst I think that it is commendable that MC players are doing all they can to help each other obtain the Spring Hunt achievement and the associated items that drop from that particular HOS....I really don't think it is fair that the Developers have left us with this dilemma.

I feel a bit cheated to be honest.....

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Mar 24, 18 6:39 PM
rbsworld wrote:I guess I am one of those players that really count on the coin advantage of Room 2. This could be the last Event to substantially add to coins before the FE.

What is difficult though is shuffling through friends rooms looking for Spring Room 2 with all the flip flop going on.

I fully agree with the above comments. Although I, too, have not completed the Terrace achievement, I am not going to bother with it, as I think that the coin advantage of the new room is far more important.

However, this is not working well for me. Although I have some 140 friends, who should be more than enough, more than half of them have the old room open! I certainly can't check multiple times a day to see which rooms have been switched to the new room. Now I see no other solution but to add more friends...

The whole issue has taken away part of the pleasure from the SE for me. Frankly, I don't understand all the commotion about the old achievements and I strongly recommend to new players to take advantage of the new room to the fullest instead. They will definitely need all the gold they can get, and this is a much more pleasant way to accumulate some than playing all day doing the rounds, just to earn a few coins.

mumma_1
Clownfish
Clownfish
538 Posts

[Post New]by mumma_1 on Mar 24, 18 6:59 PM
eli173 wrote:

Frankly, I don't understand all the commotion about the old achievements and I strongly recommend to new players to take advantage of the new room to the fullest instead. They will definitely need all the gold they can get, and this is a much more pleasant way to accumulate some than playing all day doing the rounds, just to earn a few coins.

I am relatively new to MC...started August last year...I am at end of current content and have plenty of gold....I love the new room and the HOS's inside it but, imo it's not about the coins, it's about being able to meet the goals that they have set in the achievement's. I am one of those players that would like to earn all the achievements that are available...I know some of these are really loooong time goals like Trina and DQ's but the Spring Hunt achievement is doable during the event....if the Dev's had thought this through......Well I have complained and moaned about this in more than one thread.....I will not mention it again

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Mar 24, 18 7:54 PM
I have 4 games and it's hard enough getting into all 4 games once during a 24 hour period, let alone multiple times... so, I just do all the S.R. 2 rooms and whoever I've missed because they have the old room showing, well, maybe I'll catch them next time...

a little frustrating because I'd like to collect the pet parts to make the new pets, and with coins and shards added to the new HO's, it makes it even more hit or miss...

Seems, like it also took forever to level up due to lack of room 2 available... which... since almost everyone on my games, I've had for over 3 years now, I'm not really understanding it... but... I only have control over my games and have to play them the best way I can to fit into what I've got going on these days...

It's not ideal and one size does NOT fit all... I'm sure there will be those who wish I would rotate my rooms, but... I'm stressed as it is and doing the best I can...

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Mar 24, 18 8:12 PM
Although I've played this game from the beginning, I don't play it around the clock. So coins are always a concern for me. Playing the events (Spring or Winter) is a great way to amass a tremendous amount of coins and I have to take advantage of that. So I just play Room 2 and skip those that have Room 1 up.

However, I understand the frustration for players who want to go for all the Achievements, which includes Spring Room 1.

It certainly is a pickle.

For new players or those who need coins, I would like to re-emphasize what mumma 1 said. Your friends' Spring HOSs give far more coins than playing the regular rounds. ALOT more. And the ability to earn a tremendous amount ends when the Spring Event ends.

But everyone has to play with their own particular goal in mind.

BAPPLE
Clownfish
Clownfish
626 Posts

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Mar 24, 18 8:54 PM
Most of my friends have SR2 up and running. I have the spring room achievement. But I want to help those using SR1. Two of them are very new to the game. So I am putting my SR1 up the last 3 hours current day and the first hour of the new day . I put a message with the changes next to my avatar

smartsquid
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by smartsquid on Mar 24, 18 9:31 PM
BAPPLE wrote:Most of my friends have SR2 up and running. I have the spring room achievement. But I want to help those using SR1. Two of them are very new to the game. So I am putting my SR1 up the last 3 hours current day and the first hour of the new day . I put a message with the changes next to my avatar

I am doing something similar - Room 1 for about the last 3 hours of the current day & 2 hours after changeover. Then it goes to Room 2. Being in Australia, my playing time is likely to differ from a lot of you but am hoping this helps all. I am not really trying to get the Room 1 achievement but I think some of my friends are so it gets about 5 hours a day. (Assuming I keep remembering to do this )

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Mar 24, 18 9:39 PM
Suggestion.......After your avatar/name put something like S1 opn 8-11 pm est --- or choose times that are convenient for you to change to and from.....

Then, in SPRING 1 ..... change the name to say something like: Opn 8-11 pm est ....
That way, when friends are going through their rooms and come to yours, they will KNOW when each of the rooms will be displayed.

(I saw a similar post to this from one of my iPad friends) ....... If the room is left open for a specific 2 or 3 hour period, perhaps others can find the time during that time to go into the Terrace if needed.

Since most friends are needing the coinage, it just makes sense to leave Room 2 open for the longest time. ---- Most of my friends are also sitting at max level.....so, I need to accommodate them first, while still helping the newer players.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Mar 24, 18 9:45 PM
Just a reminder...

Spring Hunt
1. Complete the Spring Terrace scene 50 times – 5 diamonds
2. Complete the Spring Terrace scene 500 times – Stargazer (pet)
3. Complete the Spring Terrace scene 1000 times – Egg Hunter (avatar)

While the Egg Hunter avatar isn't all that appealing some players DO like to get all the avatars. Especially if they are still going for the Master of Disguise achievement.

Most (if not all) players WILL want to try and get Stargazer because most of us like having as many pets as we can get. That will require at least 500 Spring Terrace visits. That would mean having access to at least 12 + old room visits per day for 40 days.

smartsquid
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by smartsquid on Mar 24, 18 9:55 PM
Thanks for the suggestion re changing notifications on timing - currently saying which is open "now" but will work it out on GMT and try to change it to say that - goodness, and I thought real life was complicated!! It's got nothing on this

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Mar 24, 18 10:11 PM
Since I haven't contacted each of my friends, I have no idea who needs (or just wants) more coins, who is going for achievements, who wants to play Room 1 more because there's no shards or 15 coins dropped instead of a carrot, top hat, bow tie, rattle or recipe book, or who has another reason for preferring one room over another.

However, if my switching rooms is not to any of my friends liking, I'M OKAY WITH BEING DELETED.

Really. I'm not going to pester anybody with pm's asking "How could you?" or badmouth them in the forum or gossip about them in pm's to other players. Do what you have to do to be able to enjoy playing your game.

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Mar 24, 18 10:49 PM
I just want to say--
I am proud of all of you players that are taking the time to think of ways to get past this debacle.
To changing back and forth
to adding times
to trying to come up with ideas
to just being so caring of other players that need or just want these things.

You all are a great group of people.

I know it's frustrating, but your true colors come out in this situation.

Czoe
Herring
Herring
334 Posts

[Post New]by Czoe on Mar 24, 18 10:51 PM
I still think that it's a shame that the devs left the players with this dilemma, instead of a more creative way of offering a choice between rooms.

People who don't check out the Forum must be really confused.

wbzorker
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by wbzorker on Mar 24, 18 11:42 PM
Softly - (wouldn't it be easier to just change the name of the accomplishment to Complete Spring 1 or Spring 2 and tweak the programming?)

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Mar 25, 18 12:17 AM
My latest game, as I have said elsewhere ( I feel like I am saying it Ad Nauseum) is doing its first ever event.

That said, I will play whatever room is available at whatever time I am playing. I will catch some new rooms and some new rooms. I will also be changing my rooms, so some friends will catch either room 1 or room 2. Room 2 is up during my daytime hours, room 1 during my night time hours.

Much as I would love to have the Spring Terrace achievement, there is always next year.

My friends should play their games the way that suits them and should not feel pressured to change their style if they don't or can't have the time needed to juggle everything that is being thrown at us in and out of the castle.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Mar 25, 18 6:55 AM
eli173 wrote:Frankly, I don't understand all the commotion about the old achievements and I strongly recommend to new players to take advantage of the new room to the fullest instead.

Couldn't agree more about the coins, I am so thankful to the devs for adding such a room with such a great source of income
BUT
Not sure it's so much about making an achievement as it is about the special PETS. There is a LE pet for playing it 500 times (that's a lot!) and all the pets we need stuff from that room to make too. I really need the coins, but I also really want the pets.

Best thing devs can do for us all, is either add a portal as was suggested here - brilliant idea! OR add all old items to the new hos, and make them count for the achievement too.

Otherwise, I'm afraid this is far from being an ideal situation to any of us

Edited on 03/25/2018 at 7:02:18 AM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Mar 25, 18 7:22 AM
It's VERY unlikely that there will be a fix for this problem this year.

The event only lasts 44 days. It takes time to program, test, and sent the new software to Big Fish for approval, who then have to send it to Apple, Googleplay, and iOS for approval before it can be released.

In addition, Elephant Games has contractual responsibilities to produce other games and can't just drop whatever they are working on to fix this mess. It's not as if the game is unplayable. It's just more challenging.

There have been threads started by people who are switching rooms, people who have Room 1 available all the time, and people who have Room 2 available all the time. So if your current group of friends aren't meeting your needs, why not check out the appropriate thread and find some temporary event friends who can?

Nobody in the threads playing on your platform? How about starting a thread of your own?

Room 1 Thread

Permanent - Spring Room 1 - Available
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/1060005.page

Room 2 Threads

My 13 PC Castles will have the Spring Room 2 up for the duration
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/1060069.page

PC EVENT ROOMS TO LET ROOM 2
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/40/1041747.page

Switching Rooms Thread

New Spring Event PC Friends/Rooms One OR Two
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/1059392.page

Who Needs to Complete the Spring Hunt Achievement?
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/1058824.page

Attention friends of Berengaria/Berengaria2 and anybody who needs Spring Room 1
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/1058772.page

wiredawwg
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by wiredawwg on Mar 25, 18 7:31 AM
Annelliegram wrote:Suggestion.......After your avatar/name put something like S1 opn 8-11 pm est --- or choose times that are convenient for you to change to and from.....

Then, in SPRING 1 ..... change the name to say something like: Opn 8-11 pm est ....
That way, when friends are going through their rooms and come to yours, they will KNOW when each of the rooms will be displayed.

(I saw a similar post to this from one of my iPad friends) ....... If the room is left open for a specific 2 or 3 hour period, perhaps others can find the time during that time to go into the Terrace if needed.

Since most friends are needing the coinage, it just makes sense to leave Room 2 open for the longest time. ---- Most of my friends are also sitting at max level.....so, I need to accommodate them first, while still helping the newer players.

Good idea! I will do it and leave SR 2 open longer. Wiredawg

Go to: